EB the new EOTM & why eotm should have pips.

Jabari.7026

@Rumba.3174 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:It's funny: you disguise a noob hate post as trying to help them. 'Oh noes. People are playing my game mode.....'

Kinda funny if it wasn't sort of ill intentioned.

How is this a noob hate when i've said cupple of times i like to have new players to wvw?This post is more like complaining about that ppl just afk in pvp league just so they get the loot, they not playing the game mode. This is very simluar to the eotm ppl that come to core wvw they just want those pips and don't care about the game mode it self.

You don't want them clogging up YOUR maps. You want them out and in EOTM.

So yeah. It's noob hate disguised as helping. It's ok. Just call it what it is. ;)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:It's funny: you disguise a noob hate post as trying to help them. 'Oh noes. People are playing my game mode.....'

How is this a noob hate when i've said cupple of times i like to have new players to wvw?This post is more like complaining about that ppl just afk in pvp league just so they get the loot, they not playing the game mode. This is very simluar to the eotm ppl that come to core wvw they just want those pips and don't care about the game mode it self.

So yeah. It's noob hate disguised as helping. It's ok. Just call it what it is. ;)

nice straw man.

@Rumba.3174 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:

nice straw man.

That would take an actual argument. It's just pointing out a fact.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:

nice straw man.

no its pure straw man what you are doing you got nothing to back it up as facts.

• Eotm = Pug wvw.
  • Core WvW = organized groups fights.

Pretty plainly, this smacks of elitism. People are free to do "pug wvw" wherever they like, and they're free to do "organized group fights" wherever they like.

I find the idea that new players to WvW, even "EOTM players", should not be drawn to WvW for the rewards perplexing on a personal motive level. Do you not want new people getting into the gamemode proper? It seems odd to suggest that they should stay 'in their place' in the waiting room of WvW.

@Rumba.3174 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:

nice straw man.

no its pure straw man what you are doing you got nothing to back it up as facts.

Nope. Just pointing out what you have said and identifying it as what I feel it is. :3

@Sarrs.4831 said:

• Eotm = Pug wvw.
  • Core WvW = organized groups fights.

Pretty plainly, this smacks of elitism. People are free to do "pug wvw" wherever they like, and they're free to do "organized group fights" wherever they like.

I find the idea that new players to WvW, even "EOTM players", should not be drawn to WvW for the rewards perplexing on a personal motive level. Do you not want new people getting into the gamemode proper? It seems odd to suggest that they should stay 'in their place' in the waiting room of WvW.

You are quite late in the discussion read up on it, I’ve answered those very questions already.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:

nice straw man.

Nope. Just pointing out what you have said and identifying it as what I feel it is. :3

HAHAHAHA right cos feelings are facts xD haha thanks you made me smile there :)

Man, this thread is a hard read.On the one hand I agree, on the other: WvW is lost anyway, no matter whether you shift the PvE players to EotM or not. Wouldn't really make a difference. But I get your sentiment. WvW got a lot harder when pips were introduced, but at the same time I think necros got a buff - zerg/blob fights became a mess and no one tagged up anymore. I guess it hasn't gotten any better with PoF, so I guess people are leaving anyway. Give it some time.

ETA: I have no idea whether it was the PvE players or the balance patch in this case, but I know that an existing wvw crowd can't buffer too many new faces. That's nothing personal, just how it is.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:

@atticus.5284 said:WvW + its modes
  • Core WvW
    * Edge of the mists

Only one correction - Edge of the mists is not WvW

Right... cos you don't get wxp nor have ranks and Abilites there. Heck eotm is not even in the WvW tab.

Again you want Mist War Rewards for not playing the Mist War, again that's like asking for Raid Rewards to be handed out in Dungeons because they are both PvE

And if you could leech raid rewards and raids were filled with leechers who take up the fixed number of raid spots in the game and clog up the raid queue, then I'd advocate exactly that.

Whether or not EotM is WvW is besides the point. The point is whether or not you want EotM players in mist skirmishes.

@Jana.6831 said:Man, this thread is a hard read.On the one hand I agree, on the other: WvW is lost anyway, no matter whether you shift the PvE players to EotM or not. Wouldn't really make a difference. But I get your sentiment. WvW got a lot harder when pips were introduced, but at the same time I think necros got a buff - zerg/blob fights became a mess and no one tagged up anymore. I guess it hasn't gotten any better with PoF, so I guess people are leaving anyway. Give it some time.

ETA: I have no idea whether it was the PvE players or the balance patch in this case, but I know that an existing wvw crowd can't buffer too many new faces. That's nothing personal, just how it is.

Yeah you’re right, a lot of wvw:ers are not willing to help new players. That’s just hurting the game mode. It’s very similar behavior as PvE Raids they want you do to research before you enter.

@Rumba.3174 said:Yeah you’re right, a lot of wvw:ers are not willing to help new players. That’s just hurting the game mode. It’s very similar behavior as PvE Raids they want you do to research before you enter.

I am willing to help, but how should I know they're new?When I was new I was asking all kinds of questions in chat and people explained everything to me. It seems as if people just expect us to explain stuff - and honestly; I've got better things to do than holding curtain-lectures.

@Rumba.3174 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:

• Core WvW
    * Edge of the mists

Right... cos you don't get wxp nor have ranks and Abilites there. Heck eotm is not even in the WvW tab.

Again you want Mist War Rewards for not playing the Mist War, again that's like asking for Raid Rewards to be handed out in Dungeons because they are both PvE

No it's like asking both stronghold and conquest to get the pip system.

Which is still the same as asking Raid Rewards in Dungeons since they are both PvE.

Just because Stronghold is PvP doesn't mean it gets the League Rewards.

See how there are main Gamemodes with subsets under them? See how each subset has different rewards? See how Mist Wars is completely different from EotM?

Again it's not a difficult concept EotM doesn't = The Mist award so EotM doesn't get the Mist War Rewards.

They both fall under WvW but again the Pips are Mist War exclusive as stated by the Devs.

Again a very simple concept.

And one last time, EotM is there as an overflow while players wait for queue into The Mist Wars.

No it's like asking diffrent raid wings to have simluar loot. it's like asking diffrent dungeons have simular loot.See how unfair it is to those who want to pug wvw? See why the queues are so high? See why eotm lost players?Again a very simple concept.

No it's like you asking Unranked gets Ranked League Rewards.

See they are both sPvP but they are different and have different rewards, just likeThe Mist Wars and EotM.

You seem to be stretching here you keep claiming that Since EotM falls under WvW that it should get The Mist Wars Rewards, yet try to claim is different from if Unranked got League Rewards, and if Dungeons got Raid Rewards because you know they are both PvE.

Remember EotM is just an queue overflow that functions on the fundamental level completely differently than The Mist War, and why they have separate rewards, just like those other examples.

The Pips aren't WvW rewards they are Mist War Rewards.

Again it's a very simple concept even a skritt can understand.

As i said many many times eotm has become something of it's own with time, yes dev made it do be a overflow for the que but that's not what it ended up to be in the community. You seem to be stuck in 2014 when eotm came out. It's so simple that even a 5 year old can understand things change with time.

EotM still isn’t part of ThebMist Wars since is is fundamentally completely different from WvW, that it doesn’t get the rewards.

It’s so simple to understand.

And EotM hasn’t changed it’s literally stayed the same especially with the advent of the pip system it’s still just an overflow for the queue system. Sorry but there have been zero hanged to EotM since it shipped, besides the Livins World Season 1 events being removed, and the General WvW rework,(note how I said WvW not Mist War).

Again EotM is nothing more than an overflow that isn’t part of The Mist War and doesn’t get the Mist War Rewards, no matter how much certain people complain about it.

Again show how EotM has changed and where the Devs have stated EotM has changed and that it serves a different purpose than what it was originally designed/intended for. I’ll wait.

Have you even been in eotm the past year?How does it hurt anybody to have pips/nerfed pips in eotm? I'll wait.

Again show the proof that EotM has changed to other than the initial concept, I have shown Anets stance on what EotM is and what they want for it, you have not, you have only stated your opinion, of it changing which it hasn’t all that has changed since EotM was introduced was the removal of Living World Season 1 events and the General WvW changes, and of you wanting EotM to have Mist War Rewards when it isn’t Mist War. So far you have yet to show any proof to back up these changes you claim.

Again this is equivalent to if you were asking League Rewards to be handed out in Unranked.

@Jana.6831 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:Yeah you’re right, a lot of wvw:ers are not willing to help new players. That’s just hurting the game mode. It’s very similar behavior as PvE Raids they want you do to research before you enter.

I am willing to help, but how should I know they're new?When I was new I was asking all kinds of questions in chat and people explained everything to me. It seems as if people just expect us to explain stuff - and honestly; I've got better things to do than holding curtain-lectures.

The rank is often a dead give away, if not they as common new player questions or even better they say they are new.Yeah at times its really anoying to have to explain stuff 1000 times, but in the end if u keep at it you have a good teamate and a teamate that's willing to learn since you took the effort to explain.

@Rumba.3174 said:The rank is often a dead give away, if not they as common new player questions or even better they say they are new.Yeah at times its really anoying to have to explain stuff 1000 times, but in the end if u keep at it you have a good teamate and a teamate that's willing to learn since you took the effort to explain.

I don't advise enemy players how to play WvW.And no one says they're new, they just zerg down camps - that's why I said I'm answering any questions but they need to be asked.What is your stance here, want the PvE players out of wvw or the wvw players? ;)

ETA: Again: I know that wvw took a huuuge turn to the worse with introduction of the pips, but, like i said, I have no idea whether it was the balance patch that came with it or too many PvE players who never say they've got a question.ETA²: And it seems there was no balance patch that came with it, I'm too lazy to search when and what was balanced and I also don't know whether or not I get the timeline (when happend what and what was the possible cause) right anyway.

@Sarrs.4831 said:

You are quite late in the discussion read up on it, I’ve answered those very questions already.

Forgive me for skimreading; where have you retracted the assertion that WvW is only for organised groups?

Not sure if you mean core WvW or eotm.But i command both and due to that eotm is multi server on the same side it's hard to get any VoIP going so it's aways pug command thus pug wvw.Core wvw is more organised since just for the fact you use VoIP, aslo fixing the squad is a must in Core WvW else you just get rekt by the enemy's.

The OP is about giving the eotm pips/nerfed pips since gameplay wise they are driffrent modes one is more serious than the other. It's like Dugeons/eotm and Raids/Core WvW. But due to that eotm does not get the pip reward they flock over in the q and they just not into that more serious wvw thus the comanders are very restricted in what they can do. By giving eotm pips rewards they can do what they like in eotm and those who want more serious wvw can do what they like the most, not to meantion the q gets shorter.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:

• Core WvW
    * Edge of the mists

Which is still the same as asking Raid Rewards in Dungeons since they are both PvE.

See how there are main Gamemodes with subsets under them? See how each subset has different rewards? See how Mist Wars is completely different from EotM?

Again it's not a difficult concept EotM doesn't = The Mist award so EotM doesn't get the Mist War Rewards.

They both fall under WvW but again the Pips are Mist War exclusive as stated by the Devs.

And one last time, EotM is there as an overflow while players wait for queue into The Mist Wars.

No it's like asking diffrent raid wings to have simluar loot. it's like asking diffrent dungeons have simular loot.See how unfair it is to those who want to pug wvw? See why the queues are so high? See why eotm lost players?Again a very simple concept.

See they are both sPvP but they are different and have different rewards, just likeThe Mist Wars and EotM.

You seem to be stretching here you keep claiming that Since EotM falls under WvW that it should get The Mist Wars Rewards, yet try to claim is different from if Unranked got League Rewards, and if Dungeons got Raid Rewards because you know they are both PvE.

Remember EotM is just an queue overflow that functions on the fundamental level completely differently than The Mist War, and why they have separate rewards, just like those other examples.

As i said many many times eotm has become something of it's own with time, yes dev made it do be a overflow for the que but that's not what it ended up to be in the community. You seem to be stuck in 2014 when eotm came out. It's so simple that even a 5 year old can understand things change with time.

EotM still isn’t part of ThebMist Wars since is is fundamentally completely different from WvW, that it doesn’t get the rewards.

And EotM hasn’t changed it’s literally stayed the same especially with the advent of the pip system it’s still just an overflow for the queue system. Sorry but there have been zero hanged to EotM since it shipped, besides the Livins World Season 1 events being removed, and the General WvW rework,(note how I said WvW not Mist War).

Again EotM is nothing more than an overflow that isn’t part of The Mist War and doesn’t get the Mist War Rewards, no matter how much certain people complain about it.

Again show how EotM has changed and where the Devs have stated EotM has changed and that it serves a different purpose than what it was originally designed/intended for. I’ll wait.

Have you even been in eotm the past year?How does it hurt anybody to have pips/nerfed pips in eotm? I'll wait.

Again show the proof that EotM has changed to other than the initial concept, I have shown Anets stance on what EotM is and what they want for it, you have not, you have only stated your opinion, of it changing which it hasn’t all that has changed since EotM was introduced was the removal of Living World Season 1 events and the General WvW changes, and of you wanting EotM to have Mist War Rewards when it isn’t Mist War. So far you have yet to show any proof to back up these changes you claim.

Again this is equivalent to if you were asking League Rewards to be handed out in Unranked.

What anet wants is not the be all and end all. Just look at dugeons as i've said. The proof is there just by playing the game mode, thats why i asked if u even have played it. Just by saying something does not make it so, actions speak more than words. Their initial concept is not what it came to be. it's just as simple as that. For expample they wanted dungoens to be this hard core end game mode but it did not become that.If you can't get the grasp of it, then i may as well stop this disscusion with you since it won't lead to anything.

@Rumba.3174 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:

• Core WvW
    * Edge of the mists

What anet wants is not the be all and end all. Just look at dugeons as i've said. The proof is there just by playing the game mode, thats why i asked if u even have played it. Just by saying something does not make it so, actions speak more than words. Their initial concept is not what it came to be. it's just as simple as that. For expample they wanted dungoens to be this hard core end game mode but it did not become that.If you can't get the grasp of it, then i may as well stop this disscusion with you since it won't lead to anything.

So you have no proof to back anything up, and your Dungeons comparison fails since the entire Dungeon team left in later 2012 early 2013 and Anet stated Dungeons are abandoned content, and guess what there is proof to back that up.

So again show proof of your claims, which are again just opinions and not fact, I will wait.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:

• Core WvW
    * Edge of the mists

So you have no proof to back anything up, and your Dungeons comparison fails since the entire Dungeon team left in later 2012 early 2013 and Anet stated Dungeons are abandoned content, and guess what there is proof to back that up.

So again show proof of your claims, which are again just opinions and not fact, I will wait.

seems like you haven't played the mode and can't get a grasp so im done to reply to you.Have a nice day.

@Jana.6831 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:The rank is often a dead give away, if not they as common new player questions or even better they say they are new.Yeah at times its really anoying to have to explain stuff 1000 times, but in the end if u keep at it you have a good teamate and a teamate that's willing to learn since you took the effort to explain.

I don't advise enemy players how to play WvW.And no one says they're new, they just zerg down camps - that's why I said I'm answering any questions but they need to be asked.What is your stance here, want the PvE players out of wvw or the wvw players? ;)

ETA: Again: I know that wvw took a huuuge turn to the worse with introduction of the pips, but, like i said, I have no idea whether it was the balance patch that came with it or too many PvE players who never say they've got a question.ETA²: And it seems there was no balance patch that came with it, I'm too lazy to search when and what was balanced and I also don't know whether or not I get the timeline (when happend what and what was the possible cause) right anyway.

I'd like to see more pve players and that they become interested in WvW.WvW got some great action and it’s a perfect mode while waiting for next new content.That’s my stance.

Thought the pip system was a nice addition for those who have wvw as their main game mode. But also feel it was not a great move to leave Eotm out since it’s also much loved, since it’s more of a casual wvw. I love both Eotm and Core WvW. Eotm is a great alternative if you just want to do some casual wvw.Might be hard to insert pips system for eotm due to the spaghetti code that is gw2, but definitely think eotm should have it before it becomes deserted like dungeons.

@Rumba.3174 said:I'd like to see more pve players and that they become interested in WvW.WvW got some great action and it’s a perfect mode while waiting for next new content.That’s my stance.

Thought the pip system was a nice addition for those who have wvw as their main game mode. But also feel it was not a great move to leave Eotm out since it’s also much loved, since it’s more of a casual wvw. I love both Eotm and Core WvW. Eotm is a great alternative if you just want to do some casual wvw.Might be hard to insert pips system for eotm due to the spaghetti code that is gw2, but definitely think eotm should have it before it becomes deserted like dungeons.

I want to play my game mode, like everybody wants to play their's. I have no problem with answering questions, but I'm not spamming teamchat with useful tipps. If you want people to learn WvW how about you making a video/post/whatever that people can google?

Your OP sounds otherwise:

@Rumba.3174 said:Sadly eotm did not get the pip system not even a nerfed version, this means they flock over to core wvw since they also want to get in on those fancy stuff, and for good reason. This ended up with two new types of wvw players stuck in one queue. It resulted in that just a fraction of players join VoIP in core wvw, this then leads to flaming and toxicity in the team/map chats.

@Jana.6831 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:I'd like to see more pve players and that they become interested in WvW.WvW got some great action and it’s a perfect mode while waiting for next new content.That’s my stance.

I want to play my game mode, like everybody wants to play their's. I have no problem with answering questions, but I'm not spamming teamchat with useful tipps. If you want people to learn WvW how about you making a video/post/whatever that people can google?

Your OP sounds otherwise:

@Rumba.3174 said:Sadly eotm did not get the pip system not even a nerfed version, this means they flock over to core wvw since they also want to get in on those fancy stuff, and for good reason. This ended up with two new types of wvw players stuck in one queue. It resulted in that just a fraction of players join VoIP in core wvw, this then leads to flaming and toxicity in the team/map chats.

Yes cause there is a difference between liking the game mode and playing it for the sole purpose of getting the loot.If you there for the loot your interest lays just there at the loot and not the game mode, that’s the issue with those from eotm that come to core wvw. They not there for the game mode they there for the loot else they would have stayed in eotm.If you got interest in the game mode then you are willing to learn and start asking questions in team/map chat.

@Rumba.3174 said:If you got interest in the game mode then you are willing to learn and start asking questions in team/map chat.Yeah exactly what I said for now over a page of this useless thread. Make up your mind - you don't even know what you want.

Archived