Names of the developers who are leaving ArenaNet.

Terter.4125

@"brenda.9723" said:Omg, I am shocked.I cant believe what NCsoft is doing to this game :'(

All I know is that if I worked for a big dog in the field...Amazon, for example...I'd be watching this closely. I'd note the long and loving legacy GW and GW2 have with their playerbases, as well as what beautiful and fun games they are. Then I'd be flagging down the decision makers and saying, "Say, you should look at this..."

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Was not nsoft but arena net that decided to move resources and man power from the game u love slowing its growth and development over last few yrs, was very apparent the community noticed this. Wasn’t nsoft but arenanet that ok’d said side projects and was arenanet managing the development of these projects that yielded unproductive results for the company. Nsoft was just the parent company that funded arenanet so regardless of ur views on nsofts past business descision they cant be blamed if arenets descisions have led to a unsustainable situation and this is a result of arenets management within arenet not nsoft. If nsoft didn’t protect itself as a company smaller studios like arenanet probably wouldn’t exist so...with that said it is always sad to hear about lay offs,as I’m sure we as adults have all been effected by them at one time or another as such is life. I hope the lost members find another studio and continued success within the gaming industry or their chosen fields.

Seriously... link the info that provides you with all these juicy facts, cos I am yet to read anything regarding the decision making process surrounding ANET's R&D, resource management and whether the projects were actually mis-managed or unproductive... your guessing.What has been enlightened is that ANET were working on R&D, NC Soft were bank rolling their efforts, but as a company NC Soft has been seeing a decline in their revenue from across their ageing portfolio and therefore new projects within ANET and others have been deemed unsustainable and cancelled with the added requirement to reduce its headcount significantly and other parts of NC Soft are likely seeing /or already had the same requests from HQ.Are you seriously thinking that ANET would go off and work on some secretive projects, not tell NC Soft but expect them to bank roll their effort.. c'mon have some sense. NC Soft in order to protect itself requires its studios to expand their portfolio's otherwise NC Soft will eventually have very little in which to run its business off.Have you ever worked within Project Management, cos in my experience it is extremely common to see many projects within businesses cancelled before they can come to fruition, heck I could show you a gazillion projects I have worked on that have never seen the light of day, but ideas and knowledge gained within them now appear across a wide range of products today... who knows that might happen for NC Soft through this.

Look I get it, your as unhappy about the news as anyone else here, but pointing the finger with nothing more than a few Twitter posts and a leaked news article is hardly solid facts regarding the actual process of decision making within NC Soft and ANET. I am as saddened about hearing the loss of talent from the business as you or anyone else, that is a hard pill for all of us to swallow especially everyone within ANET.. we might of spent years playing and enjoying Guild Wars, but many others have spent a considerable portion of their lives bringing that fun to our screens and are now faced with the arduous task of picking themselves up and starting all over again.Things happen in life and business that sometimes fall beyond anyone's control so all we can do is thank all those for their time and efforts and wish those displaced all the very best for future endeavours, whilst similarly showing our support for those lucky to remain working on something we all want to see reach new heights.Or you can throw the towel in and move on.. cos luckily that is something that we players can do risk free... not so for those no longer gainfully employed.

U> @Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Was not nsoft but arena net that decided to move resources and man power from the game u love slowing its growth and development over last few yrs, was very apparent the community noticed this. Wasn’t nsoft but arenanet that ok’d said side projects and was arenanet managing the development of these projects that yielded unproductive results for the company. Nsoft was just the parent company that funded arenanet so regardless of ur views on nsofts past business descision they cant be blamed if arenets descisions have led to a unsustainable situation and this is a result of arenets management within arenet not nsoft. If nsoft didn’t protect itself as a company smaller studios like arenanet probably wouldn’t exist so...with that said it is always sad to hear about lay offs,as I’m sure we as adults have all been effected by them at one time or another as such is life. I hope the lost members find another studio and continued success within the gaming industry or their chosen fields.

Seriously... link the info that provides you with all these juicy facts, cos I am yet to read anything regarding the decision making process surrounding ANET's R&D, resource management and whether the projects were actually mis-managed or unproductive... your guessing.What has been enlightened is that ANET were working on R&D, NC Soft were bank rolling their efforts, but as a company NC Soft has been seeing a decline in their revenue from across their ageing portfolio and therefore new projects within ANET and others have been deemed unsustainable and cancelled with the added requirement to reduce its headcount significantly and other parts of NC Soft are likely seeing /or already had the same requests from HQ.Are you seriously thinking that ANET would go off and work on some secretive projects, not tell NC Soft but expect them to bank roll their effort.. c'mon have some sense. NC Soft in order to protect itself requires its studios to expand their portfolio's otherwise NC Soft will eventually have very little in which to run its business off.Have you ever worked within Project Management, cos in my experience it is extremely common to see many projects within businesses cancelled before they can come to fruition, heck I could show you a gazillion projects I have worked on that have never seen the light of day, but ideas and knowledge gained within them now appear across a wide range of products today... who knows that might happen for NC Soft through this.

Look I get it, your as unhappy about the news as anyone else here, but pointing the finger with nothing more than a few Twitter posts and a leaked news article is hardly solid facts regarding the actual process of decision making within NC Soft and ANET. I am as saddened about hearing the loss of talent from the business as you or anyone else, that is a hard pill for all of us to swallow especially everyone within ANET.. we might of spent years playing and enjoying Guild Wars, but many others have spent a considerable portion of their lives bringing that fun to our screens and are now faced with the arduous task of picking themselves up and starting all over again.Things happen in life and business that sometimes fall beyond anyone's control so all we can do is thank all those for their time and efforts and wish those displaced all the very best for future endeavours, whilst similarly showing our support for those lucky to remain working on something we all want to see reach new heights.Or you can throw the towel in and move on.. cos luckily that is something that we players can do risk free... not so for those no longer gainfully employed.

I’m not upset at all,actually the opposite. I was on the fence before all this whether or not to continue supporting this game but after this I’m definitely sticking around to see if things improve,if they do great if not like u said hitting uninstall is pretty easy and risk free :)

Archived