Love the Warclaw

Mytee.4752

As a necro I was always one of the last ones to the fight. Now I am able to keep up with the rest of the group. I have seen no one actually fight on the warclaw and think it is one of the best things available to keep the group together. Those who are still working on getting one remember it is worth the time and effort.

@MUDse.7623 said:

@Loosmaster.8263 said:Don't worry. Probably in about a week you'll be able to be one shotted, knocked down and have a 4 second stun coming.

and you will lose as much HP as the mount lost! wouldnt want to waste the attackers cooldowns ;)

You say that with a smiley face, but in WoW for example, mounts didn't have their own health pool, and any damage the player received from another player went directly against their HP. :+1:

ANET is using the same design they have for mounts in PvE but as you and many others have noted, it's a bit problematic for WvW.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Loosmaster.8263 said:Don't worry. Probably in about a week you'll be able to be one shotted, knocked down and have a 4 second stun coming.

and you will lose as much HP as the mount lost! wouldnt want to waste the attackers cooldowns ;)

You say that with a smiley face, but in WoW for example, mounts didn't have their own health pool, and any damage the player received from another player went directly against their HP. :+1:

ANET is using the same design they have for mounts in PvE but as you and many others have noted, it's a bit problematic for WvW.

mount has still less defensive tools than players, especially no condi cleanse/protection and low armor so attacking the mount does more damage than hitting the player with it. but well if you buff those up, then they might share stats

@MUDse.7623 said:

mount has still less defensive tools than players, especially no condi cleanse/protection and low armor so attacking the mount does more damage than hitting the player with it. but well if you buff those up, then they might share stats

Very true. But the defensive tool of the mount is its speed and leap. Again to refer to WoW, the only other MMO I've played where PvP had mounts (in battlegrounds), you took any damage directed at you by the player, but in addition, taking damage had a chance of dismounting you. So if you saw 3 players up ahead, you could take the chance of riding through them on your mount (which was considerably faster than running) and hope you would survive any damage taken, but you ran the risk of a single hit dismounting you at their feet, in which case you were toast.

Mounts also didn't do any damage or anything to other players, they were merely transportation.

Suffice to say, in WoW Battlegrounds mounts were never seen as a issue with regards to balance. Just my 2 copper.

Archived