Warrior weapon skills reworks/balancing

Mousehawk.1746

@Mousehawk.1746 said:

@"Odik.4587" said:

Why wouldnt you ask give you million damage and oneshot everyone who was touched by the GS? Kinda the same results would be achieved with your 'buffs'.The only change warrior need is to make gs5 consistent and connect with animation and not hit people through walls from 500 range (for 8k at times).

Greatsword has good damage already. The only change I actually want is for hundred blades to hit 5 targets and for you to be able to turn with it. More damage is if it does not get either of those changes. Warriors should be dangerous to get close to since they can be kited, though not as easily as say a necro. Guardian and rangers skill 2 on great sword both hit 5 targets and do nice damage on top. They can also be moved around to hit more consistently. I prefer reworks that make things more fluid over "buffs". I agree with you on skill 5.

I was sarcastic. Mesmer frenzy is a joke now that does no damage and hit 8 times and suicidal on retal, pistol whip is the same ,cant turn.The only one who is dangerouns once you come melee is scourge because its pure c@ncer to get 10 different conditions in less than 1 second.Warrior dont need weapon buffs imo . Mace/axe offhand has its use in pve

@Mousehawk.1746 said:

Yeah, Bladetrail can be unreliable. However, I find that if I try to use it at just the right distance (usally after dodging into and whirwinding through an enemy), then both parts of the skills will usually hit making it pretty solid. My only worry with making the skill into some kind of CC is that it might make GS pretty busted. Even stronger than it already is. I mean of you think about it, virtually every power build in every gamemode for Warrior has included GS.

Greatsword is used a lot for its mobility since it has the longest charge in the game. I think that blade trail should start out as parry without hard cc after thinking a little bit. So instead of having a knockback like ranger it just has the benefit of hitting multiple times instead. Though greatsword just needs some change to hundred blades. The weapon without these issues is very fun to use already. Arcing slice is my favorite when it hits people for 9k.

You are either delusional or crazy or just greedy... the hell CC you want on GS? Warrior alrdy have crazy amount of CCs and definitly wont get more thats for sure.

@Odik.4587 said:Warrior dont need weapon buffs imo . Mace/axe offhand has its use in pveWhy would any one use mace over axe for mainhand? The burst is not enough to justify that. Weapons should not be something that you only use for one skill. Warrior has many weapon choices but many of them are not being used because they are weaker than axe, greatsword, hammer, and sword mainhand. We can completely ignore changing those 4 and focus on making the other weapons have more niche roles that justify switching to them. Some like mace already do. I would be fine with that. No changes at all would be a bad thing. Warrior could be better but if it still has a place just having banners no one will really care. Starting a discussion around all the weapons is important at getting dev attention on ones that need the most help. I appreciate the response regardless of what happens.

@Mousehawk.1746 said:

@Odik.4587 said:Warrior dont need weapon buffs imo . Mace/axe offhand has its use in pveWhy would any one use mace over axe for mainhand? The burst is not enough to justify that. Weapons should not be something that you only use for one skill. Warrior has many weapon choices but many of them are not being used because they are weaker than axe, greatsword, hammer, and sword mainhand. We can completely ignore changing those 4 and focus on making the other weapons have more niche roles that justify switching to them. Some like mace already do. I would be fine with that. No changes at all would be a bad thing. Warrior could be better but if it still has a place just having banners no one will really care. Starting a discussion around all the weapons is important at getting dev attention on ones that need the most help. I appreciate the response regardless of what happens.So basically only mace and bow somewhat behind in competitive game modes? Mace been great during core and berserker and I even seen boyce using it in AT finals on spellbreaker but billion breakstuns/stability spam what is making that weapon not the best choice.Dont know why warrior need buffs but whatever ,have it your way :)

@BlackTruth.6813 said:Mace F1 just needs to be reverted back to it's launch state (1/4 casting time low range BUT 1/1.5/2 seconds stun at level 1/2/3)

That's it. Nobody complained about it then, and nobody will complain about it either if they revert skull crack back to it's original lauch state

Yeah, I dont see how Anet can look at weapon use statistics on Warrior and see that virtually no one takes Mace in competitive play. I mean, they should be aware of this problem.

@BlackTruth.6813 said:Mace F1 just needs to be reverted back to it's launch state (1/4 casting time low range BUT 1/1.5/2 seconds stun at level 1/2/3)

That's it. Nobody complained about it then, and nobody will complain about it either if they revert skull crack back to it's original lauch state

No one complained about it then because there were not so many stunbreaks, stability, etc.The main reason why mace/hammer are not very practical is because of that. Spellbreaker can somehow deal with it by removing stability, but it is still too much. Stun lock is virtually impossible nowadays against capable builds and people.

@"cryorion.9532" said:No one complained about it then because there were not so many stunbreaks, stability, etc.The main reason why mace/hammer are not very practical is because of that. Spellbreaker can somehow deal with it by removing stability, but it is still too much. Stun lock is virtually impossible nowadays against capable builds and people.

What Mace/Hammer needs is the Mesmer Scepter/Necro Axe treatment. They've been souped up quite nicely to become decent picks for some builds.If they could make Mace #3 strip all Stability, or make all Hammer skills strip 2 stacks of Stability and grant a damage/toughness hard buff whenever a CC goes through for Merciless Hammer, I'd consider playing with them.Or do it with a Weakness interaction, strip more stability when weakness is on target, and grant weakness to disabled foes. Rev has increased stability strip.e

Alas, Warriors have a lot of weapons to choose from unlike other classes, so if we find that Sword works ok and Dagger works ok then it's not a great priority to fix the others.

Just also saying, I can dream, but I'm not going to be "demanding" a change because it's "unplayable" if there aren't any changes.

People are going to say that stripping stability is too broken though. But like when there is a lot of blocks and evades and blinds to defend vs. Mace in the first place it might not be bad.

I really would prefer that they revert the casting time to 1/4 seconds instead though along with the 2 second stun at level 3. Small changes and see if it's enough, if not then buff the damage.

@cryorion.9532 said:

No one complained about it then because there were not so many stunbreaks, stability, etc.The main reason why mace/hammer are not very practical is because of that. Spellbreaker can somehow deal with it by removing stability, but it is still too much. Stun lock is virtually impossible nowadays against capable builds and people.

Yeah, I'm just hoping skull crack gets reverted so it has a small chance to be decent

It got nerfed because when Hambow era was around, Soldier amulet in combination with unsuspecting foe was ridiculous. So a soldier's amulet Mace build back in the day was really strong because ANET buffed the stun to 3 seconds (3.9 seconds with stun sigils, but it was bugged then so the stun sigil rounded it up to 1 full second in addition to the actual duration). They could have just reverted it back to the old 2 second at level 3 and actually fixed the stun duration sigil bug.

Those days are over though, there is no more soldier's amulet and there is a lot of ways to avoid a 1/4 second casting time on melee range assuming that skull crack would get reverted back to that. When effective HP is nerfed to somewhere reasonable, there is no reason why ANET should ever fear reverting skull crack to it's original state.

Archived