Another way to earn LI please

Aedil.1296

@Kal Spiro.9745 said:

@"Donutdude.9582" said:My only disappointment with raiding for legendary armour is the amount that you have to do. Why? Guild Wars 2 was marketed as a "no-grind" MMORPG. Despite the fact that I enjoy crafting legendary weapons at the moment and I am sizing up some PvP Ascended/Legendary armour, it is frustrating that ArenaNet went against their manifesto.

This pathetic misquote of the developers really needs some kind of filter in the forums for the number of times people twist it to their own needs.

Not really.. it's not a case of twisting anything to anyone's needs, it is merely stating a fact.ANET made a big thing of promoting "we shall not grind!", it was a major SP... but that quickly got lost in the etherThat's not remotely accurate, especially considering the context.

ANet's reference to "grind" was referencing other games, in which
all gear
becomes obsolete with every expansion. The only grind referred to is the acquisition & maintenance of max-stat gear.

ANet has always been upfront that all their games, updates, patches include grindy aspects; they have never remotely suggested ending the "repeat the same thing over again to obtain things."

Then you watched some very different promo stuff to me and others... yeah I still redeemer that swing a sword, swing it again, swing it a 100 times" little piece by Colin and how GW2 was going to be different and take away that grindy aspect.But you maybe misunderstand what I was saying, I actually understand why the game has become littered with one lengthy grind after another, it was always going to have to creep into the game if it was going to keep sufficient numbers logging back in for as long as they could until the next content drop could be pushed through.. its just business and business has to changes in order to stay relevant, make money and move a product forward.Look, we all know ANET can't do anything wrong in your eyes and that is all fine and dandy, but not everyone sees the game the same way and not everyone appreciates the changes and direction the game has taken over the years. But then again there are some of those that fall into that bracket who do understand why it has to happen and the benefit it might bring longer terms, but it still doesn't mean they have to like it is all.At the end of the day though the crucial difference GW2 has over those traditional MMO grindwars is that cosmetics are desirables, not absolute necessity, players have the choice whether to go for it or let it pass by. They bring no real advantage over another except maybe Leggy stat swaps (more relevant I guess since the sigil/rune malarkey perhaps), but looking good is a far cry than being good and having the Best in Game Stats even if ANET have simply transposed that idea with a players desire to have that "must have skin"

Do you need gear better than Exotic? Not want, not there is better gear, do you need gear better than Exotic? The answer is no. No you don't. How difficult is it to get Exotic gear? Not at all. Where is the grind? To play the game, to do all the standard stuff, especially the stuff that comes with the Core game, Exotic is all you need and it is sufficient for all your needs.

Anything beyond standard Exotic gear is for a skin, and isn't needed or for Fractals/Raiding, which provides for its own. The only thing better than Exotic is Ascended, and the only places where that's important are in the two places you're likely to get it somewhat easily. Legendary is an extravagance, and nothing more. As such any amount of grind fits into the original concept of cosmetics, which they have always admitted where meant to work that way.

I think you missed the point of the post by a country mile.... maybe reread what I posted cos I am pretty sure I made the point already, that in GW2 gear/cosmetics are desirables not absolute necessity.It is not what is actually needed to do anything, its about what players feel the need to go for.. whether that be best in stat gear or best looking skin.No one is arguing that exotics is all you need, though that may well see you getting booted out of some T3/T4 fracs/raid groups, but sure I have no real issue with your point.. you just missed mine and others.Players more often than not though will always strive for that perceived perfection, the top of the tree, the be all and end all.. hence why cosmetics in gw2 are a transposition of best in stats in other mmo's.. at the end of the day though it comes down to a players personal choice, which is why grind can be very subjective imo.

Legendary weapons:

• Craft them yourself.
  • Buy them directly on TP.
  • Complete lengthy collection series.

Legendary Armor:

• Play a lot of Raids
  • Play a lot of WvW
  • Play a lot of PvP

This looks like a good selection of choice to me.Yes, they all are expensive in their own way. Through game time and gold/resources. But hey, these are the best and rarest prestige items in game

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@"Donutdude.9582" said:My only disappointment with raiding for legendary armour is the amount that you have to do. Why? Guild Wars 2 was marketed as a "no-grind" MMORPG. Despite the fact that I enjoy crafting legendary weapons at the moment and I am sizing up some PvP Ascended/Legendary armour, it is frustrating that ArenaNet went against their manifesto.

This pathetic misquote of the developers really needs some kind of filter in the forums for the number of times people twist it to their own needs.

Not really.. it's not a case of twisting anything to anyone's needs, it is merely stating a fact.ANET made a big thing of promoting "we shall not grind!", it was a major SP... but that quickly got lost in the etherThat's not remotely accurate, especially considering the context.

all gear
becomes obsolete with every expansion. The only grind referred to is the acquisition & maintenance of max-stat gear.

ANet has always been upfront that all their games, updates, patches include grindy aspects; they have never remotely suggested ending the "repeat the same thing over again to obtain things."

Then you watched some very different promo stuff to me and others... yeah I still redeemer that swing a sword, swing it again, swing it a 100 times" little piece by Colin and how GW2 was going to be different and take away that grindy aspect.But you maybe misunderstand what I was saying, I actually understand why the game has become littered with one lengthy grind after another, it was always going to have to creep into the game if it was going to keep sufficient numbers logging back in for as long as they could until the next content drop could be pushed through.. its just business and business has to changes in order to stay relevant, make money and move a product forward.Look, we all know ANET can't do anything wrong in your eyes and that is all fine and dandy, but not everyone sees the game the same way and not everyone appreciates the changes and direction the game has taken over the years. But then again there are some of those that fall into that bracket who do understand why it has to happen and the benefit it might bring longer terms, but it still doesn't mean they have to like it is all.At the end of the day though the crucial difference GW2 has over those traditional MMO grindwars is that cosmetics are desirables, not absolute necessity, players have the choice whether to go for it or let it pass by. They bring no real advantage over another except maybe Leggy stat swaps (more relevant I guess since the sigil/rune malarkey perhaps), but looking good is a far cry than being good and having the Best in Game Stats even if ANET have simply transposed that idea with a players desire to have that "must have skin"

Do you need gear better than Exotic? Not want, not there is better gear, do you need gear better than Exotic? The answer is no. No you don't. How difficult is it to get Exotic gear? Not at all. Where is the grind? To play the game, to do all the standard stuff, especially the stuff that comes with the Core game, Exotic is all you need and it is sufficient for all your needs.

Anything beyond standard Exotic gear is for a skin, and isn't needed or for Fractals/Raiding, which provides for its own. The only thing better than Exotic is Ascended, and the only places where that's important are in the two places you're likely to get it somewhat easily. Legendary is an extravagance, and nothing more. As such any amount of grind fits into the original concept of cosmetics, which they have always admitted where meant to work that way.

I think you missed the point of the post by a country mile.... maybe reread what I posted cos I am pretty sure I made the point already, that in GW2 gear/cosmetics are desirables not absolute necessity.It is not what is actually needed to do anything, its about what players feel the need to go for.. whether that be best in stat gear or best looking skin.No one is arguing that exotics is all you need, though that may well see you getting booted out of some T3/T4 fracs/raid groups, but sure I have no real issue with your point.. you just missed mine and others.Players more often than not though will always strive for that perceived perfection, the top of the tree, the be all and end all.. hence why cosmetics in gw2 are a transposition of best in stats in other mmo's.. at the end of the day though it comes down to a players personal choice, which is why grind can be very subjective imo.

Sorry, but you're the one missing the point then. Because the point is, ANet has never shied away from expressing cosmetics as a valid thing to grind for. The point was that claiming that anything other than necessary gear is a grind doesn't go against ANets claims because they have expressly stated that Legendaries especially are meant to work that way, and always have been.

@Kal Spiro.9745 said:

all gear

Sorry, but you're the one missing the point then. Because the point is, ANet has never shied away from expressing cosmetics as a valid thing to grind for. The point was that claiming that anything other than necessary gear is a grind doesn't go against ANets claims because they have expressly stated that Legendaries especially are meant to work that way, and always have been.

Again.. your missing the point and actually arguing with the wrong person. I have never said that anything other than certain gear is actually required in game, though your argument that exotics is all you need I think might be open to counter by other more hardcore members of this community.I already said grind is subjective and that skins, cosmetics, gear grind is all down to player choice not forced. The only thing I have said is that ANET chose not to go the way of traditional MMO's and push gear grind for best in stats.. they chose to play on the side of player vanity. and push the cosmetic side of gearing. One I prefer in all honesty and it works hand in hand with the gemstore and avoiding that P2W issue that can very easily creep into games.

So I fail to see why you continue to push the argument when in fact were kind of on the same page if you simply read what put out there...

Money never been a problem for me in gw2 I could craft several legendaries and really enjoy the collections. The only element is LI. They should make them purchasable with magnetite shards really. And btw I don't kill 10 bosses a week, you should know some bosses are harder some others easier. So people tend to clean the easy wings much more and skip others. And about wvw and pvp armors, I am forced to do raids cause the skins are so much better, the others legendaries are a joke compared. I do it only for the skin, I don't care about the rest pretty much.

Archived