Basic E-Spec Idea- Monk

Swagger.1459

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:@Knighthonor.4061 this is a better warrior staff and heal spec, and it doesn’t copy a guardian.

Thats a copy of Thief Daredevil

Nope. It’s a monk style character. Yours is a guardian though.

No thats Thief Daredevil. Physicals and all. its not even Heal support elite spec just like Thief Daredevil....

Then you’re not reading it correctly. You should start with the guardian thing first, then read through thief, then my proposal

Id love for them to make it a melee healer with smiting and prot skills from guilds wars 1 rolled into it. But with how devote and zealot like they have become with removing and distancing themselves from guild wars 1 I HIGHLY DOUBT this would ever happen. I could throw the idea of the necromancer getting a ritualist E-spec where they get "totems" (Turrets) which are wicker themed and their F1 through 5 are spirits that stay with them and hover around them, minions that shot projectiles and do various effects. People would poo poo on it because "Too dark."

I could throw the idea of the revenant getting a dervish spec, which allows them to channel the different elder dragons rather than the gods and use their sources and fonts of magic as a catalyst for their destructive force. People again would poo poo on it and say it can't happen and they don't like it; I think your concept is great and could add a spec that is not "Oh look warrior with daggers, oh look warrior with torch." Rather the spec would change the class to something unique and fresh and not simply be an addition, it could stand alone and just be a augmentation. Its a "Specialization" after all, that means its something that you've decided to focus on and make your own which changes how you fight and the abilities you have.

Golden light, angelic looking abilities they could even merge the paragon into this as well giving us passive aura's while we are there. Which means guardian could get something new and we could see warrior basically get a "Martial paladin" styled spec, and the guardian could get something new? Maybe rather the guardian could get the dervish spec? Or even the ritualist one mentioned above? Sky is the limit.

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:@Knighthonor.4061 this is a better warrior staff and heal spec, and it doesn’t copy a guardian.

No thats Thief Daredevil. Physicals and all. its not even Heal support elite spec just like Thief Daredevil....

Then you’re not reading it correctly. You should start with the guardian thing first, then read through thief, then my proposal

I reading. its Daredevil Thief. How is it different. Its not even a Healer Support elite spec. its more Thief with Monk name.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

I reading. its Daredevil Thief. How is it different. Its not even a Healer Support elite spec. its more Thief with Monk name.

Read again my honorable friend.

@Swagger.1459 said:

I did. This my third or fourth time reading the thing. its not a Healing support Warrior Elite spec. Its Thief Daredevil in Heavy armor.

As @derd.6413 told you last year....

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

I did. This my third or fourth time reading the thing. its not a Healing support Warrior Elite spec. Its Thief Daredevil in Heavy armor.

Look for the words heal and healing, that should help you. And let me know how many times you see them.

@Swagger.1459 said:

Look for the words heal and healing, that should help you. And let me know how many times you see them.

did you not read your own stuff. Most of the healing is on the Weapon skills. Weapon Skills are optional to the elite spec. for when they use them. hence a Support Firebrand doesnt have to use Axe mainhand to play support. Its optional. Besides that the Elite is the only support option. No way can this hold its ground support wise against other Support builds in this game on other classes.

again this is Daredevil thief in heavy armor.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

did you not read your own stuff. Most of the healing is on the Weapon skills. Weapon Skills are optional to the elite spec. for when they use them. hence a Support Firebrand doesnt have to use Axe mainhand to play support. Its optional. Besides that the Elite is the only support option. No way can this hold its ground support wise against other Support builds in this game on other classes.

again this is Daredevil thief in heavy armor.

Ummm, it’s meant to be a hybrid heal and damage spec. I’m glad you noticed the healing now.

So my input for you:

The utilities would have to affect 5 allies for this to ever be taken. 3 enemies for some attacks, but 5 for others, whatever seems balanced but some hard AoE would be nice.

Tiger Technique should provide precision to allies instead of take away from foes, just because I think that would be hard to implement.Snake Technique might be better if it gave blind every 3rd strike.

Allow multiple Techniques to be active. You will need something to replace burst attacks, otherwise you'll be breaker half of the warrior traits that everyone takes.

Change vault to a forward roll that ends in a sweep that knocks down foes and heals allies.ORChange vault to a savage leap type at attack that cleaves and heals in a area. Keep the ground target in that case.