mAT — Deadeye PoV

dDuff.3860

Recent mAT was pretty good with lots of tough matches.I'd like to share with you my PoV of these games.

1st game — Skyhammerhttps://www.twitch.tv/videos/340510473

2nd game — Foresthttps://www.twitch.tv/videos/340510471

3rd game — Capricornhttps://www.twitch.tv/videos/340510472

Semifinals — Templehttps://www.twitch.tv/videos/340510474

Hope you guys enjoy it

I watched the last match against Sind's team, you played pretty well but it just reminded the limitations of this spec while it can do insane dps/burst it lacks so much in every other aspect of the game, despite that you played it as it should be played, going into fights and killing your target as fast as possible.

I guess it's pretty much confirmed that you can play Deadeye in high lvl pvp such as ATs or other tournaments, and not only as a pug stomper in ranked.Anyways I really enjoyed the gameplay, I just wish they would revert the deadeye rework I liked deadeye before they made it more annoying with the splendid idea of stealth on dodge and 0 cd 0 initiative DJ lol.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:none of these videos are showing up, they look like big black squares. maybe only for na peeps?working fine for me and other guys from the thread, check you flash player settings or try to watch on twitch, may be

@"Elxdark.9702" said:I watched the last match against Sind's team, you played pretty well but it just reminded the limitations of this spec while it can do insane dps/burst it lacks so much in every other aspect of the game, despite that you played it as it should be played, going into fights and killing your target as fast as possible.

I guess it's pretty much confirmed that you can play Deadeye in high lvl pvp such as ATs or other tournaments, and not only as a pug stomper in ranked.Anyways I really enjoyed the gameplay, I just wish they would revert the deadeye rework I liked deadeye before they made it more annoying with the splendid idea of stealth on dodge and 0 cd 0 initiative DJ lol.

Thanks man, I don't think deadeye lacking anything which other thief build have. Deadeye is superior at winning teamfights because it doesn't require "valid path" to steal and can push targets from far distance. Unfortunately, I haven't experienced deadeye "pre-rework", but I doubt it was worth playing rifle back there.

Not looking into dodge-on-stealth rework because it is still a fair tradeoff of defensive cooldown (which endurance obviously is in a more wide sense) for opportunity to land damage.In case class balance stays the same, deadeye doesn't need any additional nerfs atm.

@dDuff.3860 said:

@"Elxdark.9702" said:I watched the last match against Sind's team, you played pretty well but it just reminded the limitations of this spec while it can do insane dps/burst it lacks so much in every other aspect of the game, despite that you played it as it should be played, going into fights and killing your target as fast as possible.

Thanks man, I don't think deadeye lacking anything which other thief build have. Deadeye is superior at winning teamfights because it doesn't require "valid path" to steal and can push targets from far distance. Unfortunately, I haven't experienced deadeye "pre-rework", but I doubt it was worth playing rifle back there.

Not looking into dodge-on-stealth rework because it is still a fair tradeoff of defensive cooldown (which endurance obviously is in a more wide sense) for opportunity to land damage.In case class balance stays the same, deadeye doesn't need any additional nerfs atm.

i think the conversion of endurance for stealth is fine mostly. in WvW one could debate about the overabundance of endurance for builds that can do more than avoid damage with it, however facetank builds also do get more stats and dmg reductions to boost their sustain there. i still would like to see how it would work if the endurance to stealth conversion was instead of on a dodgeroll on a 1/4s casttime skill , so it can be interrupted but you dont have to change position and its faster.

i think before the rework with unfogiving/stealth on kneel you could abuse much more the no teleport points in spvp. for WvW you were able to do some more nice plays with it before the rework as DJ didnt have a stealth requirement and could be canceled for no cost with esc, but you also had to think a little more when you can appear and where to avoid counter pressure. obviously you have to avoid more when your stealth enterance can be interrupted.

as for the matches: its interesting to see how different one plays deadeye in spvp when time matters more

@dDuff.3860 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:none of these videos are showing up, they look like big black squares. maybe only for na peeps?working fine for me and other guys from the thread, check you flash player settings or try to watch on twitch, may be

oh believe me it was worth playing back then, it required a bit more of skill since you were easy to punish and kill quicker, I played a lot deadeye back then and I'm 100% sure it was stronger than it is now. I won't discuss with you guys about balance, that's for another thread but if you think stealth on dodge is a fair tradeoff mmm then it's gonna be hard to talk about that :)

About Deadeye lacking things, I think it's just steal/mark comparison in the end. Steal is just so much stronger and better than mark in every way in my opinion.Deadeye as you said it's really good cleaning teamfights or any target tbh and that's why I like it because it does damage to everything that moves and that's really fun.

Mark is recharged on target kill => Deadeye is better in snowballing fights.Basically one death and your most powerful tool is available again.

Also mark itself is +10%/-10% damage modifier incorporated and 1 (2) free stealth access on 5 malice.

It is only instant cast and shadowstep to target that make steal have comparable (and at some point) better effect.

Archived