invisible shoes till drop?

tl;dr there's no reason to suppose it changed, since loot tables in GW2 are "nested:" first the game checks for whether it's the "usual" or something nice, then it rolls again to see which specific thing drops. Invisible shoes have always dropped from the latter, not the former.

Loot drops similarly to what we see in BL chests:

• There's an initial "roll" to decide in which category your drop is: common, uncommon, rare, super rare (some tables have fewer options, some more)
  • A secondary roll decides which drop you get

In the case of the Treasure Mushroom, there are two drops that each have their own loot tables: the event (guaranteed rare gear, which will be the unID) and the TM itself (that's where the boot box can drop).

Detailed example & plausible scenario

! JP chests use multiple tables, e.g. typically two for level-appropriate gemstones (crystals for L80, slivers for lowbies) and one for gear (unID for L80, level-appropriate for lower levels). Some tables include "no drop."!! According to the wiki, the VB Treasure Mushroom event rewards the following on death:! Rare piece of equipment! Map bonus reward! Spirit shard, Ley line crystals, airship parts.!! The mushroom itself can drop crafting mats, salvage items, or the boot box!! The map bonus reward can be a container that drops gear, which would end up being unID since the patch. A plausible scenario is that its drop table is something like this:! Common drops: rare unID gear! Uncommon: 10% chance of special rare gear (e.g. reclaimed or something like that), 90% chance of rare unID! Rare drop: 90% chance of random exotic, 10% chance of special exotic (e.g. named)! Super rare drop: ascended gear! Super-de-dooper rare drop: precursor! Never-happens-to-me rare drop:!! Meanwhile, the TM itself has a loot table with! Common: crafting mat or salvage material! Uncommon: same! Rare: same! Super rare: Tonic! Super-de-dooper rare: Invisi Boot Box

• 2 years later...

Sry for necroing this thread.... But I couldn't hold my joy after a rare drop...

can confirm... got an Invisible Boot Box today in Tangle depths Treasure mushroom just after the Chak gerent meta. so they still do drop after all.. it happened when i least expected it 😋

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Sry for necroing this thread.... But I couldn't hold my joy after a rare drop...

can confirm... got an Invisible Boot Box today in Tangle depths Treasure mushroom just after the Chak gerent meta. so they still do drop after all.. it happened when i least expected it 😋

Gratz that's awesome!

• Like 1