Could Bloodstones replaces elder dragons

Laila Lightness.8742

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:Would it work since bloodstones can contain magic so could we put all excess magic there instead what is your thought about this?

You can extend this to the gods. Replaced by Bloodstones. And if actual races lack the magic skills of the Seers to craft such bloodstones, we can ask the Asura and the Chars to craft some. Techno-Bloodstones.

I'm not sure, if that'd work. Bloodstones store magic and are quite volatile when they finally give in. Elder dragons seem to actually use that magic, taking it out of the system like the trading post tax effectively takes gold out of circulation. If you put more and more magic into containers, you might end up delaying the problem, like a lazy housekeeper brushing unwanted dust under the carpet, until there's a small heap of dust. An elder dragon would eat the dust and its droppings go outside.

Since it was mentioned many times by now that we need a replacement that SHARES magic rather than hoard it like a Bloodstone would I find this very unlikely. Plus it might not be that much safer considering it's a nuke waiting to go off at any point if anybody tampers with them.

I don't think it's just about storing magic, but about balancing it somehow. They've been a little vague on specifics, but we know there are different "wavelengths" of raw magic, or whatever. I think it's important for Tyria that their levels are kept in the right proportion or else... in D&D terms, Tyria would stop being Prime Material and start looking more like an elemental plane. It also seems like it's harder (not impossible) for the same entity to manage multiple types of magic, especially opposing types like Dry/Wet (K & S) or Hot/Cold (P & J) or Growth/Decay (M & Z).

I think the situation is such that it requires 6 sapient beings who can be thoughtful about how they acquire and distribute magic, rather than mindless objects that just suck it up.

@"Laila Lightness.8742" said:Would it work since bloodstones can contain magic so could we put all excess magic there instead what is your thought about this?

No. The problem with killing the Elder Dragons is two-fold.

Firstly, we have the magic issue. This can indeed be solved by putting it into another container, like Bloodstones.

But secondly, we have the balance of The All. This requires actual Elder Dragons / beings that can connect to the All. And so far, we've only been suggested that dragons can fill this role.

The gods could not, otherwise them winning against the Elder Dragons wouldn't cause its destruction. Bloodstones cannot, otherwise the Six could make another (yes, the Seers made the original unlike gw1 lore, but the Seers did so using "divine resources" per HoT, so it stands to reason the Six, who were able to manipulate and safely split the Bloodstone, could make new ones).

It's possible any dragon minion can rise to replace an Elder Dragon. But so far, the only confirmed candidates for replacing an Elder Dragon have been Glint, Vlast, Aurene, and Tequatl. All actual dragons on top of being dragon champions.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@"Laila Lightness.8742" said:Would it work since bloodstones can contain magic so could we put all excess magic there instead what is your thought about this?

No. The problem with killing the Elder Dragons is two-fold.

Firstly, we have the magic issue. This can indeed be solved by putting it into another container, like Bloodstones.

But secondly, we have the balance of The All. This requires actual Elder Dragons / beings that can connect to the All. And so far, we've only been suggested that dragons can fill this role.

The gods could not, otherwise them winning against the Elder Dragons wouldn't cause its destruction. Bloodstones cannot, otherwise the Six could make another (yes, the Seers made the original unlike gw1 lore, but the Seers did so using "divine resources" per HoT, so it stands to reason the Six, who were able to manipulate and safely split the Bloodstone, could make new ones).

It's possible any dragon minion can rise to replace an Elder Dragon. But so far, the only confirmed candidates for replacing an Elder Dragon have been Glint, Vlast, Aurene, and Tequatl. All actual dragons on top of being dragon champions.

I think reason gods cant is due its very 1 aided with their relatio to magic

Archived