Invis, Invuln, Evade, Reflect, Block, Teleport, Stealth and more in one class!

Straegen.2938

@EpicTurtle.8571 said:Do you really think I wasn't counting weapon evades? Out of courtesy I didn't list the litany of them accessible to Thief and Ranger. Hell if they weren't in such a pitiable state I'd say Weaver too.

The staff trait does not provide Aegis it provides Protection. And as lincolnbeard said, Chaos Storm is RNG, please rely on it every time to always get Aegis precisely when you need it and tell me how great that works out for you.

10% invulnerability uptime is assuming a perfect world scenario where the Mesmer is always put into a situation where they have 3 clones up every single time they Distort, it's unrealistic.

My point about teleports was that Mesmers have one (and a half counting Jaunt) controllable teleport that can be used for chasing or disengaging, the rest of it fall under either RNG (IA), not a skill worth using (Mirage Advance), or puts you into combat (every other teleport).

It's funny you say when Mirage dodges they can stealth and reset when that's literally something a DE can do on dodge.

What part about my post said Mirage is not overtuned? Mirage needs its condition application toned down quite a bit and to have either Torment or Confusion, not both and to not be able to use MC while stunned (although I have my own theory as to why that may not be possible). Otherwise almost everything the OP has complained about has been in the game for a very long time on core Mesmer.

DE with stealth on dodge is another abomination that needs rework

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding weapon evades - I recall once being whispered for hacking playing a troll melee ranger in pvp (was some years ago) by a thief, because "no way you can have so many evades".

Mesmer's only really got sword 2 and axe 3 as weapon evades, both of which are on reasonable cooldowns (I don't count offhand sword 4 or scepter 2 because they have that awful clunky block first).

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@Safandula.8723 said:Yea, being unable to evade backward, without ABOUT FACE is a fair trade for 1s evade ^^ and mirage rly need that evade distance, becouse mobility on this class is so bad.

Alright let's change dd dash to only 150 units and see how good it feels, since you know thief mobility is so bad.

If u give thief half of Mesmer tools to deal and mitigate dmg I'll be fine with that :p

@Safandula.8723 said:

@Safandula.8723 said:Yea, being unable to evade backward, without ABOUT FACE is a fair trade for 1s evade ^^ and mirage rly need that evade distance, becouse mobility on this class is so bad.

Alright let's change dd dash to only 150 units and see how good it feels, since you know thief mobility is so bad.

If u give thief half of Mesmer tools to deal and mitigate dmg I'll be fine with that :p

Can we trade those for perma stealth too?

@Solori.6025 said:

Next time ppl are comparing dumb classes to another dumb classes. DE also needs rework

@Safandula.8723 said:

Next time ppl are comparing dumb classes to another dumb classes. DE also needs rework

So is that a yes to the trade or........

@Safandula.8723 said:

Thief has more then enough tools, s/d has ridiculous high evade uptime, gap opener and closer on demand and condi cleanse access on demand . D/p dd has stealth on demand, immunity to soft cc, ridiculous high evade uptime, rupt on demand, ridiculous mobility. DE well no need to talk about these.

My Guardian has all the things listed in the OP's title but instead of stealth it has massive healing. Actually, I remember running trapper runes on my Dragonhunter set meaning I DID have stealth as well.

If you multi-class, you tend to have a better understanding of how every class has varying combinations of defence for damage mitigation. Necro is the only class that doesn't because it's designed to be a damage sponge.

Archived