Whats more worth to play Guardian or Revenant

Jarid.4952

Hey there, i'm allready playing Mesmer and Thief mainly, now i wanted a third asset to my team. But i'm really having a hard time between Rev and Guardian.While I enjoy rev more, i miss the weapon diversity with Guardian + i really want to play Power and i think Rev Power is niche - but with Rev i really enjoy the utility skills & Legend swap.

wanting to play PVE and PVP, are they far apart?

I think both are worth playing and there is no reason why you can't run both and play them when you want them. It's really a subjective thing as while you can list the pros and cons of each the actual worth of them is related to the person. People play Scrapper and Core Engineer despite the fact that Holosmith is meta because they put more value in those two as opposed to the pure pros of Holosmith.

Same applies here.

In PvP I think you can play both as power with succes, but take this with a grain of salt, as I dont PvP alot.

In PvE it depends on what kind of PvE you are talking about, open world. Both will be super good as power.In more org PvE, raids and fractals. Guard is a strong power class, but rev is normally played as condi. It can work as power, but is less good.

Generally however it is more about what you enjoy to play and become good at. And lastly, get 1 (or 2) of each, gw2 is a good alt game ^^

Rev is limited to a single build in both PvP and roaming (power Herald), with no changes in 3 years. Guardian allows you to effectively play either core, DH or FB specializations in those game modes, and can work as power or hybrid. Guardians can also perform multiple roles in Conquest, from bunkers/support to several degrees of bruisers, while Revs are only +1. Chose what you want, but from the point of view of variety Revenants are WAY more rigid and limited than Guardians.

@Jarid.4952 said:Thats my problem, while i enjoy Rev more by a mile, I know that my spec is limited and far less needed in the game modes. I'm scared that if I pick Rev I will get bored someday. While that I just can change from DH to Firebrand sup.

Most people end up having several lvl 80 and geared characters after a while. If you get bored someday you can just make a new character with another class.

@"Scar.1793" said:Guardians are slow tbh. At least rev gets some teleports and other interesting mechanics. Best thing to do is test both classes in PvP hub and make your own opinion.

Apples and oranges.

Bonus hint : Rev rocks.

Judge's Intervention and Symbol of Blades say "hi". Plus, that "interesting mechanics" made me laught: looking at the functions in the F skills from both classes and their specs makes very evident which one was hurried to be released with the expansion. The Revenant is "walking identity crisis", because core Rev was never anything at the game, Herald was supposed to be a boon duration buffer (which now barely enhances the duration of boons) and the Renegade lacks value in 2 of the 3 game modes.

@Buran.3796 said:

@"Scar.1793" said:Guardians are slow tbh. At least rev gets some teleports and other interesting mechanics. Best thing to do is test both classes in PvP hub and make your own opinion.

Apples and oranges.

Bonus hint : Rev rocks.

Judge's Intervention and Symbol of Blades say "hi". Plus, that "interesting mechanics" made me laught: looking at the functions in the F skills from both classes and their specs makes very evident which one was hurried to be released with the expansion. The Revenant is "walking identity crisis", because core Rev was never anything at the game, Herald was supposed to be a boon duration buffer (which now barely enhances the duration of boons) and the Renegade lacks value in 2 of the 3 game modes.

I’m talking about skills mechanisms. Not everything is about elite specs.Everybody and their mamas know Renegade was and still is poorly designed, I wasn’t talking about it. There’s not really an identity crisis since Rev was always designed around Herald, Renegade is bad except in PvE for condi builds. Nobody plays core Rev, but it’s the same for quite a lot of classes if you do high level endgame content. All builds used are combined with Elite specs as they give way too much advantages compared to non elite builds.

Phase Traversal + Deathstrike switch to hammer combo can help to catch up a thief with shortbow or someone quite far away. During all the time I farmed WvW to get Warbringer I have not even once seen a guardian do that. Mostly because using Judge’s intervention takes a utility slot instead of a skill that could have been better in more situations. Also that skill has a 45 sec cd, while PT has 5sec. Hence why I talked about Revenants having a better mobility if you know how to use your skills and manage your resources. Especially in PvP or WvW where the majority use Shiro and swords.

Not even making mention of Impossible Odds which gives superspeed on demand which is amazing while in combat.

@Jarid.4952 said:Thats my problem, while i enjoy Rev more by a mile, I know that my spec is limited and far less needed in the game modes. I'm scared that if I pick Rev I will get bored someday. While that I just can change from DH to Firebrand sup.

Every class is pigeonholed into taking specific skills and talents, warriors have banners etc. Depends on the game mode but almost everybody take the same stuff and weapons. For open world anything works, could almost do it naked tbh lol.

Archived