Escalating To Higher Ups?

@Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:If a Lead GM cannot help with a certain situation, Is it possible to be escalated to HIS/HER manager? at that point who would it go to after a Lead GM?

There's always a boss-of-bosses, but you'd have to make a fairly strong case that there's something worth escalating.

In your shoes, if I felt there was, I'd ask for one more escalation. I'd very carefully craft my request to leave out any emotion, to focus on the facts, and to offer a reason why I think there's been a mistake in their own policy. (Or depending: why I think the policy needs an exception or amendment, given these circumstances.)

If you don't want to discuss this publicly, feel free to send me a PM and I'll try to help. (Or I can suggest other people who are familiar with the system and/or might be willing to assist.)

Just have a situation in trying to help my community guilds' leaders to be unbanned after sharing accounts. the leaders show in screenshots that the discussion went to "you hacked her account etc" but they are literally married now...no one hacked anything. We're trying to get them unbanned on the grounds that the pvp team were only banned for 3 months for account sharing as where my leaders' accounts were perma-banned for the same thing for only pve dailies.

Right now were trying to find a foolproof way to show a particular GM in CS that no one hacked anything and that the account was shared willingly. We're trying to get the leaders to get their marriage license, receipts of purchases and such ready to prove ownership and that both IP addresses were either previous places of residence and that each logged into the other's pc willingly while visiting each other over time. There have been cases where people were slapped on the wrist for stuff like this, again i shouldn't be scolded for what THEY did, but were trying to keep the guild community together while we also get them pardoned.

Guild leaders are at wits end if that GM still wants to stick to the original choice, but thats why i was seeking to find out if it was possible to escalate it if they had FURTHER proof of ownership and no foul play / hacking into the others' accounts.

we just want our leaders back

We've seen cases where it sounds like the issue is account sharing, but it really is something else. In one recent case, it was that three or more people were each claiming ownership of various accounts. The 'sharing' just made it impossible for Support to objectively determine the 'real' owners, so they closed the accounts rather than make an arbitrary choice.

The GMs don't usually suspend accounts, let alone ban, just for alleged sharing. It usually something else that initiates a closer look.

I don't know what's going on with your GLs; perhaps they haven't provided the whole story.

Regardless, my advice above stands: your GLs can appeal to a higher power. They should be very honest, keep it simple, and make it easy for someone to reconsider.

@Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:Right now were trying to find a foolproof way to show a particular GM in CS that no one hacked anything and that the account was shared willingly. We're trying to get the leaders to get their marriage license, receipts of purchases and such ready to prove ownership and that both IP addresses were either previous places of residence and that each logged into the other's pc willingly while visiting each other over time. There have been cases where people were slapped on the wrist for stuff like this, again i shouldn't be scolded for what THEY did, but were trying to keep the guild community together while we also get them pardoned.

Lenience in one case does not automatically mean lenience in all cases. I would also not make this argument when appealing since it quite frankly isn't one.

Your best approach (or in this case your GLs) is to, as mentioned by others, give a proper account of what transpired and explain the situation or how the situation might have changed.

As far as escalating something, one can ask, but quite frankly, the moment someone has made a decision such as banning, that employee already had the power to do so. While escalating might provide a new set of eyes on a subject matter or may lead to a re-inspection of the issue, ultimately the only thing which might change the outcome is a better argument why a ban should get removed. Simply shifting the same situation over to someone higher up will not often yield a different result (at least with MMO CSR).

Archived