Balance Team: Please do something to improve core engineer

Vagrant.7206

@Dahkeus.8243 said:Core engi is actually probably the strongest core class in the game. If we want to argue core classes vs elite specs overall, that has merit, but I've seen people do very well in PvP with core engi and the meta engi build for PvE is based on core engi, rather than scrapper.

What level of PvP do you play at? Bronze? Because in PvP, condi engis are laughable. Any decent necro or DH will wipe the floor with them, and condi thieves burst way better.

And the meta PvE engi ignores scrapper because scrapper's damage is horrendous compared to core. Seriously, there's no damage or utility bonus to scrapper in PvE, making it worthless.

@Vagrant.7206 said:If you want to retain the shotgun feeling, you can do a few things

1. Make blunderbuss the auto attack (Say whaaaaaaa?)

This would actually resolve a lot of the projectile hate issue, give the rifle an AoE damage, and give rifle some usefulness as a condi weapon, while still leaving it feeling like a shotgun that's more effective the closer you are to the target. Obviously some damage tuning and bleed tuning would be needed, but I think it's a practical solution.

I just want to really really chime in and say yes to making Blunderbuss the auto attack. That's something i've long wanted to see done to help push rifle in the right direction.

If somebody would put me in charge to fix the rifle id take the scrap rifle from HoT and transplant its functionality on the engineer rifle. Id tweak some numbers on it of course and keep the heat mechanic it got, some addtional functionality added like for example the charring barrier skill gets an added "you shall not pass" cc effect like a guard staff wall does that can be traited for projectile hate with the firearms line and some other things like that. The hotter it gets the more physical damage it does and if its at 100% you unlock skill 5 and can toss the thing in your enemies face to explode for a massive burst, blast finisher and heavy cc and et voila. For sure could have some synergy with the holosmith too that way...with heat and stuff and even without, go into TD and pick up one of these rifles, play arround with it and tell me it wouldnt be fun to always have that skillset arround. A man can dream

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@Dahkeus.8243 said:Core engi is actually probably the strongest core class in the game. If we want to argue core classes vs elite specs overall, that has merit, but I've seen people do very well in PvP with core engi and the meta engi build for PvE is based on core engi, rather than scrapper.

What level of PvP do you play at? Bronze? Because in PvP, condi engis are laughable. Any decent necro or DH will wipe the floor with them, and condi thieves burst way better.

And the meta PvE engi ignores scrapper because scrapper's damage is horrendous compared to core. Seriously, there's no damage or utility bonus to scrapper in PvE, making it worthless.

I wouldn't say condi Thieves burst better, it's just that the strong condi Engineer burst has a long-ish cooldown. The Thieves just can burst more often, and have a lot of evade. Condi Engi can put a lot of burning on a target up front...it's just that a Necro can just give it to you and watch you melt, and even if you survive that, your skills for it are on cooldown for like 40 seconds.

Rifle, Elixir, Turret - I agree, some overhaul needs to be donePistol - I got no complaint about it, except missing shots on Poison Dart while the target is moving.Shield - Fine with it too since it is not meant to be dealing damage, could use a bit of buff on it though. Reduce CDR maybe?Gadget - The only skill I use here is Rocket Boot, so much fun moving 2400 distance within 3 secs. Teef can kiss my dust. xDElites - Mortar is within my condi build rotation with its soft cc/healing, works fine for me. Not sure why you complaint.

From Raid - Core Condi build actually has a place in a team (Pinpoint Distribution), unlike Revenant (only for Deimos hand kiter/ condi for Cairn which is bugged) lol. And it is one of the highest DPS, that is if your finger can play the piano and I enjoy it very much.From PvP - The only viable build I find useable are Mender or Paladin build in Scrapper. Core build doesn't really have a place in PvP, sadly =/From PvE - Once in a while, I'll use Rifle/Grenade/Bomb/Spanner to stomp these undeveloped dungeons, just for the fun of it and still kick ass.From WvW - We work better in a small group fight, but in a glob fight, hard to contribute.

Healing Turret, yea yea yea, we all are bored with it, but it is one of the best healing skill in game. Yet you are asking another "best in game" healing skill? lol?Despite some of its slight underused skills, Engineer is one of the less boring class to play.So to the Newcomers, please join with us only if you are intellect enough! xD Nah, was kidding, we welcome anyone. =D

@yLoon.5289 said:Rifle, Elixir, Turret - I agree, some overhaul needs to be donePistol - I got no complaint about it, except missing shots on Poison Dart while the target is moving.Shield - Fine with it too since it is not meant to be dealing damage, could use a bit of buff on it though. Reduce CDR maybe?Gadget - The only skill I use here is Rocket Boot, so much fun moving 2400 distance within 3 secs. Teef can kiss my dust. xDElites - Mortar is within my condi build rotation with its soft cc/healing, works fine for me. Not sure why you complaint.

From Raid - Core Condi build actually has a place in a team (Pinpoint Distribution), unlike Revenant (only for Deimos hand kiter/ condi for Cairn which is bugged) lol. And it is one of the highest DPS, that is if your finger can play the piano and I enjoy it very much.From PvP - The only viable build I find useable are Mender or Paladin build in Scrapper. Core build doesn't really have a place in PvP, sadly =/From PvE - Once in a while, I'll use Rifle/Grenade/Bomb/Spanner to stomp these undeveloped dungeons, just for the fun of it and still kick kitten.From WvW - We work better in a small group fight, but in a glob fight, hard to contribute.

Healing Turret, yea yea yea, we all are bored with it, but it is one of the best healing skill in game. Yet you are asking another "best in game" healing skill? lol?Despite some of its slight underused skills, Engineer is one of the less boring class to play.So to the Newcomers, please join with us only if you are intellect enough! xD Nah, was kidding, we welcome anyone. =D

I would make the argument that healing turret is on par with other good healing skills in the game. The long casting time can make it a liability in PvP and an easy counter for thieves. We do not have any instant cast heals, making us super easy targets once we're below 50% health in PvP.

Archived