Hi I'm scrapper

Musetii.7163

scrapper pretty useless imo.

You dont need to kill the scrapper just force him off node and recap it. If you get the kill then that's pretty good because the point of playing scrapper is to hold 1 vs X at enemy node or keeping enemy node naturalize till your team wins mid to then plus you.

Once the scrapper loses his side nodes he's pretty useless everywhere else imo.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"zoopop.5630" said:scrapper pretty useless imo.

You dont need to kill the scrapper just force him off node and recap it. If you get the kill then that's pretty good because the point of playing scrapper is to hold 1 vs X at enemy node or keeping enemy node naturalize till your team wins mid to then plus you.

"Just force him off node"

Do you know what a scrapper is?

Heck the actually good builds aren't about damaging you but having enough survivability to always squat on the node and enough knock backs and AoE fields to get the decap and eventually the full cap. It's what what won March's EU MAT.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@"zoopop.5630" said:scrapper pretty useless imo.

Heck the actually good builds aren't about damaging you but having enough survivability to always squat on the node and enough knock backs and AoE fields to get the decap and eventually the full cap. It's what what won March's EU MAT.

theirs enough burst classes or classes in general that can force them off node.

ReaperPower Mirage/ChronoWarrior/SpellBreakerRevS/D Thief

Assuming whoever fighting them already on node isn't another scrapper and can deal some good dps to follow along with the plus they are getting.

I don't know you're just over estimating how "OP" they are now when MOST scrapper only have 1 stun break/1 source of stability at most maybe 2.

@zoopop.5630 said:

@zoopop.5630 said:scrapper pretty useless imo.

theirs enough burst classes or classes in general that can force them off node.

ReaperPower Mirage/ChronoWarrior/SpellBreakerRevS/D Thief

The last time I watched Sind stream he would not plus against a scrapper under any circumstances. I don't know how you can say SD Thief is a great plus when he doesn't think its worthwhile to plus against it ever.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Twilight Tempest.7584 said:@TorQ.7041 What part of one OP spec only being countered by other OP specs doesn't make sense?

The part that there are multiple specs that kill this spec. If every one can kill each other. What makes it op? Seriously. What don't you understand that about that? That mutiple specs do different things. You don't expect 1 spec to do everything. What don't you understand about that?

Back in my day of playing Pokemon Showdown when one Mon gets so overpowered literally the entire meta is forced to twist around it, every team requires 1 or 2 direct answers to them of varying effectiveness, those Mon get banned - kicked upstairs to Ubers where they don't get used again in the OU.

If your justification for scrappers existence in it's current form is "Look everyone should all play spellbreaker and sic em soulbeast and that'll be our new meta. That's balance." you're only proving my point further. One build, one singular build, literally dictating everyone's build going forward is the definition of meta defining.

And you also throw this out as if people don't have serious concerns about Herald's bursts, 30k Rapid Fire bursts and Spellbreaker's damage in Rampage already.

War does not kill Condi mirage. Prot holo does. If I am playing warrior I need to switch to something else or rotate and never face the mirage. Maybe according to you I should start crying mirage op and want mirage nerfed

You did cry for Mirage nerfs for months and months and months.

And I've got links to receipts ready to fly.

I did. I fully admit it. I fully admit I didn't know how to play the game until the past 3 seasons. I cried about it till I went and played it to let it carry me to gold 3.

Till I faced a proct Holo affectionate I kept dying n I went back over and over and kept losing and lost the game for my team cos Holo was a straight up counter. That's when I realized it was my kitten rotation that I shld have just left and went else where. In the same how people like you who smash into scrapper now.

I would also like to add that scrapper can't kill you. You can literally face tank a scrapper and be fine. With the old mirage you will die in 20 seconds or less while you do no damage to it. It was also able to portal back to a node and defend 2 nodes at once.

I remember winning node at mid. 1 guy left to go to my home burning all his cool downs. I basically portaled home. All his cool downs were for naught because 1 skill trumps his. Is this op. I dunno but it's now nerfed to hell.

Now I don't complain about things I feel are annoying. Such as 1 shot Chrono from stealth. It's annoying af. I also still lose to mirage on my warrior which is ok, if I see one either I switch to a different prof or I go else where and play around it. This has basically shot me up to plat. Hopefully get to high p3 this season.

To add. These are the classes I ve been seeing working at p1 and p2

MirageChrono bunkerChrono 1 shotPower mirageStrength warriorSic em rangerBoonbeastDruidScrapperProt holoFirebrandCore guardScourgeReaperSD thiefDp thiefPower revBunker ele1 shot ele

You can find all of these and in different match ups every game. There really isn't 4 scrappers unlike 4 mirages every game last season since having more than 1 scrapper is a pretty bad idea. I would say balance is mostly awesome right now. You can pick and choose any class and have a build ready to play. Most of them can effectively be at high lvling since you can see top 200 players playing these. With the exception of ele.. which could be stronger...and thief dmg cud be buffed slightly.. but those r my personal opinions.

Personally I'm more concerned with making sure the professions and elite specializations have interesting asymmetries than perfect numerical balance. It's why I find stuff like Prot Holo and Strength Spellbreaker's existence kind of offensive. Holosmith was supposed to be a glass cannon so high risk high reward it's in danger of blowing itself. Instead Rifle Holo is a low risk high reward build that's perfectly self sufficient with excellent sustain and disengage and prot holo is among the sturdiest of sidenoders. To me this doesn't make sense. And as my buddy Cuilan can tell you, even before the Gryo rework scrapper was never bad. It's just between the best healing skills in the game, and core traits giving it all the sustain it needs alongside Holosmith's inherent top tier damage it was just hard to justify scrapper over holosmith. And I really don't know how you force Holosmith into the role it was designed for outside of making the entire specialization take 10% more damage as a detrimental trait of the specialization or changing the heat value of skills and forcing them to stay in Photon Forge longer so there is actual risk of overheating unlike there is now. Which is why it's probably easier to just nerf Alchemy and Inventions in a way that makes Holosmith far more risky to play and scrapper will still have the niche of being tanky even if these specializations have reduced effectiveness.

And Spellbreaker is historically one of if not my favorite elite specialization in the game. It's one of my favorite builds to both play and to play against. I loved seeing boonhate and seeing them hit you with skills like Break Enchantments and Full Counter and their damage being tied mostly into those types of skills. I loved seeing them have tons of resistance against conditions. Heck, you even saw some Sight Beyond Sight revealing stealthed theives and mesmers. I loved the flavor of the original Winds of Disenchantment. I loved Spellbreakers as this class that fights you and takes away all of your builds gimmicks, whether it's tons of boons, tons of conditions, tons of stealth, tons of range.

At least it was until Strength Spellbreaker became the range were all the rage. They're not the most obnoxious thing in the game but things have changed for the worse. With Full Counter having pitiful damage, Loss Aversion and Enchantment Collapse never living up to their potential, all spellbreakers are running Magebane Tether which makes it easy to ramp up to 25 might. While I love the flavor of Magebane Tether for it's pull and reveal, with all the might it stacks and with most of the good and fun meditations kitten or power crept over (Why run Featherfoot Grace over Shake it Off cleansing 6 conditions? Why run Winds of Disenchantment and Break Enchantments ever now?) Spellbreakers just feel like power crept warriors, a top tier elite specialization in the most boring of ways. They crit for 8-10k and they have the second best mobility behind thieves and can disengage from any fight going poorly and completely reset so long as they don't over commit to an insane degree. I'm so bummed about how spellbreakers feel now just flavorwise I even made a thread about trying to get some of the

I don't think its bad to point out things you think are toxic for the game overall. In general instant cast damage is just bad. It's why a lot of top tier players hate mantra mesmers in particular. I don't think instant cast mantra interupts, heals and cleanses and stunbreakers are bad for the game healthwise, but I do think Mantra of Pain and instant damage from Distraction combined with Power Lock absolutely are. Same with Jaunt and while Jaunt has had its damage and confusion heavily nerfed I still think the instant cast damage on them should just be taken away completely in PvP.

While I don't think tanky builds in general are bad, I do think builds that both facetank and resustain against damage rather than actively mitigate it with dodges, profession skills and kiting are unhealthy. I have a lot of respect for good spellbreakers. You can tell the ones that are good from the bad ones just from how they move. You can see good ones actually predict incoming bursts correctly and shield block and full counter as needed in the midst of the fight while the bad ones just shield block on their way to the node and rampage at you as soon as they get there and you just kill them. Illusion Mirage is the same (Chaos Mirage is another matter all together sadly). With scrapper? I genuinely can't tell the difference between people with the God of PvP title playing scrapper and what gold and silvers play like. All of them just roll through their skills, just face tanking and resustaining key bursts in ways other side noders just can't and don't. Scrappers being defensive is fine, but that defensive strength should come from actively and proper timing their projectile reflection and destruction correctly, about timing their evades correctly, about timing their blocks and CC correctly, from using the terrain and jumping puzzles to line of sight incoming damage and kiting. Not just allowing every faceroll scrapper to shrug off damage as long as its not a 30k power burst thrown at them in under 2 seconds.

I agree with some of the above but I don't think warrior is over powered since there are many classes which really destroy warrior. It's has very limited Condi removal and unblockable bursts such as rev ones can absolutely destroy a warrior. Sure it had big dps but u have to land it. Warrior animations are the most obvs. That's why you see warrior duels last for a long time. Pre strength dagger b4 ppl discovered it after fc nerf warior was basically useless. U can't survive as well as other side noders and u do no dmg. In my opinion warrior is the most balanced class. Since u have big telegraphed skills, a limited number of evades and blocks. U have to time how long u can stay and u have to land. That's completely the definition of fair.Unlike classes u cant see can't hit and u slowly die from not being able to do anything.

From reading ur other posts u believe war mobility such as gs 3 and 5 will u out of any trouble that's simply not true. If there are any roamers such as rev thief or ranger. They will absolutely chase u down. And that's fine because that's their role.

There is a difference between low level scrapper and plat level scrappers. Scrappers at a low level spam all skills then u can just burst them. High level scrappers time their blocks and evades. There are plenty of players I know in my guild that thought scrap would carry them. It carried them straight back to silver 2.

'Guild Wars 2 – That Time I Became Godly'

https://www.mmorpg.com/guild-wars-2/columns/guild-wars-2-that-time-i-became-godly-1000013562

'The joke that gets played on the players every patch is, the hope that a widely disliked build will become less effective, and someone else’s preferred class increases in power. It’s all wishful thinking, and outlines the severe unbalance, and ridiculousness that is the current state of Structured PvP in GW2. All that being said, it looks like the Scrapper is back at the top of the totem pole, and to that I can only say, I’ll see you on the battlefield'

@"Burnfall.9573" said:'Guild Wars 2 – That Time I Became Godly'

https://www.mmorpg.com/guild-wars-2/columns/guild-wars-2-that-time-i-became-godly-1000013562

'The joke that gets played on the players every patch is, the hope that a widely disliked build will become less effective, and someone else’s preferred class increases in power. It’s all wishful thinking, and outlines the severe unbalance, and ridiculousness that is the current state of Structured PvP in GW2. All that being said, it looks like the Scrapper is back at the top of the totem pole, and to that I can only say, I’ll see you on the battlefield'

No such thing as bad publicity I guess?

@"Zenix.6198" said:barrier on getting hitmuch funvery interactive

i still remember how arena net nerfed warrior's healing signet cause it gave like 350 per tick and it was too much

then they added the scrapper trait that gives like 1300 barrier every 3 seconds which is basically better/more

then they also added "might makes it right" to warrior so now it heals for even more than it did before, but their justification to nerf healing signet was that the healing was too much

and now it's more

omegalul

Archived