Better Hairstyles/ Customization please [Merged]

Chasind.3128

We just need an array of sliders-- for hair length and texture. More body sliders.We used to have hair sliders---- gw2 designers made the mistake of not wanting to put more customization options into their game-- I always see players complaining about how we have yet to get hairstyles/ faces and more and they're right.
It's like we're getting more gliders/ chairs/ mount skins when those resources could be put into more important things like character creation tools to better our beautification.

@"Lothloria.5436" said:Would love to see longer hair though, especially for human females. Can we borrow some from the Norn please <3

Don't forget this existing human one:J3fIq5v.jpg

But yes, something more like this Norn one would be nice for humans (although perhaps with a different pattern on the bandana/scarf):FtevL6l.jpg

What I'd also like to see is this GW1 male hairstyle and beard:FiLOMnt.jpg

@phs.6089 said:

@Lothloria.5436 said:Would love to see longer hair though, especially for human females. Can we borrow some from the Norn please <3

How about no! Humans aren't Norn, Norn aren't Humans. I don't mind them having similar hairstyles, but this copy/paste nonse needs to stop.

So, they can't have similar haircuts?

Simiilar, yes! The same, no!

@Dragana.1497 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@Lothloria.5436 said:Would love to see longer hair though, especially for human females. Can we borrow some from the Norn please <3

How about no! Humans aren't Norn, Norn aren't Humans. I don't mind them having similar hairstyles, but this copy/paste nonse needs to stop.

Why tho? Can't a human visite a norn hair studio? :) T.T

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

We need more cultural diversity in this game. Not less. What's the point of different races if they are all the same?

@Dragana.1497 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

We need more cultural diversity in this game. Not less. What's the point of different races if they are all the same?

But it's not the haircuts that make that difference. I don't know. I would never mistake my 3 norns with my 2 humans, even if I get that simple haircut on my human fem that my norn fem has. And I can't even think of what would make me or anyone else to mistake my norn with my human male.

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

But it's not the haircuts that make that difference. I don't know. I would never mistake my 3 norns with my 2 humans, even if I get that simple haircut on my human fem that my norn fem has. And I can't even think of what would make me or anyone else to mistake my norn with my human male.

The hairstyles DO make a difference, though. They express culture. Physically the races may look different, but their cultural differences are disappearing more and more. Every race reacts the same to every situation. They all wear the same armour. Which is why I want MORE diversity wherever we can get it. If the races react the same, at least let them express themselves differently through other thing (i.e. hairstyles and more cultural armour).

@Dragana.1497 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

The hairstyles DO make a difference, though. They express culture. Physically the races may look different, but their cultural differences are disappearing more and more. Every race reacts the same to every situation. They all wear the same armour. Which is why I want MORE diversity wherever we can get it. If the races react the same, at least let them express themselves differently through other thing (i.e. hairstyles and more cultural armour).

I see what you mean but at this point I don't think race = culture. Another thing is that double braided hair are not reserved for one culture only. There's 0 reasons why each race shouldn't be able to tie their hair one way or another.

Moreover assimilate so easily with asura gates so I see no reason why you couldn't choose to wear more nornish stuff as human or even cultural human armor as charr. Maybe not in early game but now pact is a huge tent as Canach said. I would be happy to see everyone learning about each other's cultures. Besides everyone can wear sylvari leaf dress so why stop there?Idk, I fear the race purism, we should all dress together, braid each other's hair, no matter where you were born. We all have same hairdresser in Lion's Arch anyways!

@Lothloria.5436 said:I just would love to have bangs on the existing long human hair styles, instead of bare forehead and have hair the length (past the waist) that Norn have. I don't want to take appropriate Norn culture :#

Yes.

I'd live bangs to some of the already existing longer hairstyles-- it's weird that humans either have huge forehead revealing hairstyles or just bad waves/ or stiff badly designed ponytails.We need loooong hair with bangs.

Archived