Balance Update Coming: 2/26/2019

Irenio CalmonHuang.2048

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@crazyhusky.2985 said:

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:‘allo fellow Tyrians,

Just wanted to give you a heads-up that we’ve been preparing a set of balance changes that are slated to go live next Tuesday.

We look forward to playing with you and discussing the changes to skills and traits once they’re available next week!

Sincerely,GW2 Systems Team

How about fixing and updating Dragonhunter.Can we please get longbow revamp or a fix for Dragonhunter, at least the longbow. With the release of Living Season 4 episode 5 you gave us the legendary longbow but you didn't give us a reason to use the longbow. Longbow on dragonhunter is still terrible.

Awhile back you said that you were doing through ALL of Guardian's weapons to fix and tweaking them, That SHOULD include the longbow, it's a weapon for guardian. You've gone back and tweaked and updated all the other guardian's weapons a part form the longbow it is still untouched, some of the weapon even got new skills on them.

The longbow is not good in any mode right now.
  • It's not suitable Raids unlike most other weapons for elite specs
  • WvW/PVP wise it's out classed by the base weapons and doesn't have any use, foes can see a dragonhunter's attacks from a mile away.

The longbow is suppose to be a good but it doesn't offer anything and it's questionable in what you intend with it.(LB3) Deflecting shot NEEDING a trait to give it knockback... but Ranger's Longbow doesn't require a trait to knock back foes.The trait Heavy light we use for it gives stability...? WHAT! If you're knocking back a foe why do need Stability, you're already a distance from the foes that can CC you.and by the time the foe has got to you to the Stability has gone. Dragonhunter needs a way to gain Retaliation within the elite spec. heavy light should be giving Retaliation or fury not Stability.(LB4) Symbol of Energy it's slow and it gives vigor... I am sure there is a better boon you could give instead of vigor, it's kinda useless you can't even use it to support an ally, Fury or Regen would be better.(LB5) Hunter's Ward is again so slow and takes too long to do, most people dodge it before you can trap them, and when you do 9/10 in pvp/wvw people walk right out of it... despite it supposingly having a ward effect to prevent that. ontop of that it has a long 40-45 second cooldown.

Please just re-vamp and fix the longbow. it's not been updated in years.

Also on separte note about Dragonhunter traps, could make a new virtue (F4) for Dragonhunter only that detonates your traps and gives you a buff like barrier and retaliation or something like Stun a foe.

Because it's rather annoying that bosses who don't move don't trigger the traps even when you place it on them. Stuff like Octovine I can't damage with traps since it doesn't move. In fractals the anomnly is hard to damage with the traps since you can barely get him in the trigger radius but the overall trap range will reach and damage him.

There are objects you need to destory don't trigger the traps. Prime example is In raids in spirit vale when you're running away from the ghost horde, you can't damage the spirit walls with your traps because they're an object. Despite being able to hit them with weapons. The issue is you NEED to damage the walls otherwise you all die, making you a possible liability for your team. If you were able to denoate your own traps then this would not be an issue, since you could place them next to the wall then detonate them.

In WvW, dragonhunter traps don't trigger/detonate on Siege, which is resonable given that they're objects but having to the option to set off dragonhunter traps would help a dragonhunter clear out rival's siege quicker.

These have been a big issue for a while, it limits how you can use the traps at parts during the game limiting the amount of damage you can do, when you should be able to always use them.I think to solve the issue, rather than going back trying to make traps trigger/detonate all bosses and objects, instead Give dragonhunter a new virtue (F4) that detonates/triggers the player's traps so then we can trigger/detonate them when we want, if the traps don't go off like they should.

it's been ages since you've done anything with Dragonhunter, it's starting to show for a while now. It's not been properly updated in 2 years, many traits and effects feel out dated or bad and questionable. You've been tweaking everything in base guardian to fit Firebrand and then tweaking Firebrand but Dragonhunter it's self hasn't gotten any love.The only tweak i can think of that Dragonhunter specfically has recieved is the slight buff to big game hunter increasing it's damage from 10% to 20% and that was back in october, before that I don't even recall when the last time Dragonhunter was touched, Maybe it was early 2017 before Path of fire and the nerf to guardian's staff.

I'll say as DH main longbow is really good ! It's either u can't play using it or you don't like the style . The unblockable lb3 , trueshot doing lot dmg is really good .the only thing I would suggest is passive movement speed ,lb 3 knockback on weapon skill itself .and main is pulsing boonrip on F1 . It will help us rip stab and destroy professions with high stab uptime .

@Kumouta.4985 said:this been delayed?

Give them the time they need to reorganize themself.... It's been hard for anet... Not only colleagues, also good friends are just ... gone.Who cares about a patch-delay after this happened?

Good luck to anet handle this situation - our hearts are with you all. Also with the people already gone.And a big heart to @Gaile Gray.6029 being a nice community-manager for that long time. I know - we (the community) are not easy all the time.... but we always loved ya!

@Nasbit.3240 said:

Give them the time they need to reorganize themself.... It's been hard for anet... Not only colleagues, also good friends are just ... gone.Who cares about a patch-delay after this happened?

Good luck to anet handle this situation - our hearts are with you all. Also with the people already gone.And a big heart to @Gaile Gray.6029 being a nice community-manager for that long time. I know - we (the community) are not easy all the time.... but we always loved ya!

But yes - warclaw/balance patch has been delayed by another week, cause of the current situation in the office.

Nevermind.

@"Jimbru.6014" said:I just hope that they remember only a minority of players do PVP and WvW, whereas EVERYBODY has to PVE. In other words, stop letting the PVP whiners ruin the rest of the game with their ideas of "balance", and stop making the rest of us have to reinvent our characters in PVE patch after patch.

Everybody absolutely does not have to PvE. I buy gems specifically for this reason, I'd rather spend 3-4h at the day job I have to do anyway and buy gems for way more gold than I'd get in 3-4h mindlessly grinding a PvE map. I also won't be the only WvW player that does this.

Considering I likely contribute more money to ANet than the vast majority of PvE players, why should my opinion be of less weight than theirs?

Archived