Rune and Sigil Changes - 13 November 2018 [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

Dear studio,

Please do not ignore how this update is entangled with your personality. I am going wonk the gronk out, please bare with me.

If we approach Tyria as topography, the update to upgrades increases the size and complexity of the upgrade production landscape. This will dilute the market tension caused by using upgrades as part of collections, provide space for upgrade narrative and provide more paths for players to follow towards upgrades.

If we accept a neighborhood within the broad Tyrian landscape addressed "the general cost of experimenting with upgrade and armor combinations and maintaining a gear level lifestyle that includes switching between upgrade and armor combinations", then the topography of that neighborhood is heavily entangled with gem shop topography. If there is studio personality topography that describes how game play topography is entangled with gem shop topography, then entangling fashion with the gem shop is (here) and entangling "the general cost of experimenting with upgrade and armor combinations and maintaining a gear level lifestyle that includes switching between different upgrade and armor combinations" is way over {there}.

If Black Lion salvage kits were unbound, the scope of entanglement will remain the same but with less tension. Tension convinces profit to appear. Unbinding BLsk will increase the value of Black Lion chests, compensating somewhat for the decrease in tension. As well, there should be extent currency demand via gear production and destruction being suppressed by the new design and increasing the size and complexity of upgrade production topography increases the potential for currency demand.

Assuming a general shape for studio personality topography, I do not see a path to Ascended upgrades that wouldn't require changing how upgrade topography and gem shop topography are entangled.

H

edit: this is the last edit

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why Nightmare rune topic was merged with general 'update' one. Concerns and reasons got buried under piles of other feedbacks.Nightmare runes was made into trash with this update.
While Power builds have luxury to chose from several runes. Condi build had a single mixed (!!!) build and you took it away.

@Sneakr.3679 said:So if I understand this correctly the silver fed salvage-0-matic is now garbage? It says it has an 80% chance to recover upgrades, is it broken? I have salvaged tons of rares and not one upgrade returned. Shouldn't this be corrected or a refund/exchange available?

All salvage kits plus copper and silver feds .. all say the same as previous but the only kit that you seemingly can get runes back from using is the BLSK's.. so I agree anyone who purchased either of the feds, certainly of late in the latest sales and the combi sales, should be offered a refund because it simply does not do what was / is stated.

I like the idea of salvaging runes and sigils, for sure. Being able to craft some that were before inaccessible, great change. What annoys me is the auto salvage. Personally, I preferred the choice of selling, mailing to a lower toon/newer person, dropping them into that mystical vortex for a superior or adding one to my collection for different builds. Now that option has been removed, unless we use black lion or mystic salvage kits, and I'm just not feeling it.

@CETheLucid.3964 said:

@"serenitycat.4623" said:So , how is it not
BROKEN
that Azurite Orbs currently do not have a regular drop rate from any "farmable" source ( since you need
multiple
orbs , for say , just to make 1 amalgamated gemstone) ???By farmable source I mean , an ememy drop or a node you can mine/gather- preferably not locked behind something like Fractals which not all players run.
And that's just
ONE
example of problems with the rune sigil crafting...... I, personally, can definitely see where there are things that need to be corrected with this.They really should let Jewelers promote Azurite Crystals into Orbs.

Woo! They did it! B) :+1: :+1:

@CETheLucid.3964 said:

BROKEN
that Azurite Orbs currently do not have a regular drop rate from any "farmable" source ( since you need
multiple
orbs , for say , just to make 1 amalgamated gemstone) ???By farmable source I mean , an ememy drop or a node you can mine/gather- preferably not locked behind something like Fractals which not all players run.
And that's just
ONE
example of problems with the rune sigil crafting...... I, personally, can definitely see where there are things that need to be corrected with this.They really should let Jewelers promote Azurite Crystals into Orbs.

Woo! They did it! B) :+1: :+1:Took them only 5 years.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

BROKEN
multiple
And that's just
ONE

Woo! They did it! B) :+1: :+1:Took them only 5 years.

They also lowered the material cost of the more expensive mats that you were complaining about around that time. ;)

@"phs.6089" said:I don't understand why Nightmare rune topic was merged with general 'update' one. Concerns and reasons got buried under piles of other feedbacks.Nightmare runes was made into trash with this update.

While Power builds have luxury to chose from several runes. Condi build had a single mixed (!!!) build and you took it away.

You're probably talking about nightmare/trapper. That particular combo was nerfed but trappers contribution remains unchanged and theres a bunch of new/reworked stuff that offers a similar boost to condi duration.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune

@CETheLucid.3964 said:

@"phs.6089" said:I don't understand why Nightmare rune topic was merged with general 'update' one. Concerns and reasons got buried under piles of other feedbacks.
Nightmare runes was made into trash with this update

You're probably talking about nightmare/trapper. That particular combo was nerfed but trappers contribution remains unchanged and theres a bunch of new/reworked stuff that offers a similar boost to condi duration.

There isn't condi builds are stack with lousy 'tempest' or 'afflicted' neither of them get close to what we had.

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:I don't understand why Nightmare rune topic was merged with general 'update' one. Concerns and reasons got buried under piles of other feedbacks.

There isn'tIf you say so.

@CETheLucid.3964 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:I don't understand why Nightmare rune topic was merged with general 'update' one. Concerns and reasons got buried under piles of other feedbacks.

There isn'tIf you say so.

Oh please, link me to this newly

new/reworked stuff that offers a similar boost to condi duration

Archived