Changes to Istan Meta Farming (Discussion)

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Voltekka.2375" said:And, as was the case with Tarir nerf, people will love on to the next farmspot. Lastly, check Lasiurus daily gold farm guide in this forum. He makes big amounts of gold by doing many different things. Maybe thats what Anet is trying to encourage. Have fun!

And what "next farmspot" will it be? I got 5 gold from last SW farm (I don't have 40-60 lvl toon for bags opening). And Lazarius actually lists the very same Istan & SW, alongside with T4 fractals and sPvP content, wich are quite a struggle for an average/new player. And making world completion for crafting legendary is funny idea, as it'll bring gold after months of work... and also IS grindy as hell.I can't see any fun in loosing an opportunity to make gold in OW, doing huge events with lots of people. And there is no comparable way to earn money for newbie players or players with limited playtime.

@fixit.7189 said:People who farm istan and SW are making pennies to the dollar compared to real life wages. what is it, 40-80 hours of grinding in game vs 1 hour working in a decent job? it's kinda lame grinders have to resort to these sorts of farms in the first place.Maybe they want to get some nice things ingame instead of paying dollars for ingame content.

@"Voltekka.2375" said:

Well, if one-two hours is all you got, Istan is more lucrative for you since they buffed - According to patchnotes- the rewards for one meta per day. But this isnt really about people doing Istan for one hour, I believe. And you do realise you dont HAVE to get all New weapons. Make em at your own pace, much like stellar weapons. Speaking of Stellar weapons, how many have you got already?If you have 2 hours per day, you can already do limited stuff (including legendaries, which may take you up to a year to make). And the legendary should be the least of your concerns.Personally, I need one hour for metas plus hearts. You learn how to do the hearts efficiently, thus saving time. And after the first few times, you dont really listen to the dialogues anymore. Unless you absolutely need to listen to the same lines every day, for more than 2 months.I think you are exaggerating about the new map grind. I can also understand many people had their most lucrative farm taken away (and i also believe Anet has more data regarding play time on Istan). And, as was the case with Tarir nerf, people will love on to the next farmspot. Lastly, check Lasiurus daily gold farm guide in this forum. He makes big amounts of gold by doing many different things. Maybe thats what Anet is trying to encourage. Have fun!

Well, I keep my opinion - the change in Istan is generated by the ANet desire to cut the rewards and not by the worry that the players will play the same content. The example with the Dragonblood weapons supports my point - in this case ANet is not worried about the players doing the same content over and over. And I also brought argument why in my case 2 hours in Istan OR 2 hours in Thunderhead means my entire daily play-cycle. But in Istan case is not allowed, while for Thunderhead is (almost) forced.

I appreciate your suggestion (and I admit that 2 hours in Istan means more gold than 2 hours in Thunderhead) but I know for sure I cannot complete the Dragonsblood weapons collection by playing Istan. The problem with "make the weapons at your own pace" is that you need for them to complete two meta events several days. You cannot solo the events. So, your statement is not entirely correct. Can you guarantee that in 5 or 6 months you will find enough players doing these events? Look at the Serpent Ire event. And imagine you must do it 200 times. Once per day.

I don't think I need Lasiurus guide. Because I don't complain here I cannot make gold. My complain was about how ANet handles two almost identical situation in two different ways. Based only on the reward and NOT on the desire to promote a healthy game play. Because, although they stated they do not support the grind, the grind is forced for Thunderhead. They don't even deny you the possibility to grind in Istan. But this time being without rewards, is not a problem anymore.

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

@"Voltekka.2375" said:

Well, if one-two hours is all you got, Istan is more lucrative for you since they buffed - According to patchnotes- the rewards for one meta per day. But this isnt really about people doing Istan for one hour, I believe. And you do realise you dont HAVE to get all New weapons. Make em at your own pace, much like stellar weapons. Speaking of Stellar weapons, how many have you got already?If you have 2 hours per day, you can already do limited stuff (including legendaries, which may take you up to a year to make). And the legendary should be the least of your concerns.Personally, I need one hour for metas plus hearts. You learn how to do the hearts efficiently, thus saving time. And after the first few times, you dont really listen to the dialogues anymore. Unless you absolutely need to listen to the same lines every day, for more than 2 months.I think you are exaggerating about the new map grind. I can also understand many people had their most lucrative farm taken away (and i also believe Anet has more data regarding play time on Istan). And, as was the case with Tarir nerf, people will love on to the next farmspot. Lastly, check Lasiurus daily gold farm guide in this forum. He makes big amounts of gold by doing many different things. Maybe thats what Anet is trying to encourage. Have fun!

Well, I keep my opinion - the change in Istan is generated by the ANet desire to cut the rewards and not by the worry that the players will play the same content. The example with the Dragonblood weapons supports my point - in this case ANet is not worried about the players doing the same content over and over. And I also brought argument why in my case 2 hours in Istan OR 2 hours in Thunderhead means my entire daily play-cycle. But in Istan case is not allowed, while for Thunderhead is (almost) forced.

I appreciate your suggestion (and I admit that 2 hours in Istan means more gold than 2 hours in Thunderhead) but I know for sure I cannot complete the Dragonsblood weapons collection by playing Istan. The problem with "make the weapons at your own pace" is that you need for them to complete
two
meta events several days. You cannot solo the events. So, your statement is not entirely correct. Can you guarantee that in 5 or 6 months you will find enough players doing these events? Look at the Serpent Ire event. And imagine you must do it 200 times. Once per day.

I don't think I need Lasiurus guide. Because I don't complain here I cannot make gold. My complain was about how ANet handles two almost identical situation in two different ways. Based only on the reward and
NOT
on the desire to promote a healthy game play. Because, although they stated they do not support the grind, the grind is forced for Thunderhead. They don't even deny you the possibility to grind in Istan. But this time being without rewards, is not a problem anymore.

Not anymore 2 hours in thunderhead is probly morr rewarding than 2h of istani since you can finish both metas in sbout 25mins (before also now since nerf istani is not worth it you make more gold doing riba than istani

• 2 months later...

They completely overlooked the stellar/astral weapons (500 kralkatite for a single weapon). I want them (astronomy student here), but only recently found out about them.

As for the buff to loot, I got around 20 kralkatite for Palawadan, which I can now only do once a day. I mean, are you kidding me? I did not make time for Istan farms previously, which I now deeply regret.

Please fix this. I love your game, but this is annoying. Either substantially buff rewards for that one run, reduce the crafting cost, or reverse the change. If it being too profitable is an issue, apparantly you can buff rewards per run, which means you can also nerf them.

Archived