Revert Lead Attacks Changes

Vallun.2071

I just think the nerf should have removed the outside combat lead attack stacking, and Nothing else. The duration removal seems more cruel than anything. It diminishes options to use your utility skills in succession, particularly for Daredevil, who have longer animation on some of their Physical skills. I often found out that I could never completely finish the full First furry or impact strike combo with the full 15 lead attack stack, which kind of defeat the purpose of having the trait.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Elxdark.9702 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:lol. this change was good. stacking dmg modifiers outside of combat is dumb, it encourages one shot builds.

Did they make the same change to Maul?

do ranger one shots have anything to do with teef one shots?

can you tell me when was the last time a thief one shot you?We are talking about PvP not WvW and we're talking about THIEF no Deadeye.

Two days ago. 19k vault.

we are close to 2019 and people still getting one shot by the most telegraphed skill in the game?anyways 19k is not possible unless the thief is running critical strikes deadly arts daredevil with zerk amulet AND you have to be below 50%, it is still hard to achieve that damage in a normal ranked game.

There's no reason to approve this change unless you hate thief which seems to be the perfect excuse to say " yeah mang it's a good nerf cuz thief can one shot from stealth duuuhh"

All you need to do is activate assassins signet. Like in wvw you see 25k vaults against ppl with 2,5k armor

Again I'm not talking about WvW, in PVP (ranked and ATs) I haven't seen any thief one shotting someone from full hp, we can talk all day of how broken WvW is but PvP is not even close to that and shouldn't be affected by changes needed for WvW.

I've been one shot by a full Yolo vault thief in SPvP on a carrion amulet Mirage. It's not an effective build but it's possible.

@Vallun.2071 said:

@Kuya.6495 said:I have to admit, this is pretty lol that the OP's main got nerfed after making a balance suggestion thread.

i asked for my main to be nerfed, i just asked for it to be nerfed in an intelligent way. the nerfs arent the problem the playstyle change is... it makes very trash thieves not punished and good thieves punished

Out of everything said in the OP statement, this sums it all up right here ^

The changes to lead attacks is counterintuitive to good Thief play and it should be reverted.

@Mathias.9657 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:While a true 1-shot is rare, thieves have been alpha'ing people for 60%+ of their total health pretty much since the game launched. I think shifting thief away from gank gimmicks is healthy for the game.

So you rather the perma evade gimmicks? I much prefer the assassination style tactics and being squishy. Evade is the only viable way to make thief survivable in a fight since ANet refuse to give them any defense other than LOLDODGE. Thief should do big damage.. period. Its their archetype, or at least is supposed to be. Too bad is now exclusive DE and even that was nerfed.

The other specs already did no damage. What is a thief good for anymore?

The irony is that Thieves aren't even the problem child in the game when it comes to unhealthy amounts of burst.

i started to watch the op's video about the changes to lead attack and dj, and as soon as he said thief has no unblockable attacks i stopped watching. just because now if u want to do those types of attacks you need basilisk venon and cannot take a remove reveal stealth skill puts this on a good level for what you want to beable to do. As for lead attack changes, if you need lead attack to be viable then maybe your not that good a thief as you thought. 5 years playing thief and you say thief has no unblockable attacks!!!! come on vallun get with it.

Archived