Invis, Invuln, Evade, Reflect, Block, Teleport, Stealth and more in one class!

Straegen.2938

@Durzlla.6295 said:

@Straegen.2938 said:Most of us have fought it. No build should be able to effectively spam it all yet it exists. Please nerf the face roll Mirage builds.

Ranger and thief also have all of these things, and the only thing guardians, Warriors, and rev are missing is stealth.

So maybe, just maybe, those aren’t what’s making you die to Mirage.You missed the engie and the ele.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I play full zerk mirage while roaming in wvw, I play power staff, zero condi stats and still each day i receive lot of whispers who call me condi trash noob.

People have so damn poor knowledge of the game they can't distinguish a power from condi build, then they come to forum to cry.

Just learn to play please.

I feel like the stigma in regards to Mirage comes from the Axe weapon, which offers evades every 8 seconds.

Nevertheless, the main thing about Mirage is their ability to dodge while stunned, which stems from being able to dodge while casting skills, however I think in terms of self sustainability it's simply too powerful.

@"Abelisk.4527" said:I feel like the stigma in regards to Mirage comes from the Axe weapon, which offers evades every 8 seconds.

So.After spending my afternoon completing a spread sheet of class access to defensive skills.Mesmer doesn't have anything out of the ordinary for evasion skills or CD times.MINUS the trait https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Desert_Distortion

Literally everything that the Mirage can do other classes can do also, and some do it better.It now has low vigor up-time thanks to the nerfs to vigor in both trait lines.It has comparable, slightly better invuln time ONLY when 3 clones are shattered when compared to other skills of the same utility, and is significantly worse when it isn'tIt has similar evasion access compared to other classes ( specifically ranger or Holo) yet worse to thief when not taking desert distortion.With it you have an added 3 seconds of evasion IF you get to the mirrors.It has decent stealth access but worse when compared to thief.Per singular usage of stealth ( a 1 to 1 comparison or assuming you only use one stealth tool in a utility) it is comparable or worse.Contrary to popular misinformed believe the stealth up-time, when comparing singular skills, a Mesmer achieves is worse than 2 classes (specializations) that have access to it.There are also no direct endurance gains for mesmer.

That being said some things are over-tuned.Condition output for mirage specifically is higher than other classes except scourge which performs on a similar level of output to mirage.The block on scepter which was buffed is the shortest CD block in the game IIRC with the highest damage punishmentuntil Anet actually addresses the condition rate and output of mirage the class as a whole will suffer.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:Most mirages think they are not OP because they still getting curb stomped by a more OP soulbeast.

All these overtuned Mirage soulbeast and deadeye with DPS mobility and stealth power creeps all rolled into one should get the nerf bat.

I'm not even kidding, it's literally a circle of finger-pointing at this point. All of my posts about soulbeast were deleted and the ranger community insists it's weak. Much of the mesmer community insists it's fine, and I doubt ANet will fix the class because the problem is simply the sheer fact Mirage Cloak exists as a whole.Nobody will admit dodge food is further breaking both mirage and DE and helps holo way too much as far as not needing to manage resources.

I know I've definitely hit my breaking point. I just play these classes or don't play at all anymore. There's literally no sense in playing anything else because the game's not even fun if you do.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Straegen.2938 said:Most of us have fought it. No build should be able to effectively spam it all yet it exists. Please nerf the face roll Mirage builds.

Ranger and thief also have all of these things, and the only thing guardians, Warriors, and rev are missing is stealth.

So maybe, just maybe, those aren’t what’s making you die to Mirage.You missed the engie and the ele.

Damn you’re right, engi even has stealth unless that’s been removed.

Because if you can't beat it, Nerf it!

Mesmer is not a faceroll class and if you bothered to even play it you would know that it takes a lot of skill to win versus a competent opponent. Don't come crying to the forums just because you lost.

@Colly.4073 said:

Mesmer is not a faceroll class and if you bothered to even play it you would know that it takes a lot of skill to win versus a competent opponent. Don't come crying to the forums just because you lost.This matchup I've been fighting a holo that I
cannot
beat 1v1 on my hybrid mirage. Perma protection, tons of heals, tons of blocks, tons of damage, boons up the wazoo, he outsustains me until I have nothing left and then he kills me.

Nevermind the fact I normally blow holos up, nevermind the fact he's one of the best holos I've fought, nerf holo NAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Mesmer is not a faceroll class and if you bothered to even play it you would know that it takes a lot of skill to win versus a competent opponent. Don't come crying to the forums just because you lost.This matchup I've been fighting a holo that I
cannot
beat 1v1 on my hybrid mirage. Perma protection, tons of heals, tons of blocks, tons of damage, boons up the wazoo, he outsustains me until I have nothing left and then he kills me.

Nevermind the fact I normally blow holos up, nevermind the fact he's one of the best holos I've fought,
nerf holo NAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!

Been there ;)

@DeceiverX.8361 said:Much of the mesmer community insists it's fine, and I doubt ANet will fix the class because the problem is simply the sheer fact Mirage Cloak exists as a whole.

Actually most of the mesmer community always have pointed out what needs to get shaved. In fact is one of the few if not the only profession whose players will tell you right away that it needs nerfing.The problem is that people have no clue about mesmer and basically wants to nerf everything other than the real problem, has been doing it since day one and look how it when.First the problem was confusion ticking, then it was EM (this was right), then it was vigor uptime, then torch burning, then BF, then CS, then portal.The problem now is IH, clone spamming and MC.

Apart from this there are those who insist on post the hatespewing kittengeous video everytime they get a chance, who says mesmer problem is every single skill.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@DeceiverX.8361 said:Much of the mesmer community insists it's fine, and I doubt ANet will fix the class because the problem is simply the sheer fact Mirage Cloak exists as a whole.

Actually most of the mesmer community always have pointed out what needs to get shaved. In fact is one of the few if not the only profession whose players will tell you right away that it needs nerfing.The problem is that people have no clue about mesmer and basically wants to nerf everything other than the real problem, has been doing it since day one and look how it when.First the problem was confusion ticking, then it was EM (this was right), then it was vigor uptime, then torch burning, then BF, then CS, then portal.The problem now is IH, clone spamming and MC.

Apart from this there are those who insist on post the hatespewing kittengeous video everytime they get a chance, who says mesmer problem is every single skill.

This is exactly my point.

Confusion DoT was a problem, and it never should have been changed to a DoT in the first place, because it originally also wasn't and the only reason they did (and made the coefficient on it so absurd) was for PvE bosses because they have horrendously low attack speeds. Because you guessed it, people whined about their PVE DPS.Hell, a bunch of old vanilla-game condi cleanses still don't remove confusion (and many more didn't and were updated to do so over a span of years) because it was designed to punish skill casts and nothing else. The DoT was also some of the best condition damage in the game regardless of skill activation or not. It makes no sense to claim it wasn't a problem.

The problem with Mirage is and was the sheer existence of Mirage Cloak being able to prevent punishment to the mesmer retroactively after being hit by things, making the class literally immune to combos and necessary burst rotations because of it. And its extended evades, which thanks to vigor give the mirage the same dodge uptime as Acrobatics thief. Dodge food makes it rival Daredevil's dodge uptime. I've already done out the math before in this subsection with people insisting nerfs to EM would solve the problem. They didn't. ShockedPikachu.png

MC is the problem. The class will always be broken so long as it exists, unless they gut what the mirage is otherwise able to do so much that it's not worth running over chrono or core for anything but a mobility bot.

@enkidu.5937 said:

@"displayname.8315" said:WvW is designed an advertised to be "massive battles". If you choose to forsake your server and go it alone can't really complain about balance in a made-up player created meta-mode.

Go play a few matches of PvP, you might get bored quick but you'll get your fix.Not really. Wiki:
"WvW is designed to accommodate players that would not normally participate in PvP. For instance, the high player limit means that a new player can get involved without immediately feeling pressured to contribute. In addition,
objectives are available for a variety of group sizes
, so players don't need to be members of dedicated guilds in order to be productive."
There's also a chapter for solo and small scale roaming.

EDIT: should have red that chapter before posting, since there's nothing said about balanced fights :o :s

The logic when you read it intends new players to not participate. The reason being that the map cap is so high. I really don't think we should ask for WvW to be balanced with non-participation in mind.

New players should indeed get a pass on all mistakes and failures.. but not us.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

This is exactly my point.

Confusion DoT was a problem, and it never should have been changed to a DoT in the first place, because it originally also wasn't and the only reason they did (and made the coefficient on it so absurd) was for PvE bosses because they have horrendously low attack speeds. Because you guessed it, people whined about their PVE DPS.Hell, a bunch of old vanilla-game condi cleanses still don't remove confusion (and many more didn't and were updated to do so over a span of years) because it was designed to punish skill casts and nothing else. The DoT was also some of the best condition damage in the game regardless of skill activation or not. It makes no sense to claim it wasn't a problem.

The problem with Mirage is and was the sheer existence of Mirage Cloak being able to prevent punishment to the mesmer retroactively after being hit by things, making the class literally immune to combos and necessary burst rotations because of it. And its extended evades, which thanks to vigor give the mirage the same dodge uptime as Acrobatics thief. Dodge food makes it rival Daredevil's dodge uptime. I've already done out the math before in this subsection with people insisting nerfs to EM would solve the problem. They didn't. ShockedPikachu.png

MC is the problem. The class will always be broken so long as it exists, unless they gut what the mirage is otherwise able to do so much that it's not worth running over chrono or core for anything but a mobility bot.

Confusion was fine at release I agree, but this recent change was not a revert, was a double nerf, damage isn't as high as it was at release and the times were all cut down.And guess what people still want confusion nerfed more.

MC has extended dodge time so you can walk the same distance as a dodge. And you still only do so forward. See those backward dodges you do to create distance, mirages can't do that.Vigor was nerfed hard both on duel and mirage, vigor uptime is nowhere near acro thief dodge uptime.The only change mc needs it's to not be usable while stunned.People in this thread were against EM long before pof released. Suggestions were made to turn EM into a non broken still good trait, fast forward EM is the only trait on gw2 that got smiter's booned treatment, which is not bad on itself, I'm all in favor of gutting to oblivion op stuff, but since ANet was warned and provided solutions by mesmers themselves, it's kind of unfair.

To sum it up mc needs not to be usable while stunned, sustain damage or burst damage one of the two needs to go.Ih needs to get baseline to be easier to balance, then they can nerf ambushes appropriately.Scepter needs a shave, evasive mirror needs a short icd.And of course lots of stuff that was not a problem reverted.

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:Most mirages think they are not OP because they still getting curb stomped by a more OP soulbeast.

All these overtuned Mirage soulbeast and deadeye with DPS mobility and stealth power creeps all rolled into one should get the nerf bat.

If ppl wouldn't complain about D/P DD, DeadEye wouldn'y be so OP.. i did switch to R-D/P deadeye, tired of get owned by other builds... recently even full counter get nerfed a bit and it's a bit easier to take some SB down.. but same with SB, invul, invi, eternal boons.. super buff, capable of dual attack, 1500 range...Mirage is not so hard to take down with DD D/p but still formidable, cus it have more stealth than core and DD thief, more range, and same or even superior mobility while in combat (invul, invi, blinks, etc.. etc..)

Now it's true that a good player could take down almost everything, but, i bet we're not amongst those 5-10% of "elite ppl".. so tired of run almost the whole EBmap i think it's better to secure my targets, switch to berserkers, go into stealth, finish the job and run away..

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@Paradox.2018 said:Mirage is not so hard to take down with DD D/p but still formidable, cus it have more stealth than core and DD thief, more range, and same or even superior mobility while in combat (invul, invi, blinks, etc.. etc..)

Care to tell me how mirage has more stealth and mobility than dd? Thanks in advance.

It doesn’t. It has great mobility and decent stealth but infiltrator arrow and shadow step alone makes thief more mobile

@Kovu.7560 said:

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:Most mirages think they are not OP because they still getting curb stomped by a more OP soulbeast.

Huh.

@"Thread" said:Invis,
Invuln, Evade, Reflect, Block
, Teleport, Stealth

The high uptime on the bolded makes it difficult, for even soulbeast.

~ Kovu

The mirages defending their OPness in the PvP forums think otherwise though.One of their claims to their non-OPness is because boonbeasts counter them.But they don't realize that it doesn't mean they are not OP just because there is a build/class that can defeat them.Mirages are still overtuned. Like Deadeyes and Soulbeasts are overtuned.

Cool. Good for them. I wish I could invest in enough unblockable attacks on my soulbeast to get around their block & reflect uptime, to say nothing of their evasion & invulnerability frames. Give soulbeast 2 seconds of unblockable on
dodge
and allow them to rapid fire or maul while dodging, then we'll talk. I sometimes do 1 pvp match for the daily chests. In case a pvp-only reward track I care about comes out down the road. My match yesterday was mirage, mirage, soulbeast, holo, guardian vs. a mirror'd comp. It was visual cancer. Mirages are clearly a far cry from obsolete, as some people are crying in that thread.People complain about passive defenses which is totally fair, though there
is
such a thing as too many active defenses. Mirages cross that line. By quite a bit.

Boonbeast needs to get toned down (namely the boon recycling traits) -- it doesn't hardcounter mirage. It's certainly capable of deleting chronos and core mesmers, but the latter isn't really a fair comparison. I don't keep up with the pvp meta, but I did catch this image dropped in that thread. I can't speak to the context or accuracy, but its something to think about.

edit- To be fair this is all a subjective opinion from a ranger main. I actually have more difficulty fighting warriors and holosmiths due to their general tankiness, CC and ability to still put out heavy damage with tankier stats. Mirages are a clean #3 though.

bmQ7gLn.jpg

In this same AT Flandre, who mains Mesmers, abandoned it for the AT to faceroll on Boonbeast an won vs all the teams that brought Condition Mirage that he went up against with very little experience with the build at all. (Pay no attention to my goofballing in that thread)

For Ranked, on NA Boonbeast mains were number 1,2,3, 4 and 10 of the top 10. . I know 9 was a deadeye. I don't think 5,6,7, and 8 were Mirages either but I'm not 100%.

@EpicTurtle.8571 said:Cool I love taking these stupid threads down a peg.

Invis/Stealth: These are the same thing and Mesmer, still, only has access to about 8 seconds of usable stealth.

Only 8s of stealth that is instacasted

Block: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha did Mesmer suddenly get more than their two counterattack blocks that only work one attack? Don't forget the extra evades you think Mirage has preclude the one block with a huge cooleown Chrono gets.

Aegis spam from chaos storm, from staff and trait(sadly 80% mirage in pvp use this)

Invuln: wow, a solid 1 to 4 seconds every 40ish seconds, so OP though.

10% uptime of invulnerability, while I can free cast, hmm

Evade: Two dodges like everyone else and maybe one or two more from utilities although chances are it's probably just Illusionary Ambush. If you actually look at available evade uptime, Ranger and Thief both beat Mesmer. Also the lowest vigor uptime next to Necro.U forgot to mention evades from weapon skills

Teleport: I truly don't understand yours or anyone's point pinging teleport as a problem skill. Know how many targeted teleports Mesmer has? One, it's Blink. Okay one and a half, I forgot about the festering corpse that is Jaunt. Unless you want to tell me that Illusionary Ambush is always 100% reliable and that Mirage Advance is worth taking. Compare that to Thiefs 9 available shadowsteps.

Illusionary ambush (this skill could get nerf from 1200 range to 300,and still would be good) , jaunt, axe 3, it all works as teleport

Reflect: This might be your only valid point, and could easily be fixed by giving Evasive Mirror a longer ICD.

Only one of your terrible points is 'spammable' and as is tradition with these forum QQ post you missed what actually needs toning down with Mesmer.

None of this is spammable by itself, but u chain all these, mentioned above, which is a spam.If u rly think mirage is not overtuned, than u have a long way to improve. (not that long actually, mirage don't need that much to be effective)Git gut

@Safandula.8723 said:

Invis/Stealth: These are the same thing and Mesmer, still, only has access to about 8 seconds of usable stealth.

Block: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha did Mesmer suddenly get more than their two counterattack blocks that only work one attack? Don't forget the extra evades you think Mirage has preclude the one block with a huge cooleown Chrono gets.

Aegis spam from chaos storm, from staff and trait(sadly 80% mirage in pvp use this)

Evade: Two dodges like everyone else and maybe one or two more from utilities although chances are it's probably just Illusionary Ambush. If you actually look at available evade uptime, Ranger and Thief both beat Mesmer. Also the lowest vigor uptime next to Necro.U forgot to mention evades from weapon skills

Teleport: I truly don't understand yours or anyone's point pinging teleport as a problem skill. Know how many targeted teleports Mesmer has? One, it's Blink. Okay one and a half, I forgot about the festering corpse that is Jaunt. Unless you want to tell me that Illusionary Ambush is always 100% reliable and that Mirage Advance is worth taking. Compare that to Thiefs 9 available shadowsteps.

Illusionary ambush (this skill could get nerf from 1200 range to 300,and still would be good) , jaunt, axe 3, it all works as teleport

Reflect: This might be your only valid point, and could easily be fixed by giving Evasive Mirror a longer ICD.

Only one of your terrible points is 'spammable' and as is tradition with these forum QQ post you missed what actually needs toning down with Mesmer.

None of this is spammable by itself, but u chain all these, mentioned above, which is a spam.If u rly think mirage is not overtuned, than u have a long way to improve. (not that long actually, mirage don't need that much to be effective)Git gut

Meta uses 2 stealth skills, signet and torch 4, both allows for 5sec stealth.Aegis spam from chaos storm?! Aegis is a random proc, you can get 2 or 3 aegis and you can get none. Chaos storm is one of the stupidest skills in game in that regard.Distortion is actually a well thought skill since it has a downside, you shatter your clones, so you trade damage for invuln, if more skills were like this game would be in a better state.Evade from axe is good, from sword was good now it's close to being trash, retal will get you killed easily.

Do you know how much 300 range is? If I remember correctly jaunt was 300 on beta, it was trash.

Can think of several professions which can spam evades/blocks and whatever for days too. One of which is your main.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Meta uses 2 stealth skills, signet and torch 4, both allows for 5sec stealth.Aegis spam from chaos storm?! Aegis is a random proc, you can get 2 or 3 aegis and you can get none. Chaos storm is one of the stupidest skills in game in that regard.Distortion is actually a well thought skill since it has a downside, you shatter your clones, so you trade damage for invuln, if more skills were like this game would be in a better state.Evade from axe is good, from sword was good now it's close to being trash, retal will get you killed easily.

Do you know how much 300 range is? If I remember correctly jaunt was 300 on beta, it was trash.

Can think of several professions which can spam evades/blocks and whatever for days too. One of which is your main.

U will generate more clones with a fart after distorting xdThe thing about mirage evades is, u can do whatever in this time. If daredevil dodges, he can deal some dmg at the end of animation, easy to counter. If mirage dodges, he can stealth and reset, he can also 1 shot u. And BTW mirage cloak last for 1 sec. Bit to muchYea I know what is 300 range and if wer talking about skill that is used to chase, mitigate dmg and lose target than, yea 300 is ok, mby let's give it a bit more. 400 500? 1200 is just riddiculous

Depends do you have weapon cds off, you can generate easily, if not it takes some time.Sure thing, still dd can evade forever while doing damage.Mirage cloak last for 1 sec for a reason, already explained above but here it is again.MC has extended dodge time so you can walk the same distance as a dodge. And you still only do so forward. See those backward dodges you do to create distance, mirages can't do that.MC had the same evade time as a normal dodge on beta, it was beyond awful.IA is another randomness trash, ANet sure loves to put those on mesmer, I mean it's a good skill but the randomness aspect will sometimes get you in awful places, i would be fine with 600 range if it's the only change to skill.

Do you really think I wasn't counting weapon evades? Out of courtesy I didn't list the litany of them accessible to Thief and Ranger. Hell if they weren't in such a pitiable state I'd say Weaver too.

The staff trait does not provide Aegis it provides Protection. And as lincolnbeard said, Chaos Storm is RNG, please rely on it every time to always get Aegis precisely when you need it and tell me how great that works out for you.

10% invulnerability uptime is assuming a perfect world scenario where the Mesmer is always put into a situation where they have 3 clones up every single time they Distort, it's unrealistic.

My point about teleports was that Mesmers have one (and a half counting Jaunt) controllable teleport that can be used for chasing or disengaging, the rest of it fall under either RNG (IA), not a skill worth using (Mirage Advance), or puts you into combat (every other teleport).

It's funny you say when Mirage dodges they can stealth and reset when that's literally something a DE can do on dodge.

What part about my post said Mirage is not overtuned? Mirage needs its condition application toned down quite a bit and to have either Torment or Confusion, not both and to not be able to use MC while stunned (although I have my own theory as to why that may not be possible). Otherwise almost everything the OP has complained about has been in the game for a very long time on core Mesmer.

Archived