RAID: DOMAIN OF ANGUISH ?

Sombra.3246

• 1 month later...

Domain of Anguish / Realm of Torment would be Kormir's realm now. Mallyx is long dead, but after the events of Path of Fire, demons from the Mists did begin invading the gods' afterlife realms in full force. For a while, even Kormir's Sanctum was under threat (though now, as of episode 4, it isn't as it's now a refuge for souls fleeing Kralkatorrik).

It would be interesting, given current events, to fight some branded demons in the Realm of Torment or Fissure of Woe. But if I had to chose between the two, even knowing it'd likely get the same level of sad treatment Dhuum, Lazarus, and Joko's ending got, I'd rather us find out wtf happened to Menzies over some random demons in the Realm of Torment.

@Clyan.1593 said:As for raids I want realm of torment and fissure of woe.

I've spent the last few months imagining the Fissure of Woe as a Living World map, with Kralk's corruption seeping in at the edges since he's had a taste for Balthazar's magic. I'd love to have the landscape drastically changed from the final confrontation with Menzies.

Open world, raid, or fractal, mostly I'd just love FoW as a means of explaining that maybe Balthazar consumed Menzies's essence after finally defeating him, and maybe that changed him just enough to kick off his fall from godhood.

@Jonii.6285 said:

@Clyan.1593 said:As for raids I want realm of torment and fissure of woe.

I've spent the last few months imagining the Fissure of Woe as a Living World map, with Kralk's corruption seeping in at the edges since he's had a taste for Balthazar's magic. I'd love to have the landscape drastically changed from the final confrontation with Menzies.

Open world, raid, or fractal, mostly I'd just love FoW as a means of explaining that maybe Balthazar consumed Menzies's essence after finally defeating him, and maybe that changed him just enough to kick off his fall from godhood.

I'm sure someone will point out that Arenanet has said they want LW maps to be set on the Tyrian world map. But, of course, it doesn't mean that you can't have a Nightfallen Jahai situation, where the Mists decides to pay a visit to material reality.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:Domain of Anguish / Realm of Torment would be Kormir's realm now. Mallyx is long dead, but after the events of Path of Fire, demons from the Mists did begin invading the gods' afterlife realms in full force. For a while, even Kormir's Sanctum was under threat (though now, as of episode 4, it isn't as it's now a refuge for souls fleeing Kralkatorrik).

It would be interesting, given current events, to fight some branded demons in the Realm of Torment or Fissure of Woe. But if I had to chose between the two, even knowing it'd likely get the same level of sad treatment Dhuum, Lazarus, and Joko's ending got, I'd rather us find out kitten happened to Menzies over some random demons in the Realm of Torment.

And the UW was Grenth's realm. Still Dhuum went there and messed it up. Because Grenth is gone. So is Kormir. Wouldn't that mean Realm of torment could be messed up by someone else as well?

@Clyan.1593 said:

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:Domain of Anguish / Realm of Torment would be Kormir's realm now. Mallyx is long dead, but after the events of Path of Fire, demons from the Mists did begin invading the gods' afterlife realms in full force. For a while, even Kormir's Sanctum was under threat (though now, as of episode 4, it isn't as it's now a refuge for souls fleeing Kralkatorrik).

It would be interesting, given current events, to fight some branded demons in the Realm of Torment or Fissure of Woe. But if I had to chose between the two, even knowing it'd likely get the same level of sad treatment Dhuum, Lazarus, and Joko's ending got, I'd rather us find out kitten happened to Menzies over some random demons in the Realm of Torment.

And the UW was Grenth's realm. Still Dhuum went there and messed it up. Because Grenth is gone. So is Kormir. Wouldn't that mean Realm of torment could be messed up by someone else as well?

Sure, but not by someone who's dead, like Mallyx. All the big wigs in the Mists are dead now, they'd have to make up a brand new enemy for any raid, or have it be a remnant of Menzies' army. And honestly, a raid that delves into the lore of what happened to Menzies to allow Balthazar to grow bored with no conflict enough to entice a battle with the Elder Dragons would be far more interesting to me than some nobody showing up out of nowhere, IMO.

Unless they were to use the Harbinger of Woe or something.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Sure, but not by someone who's dead, like Mallyx. All the big wigs in the Mists are dead now, they'd have to make up a brand new enemy for any raid, or have it be a remnant of Menzies' army. And honestly, a raid that delves into the lore of what happened to Menzies to allow Balthazar to grow bored with no conflict enough to entice a battle with the Elder Dragons would be far more interesting to me than some nobody showing up out of nowhere, IMO.

Unless they were to use the Harbinger of Woe or something.

Doesn't have to be Mallyx. As you say he's dead. I'm just asking on the technical aspect. Since Kormir is gone and noone is watching those places, I find it likely something is going to happen. At least - the realm of torment seemed like the equivalent of our "Hell" in the GW2 universe. Someone or something must have interest in it ^^

@"Clyan.1593" said:Doesn't have to be Mallyx. As you say he's dead. I'm just asking on the technical aspect. Since Kormir is gone and noone is watching those places, I find it likely something is going to happen. At least - the realm of torment seemed like the equivalent of our "Hell" in the GW2 universe. Someone or something must have interest in it ^^

We could go anywhere for a brand new threat coming out of the woodworks. Realm of Torment not excluded.

But what's more interesting: building upon established lore, or creating new lore that has zero relation to established lore other than location, if that?

I generally say the former, since it is a chance to make the world feel more realistic. But that's me.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@"Clyan.1593" said:Doesn't have to be Mallyx. As you say he's dead. I'm just asking on the technical aspect. Since Kormir is gone and noone is watching those places, I find it likely something is going to happen. At least - the realm of torment seemed like the equivalent of our "Hell" in the GW2 universe. Someone or something must have interest in it ^^

We could go anywhere for a brand new threat coming out of the woodworks. Realm of Torment not excluded.

But what's more interesting: building upon established lore, or creating new lore that has zero relation to established lore other than location, if that?

I generally say the former, since it is a chance to make the world feel more realistic. But that's me.

Agreed but with how they handled Dhuum, I'd be concerned. :(

Archived