I feel like Bound of Faith takes some fun out of mounts

@Linken.6345 said:

@"ROMANG.1903" said:

There is a debuff that prevents us from mounting, which lasts just a second after we used Bound of Faith, probably to avoid bugs. I suggest to make that debuff permanent until we reach the ground. This would not only make it feel like a commitment to jump out of our mount, but would also make gliding useful again, because it would become the only way to keep directing ourselves after we jumped out. And it would do all this without breaking the game!

Or you could stop pretending everyone has to play like you and just stop using the power.

Your argument that he "simply not use the ability" is flawed to the core.

For one, it has invalidated gliders main niche since the griffon came out. Glider mechanics, a main mechanic in HoT, has been nearly completely obliterated with this change.

For two, it has changed the gameplay of not only the OP, but the nature of the open world. It is certainly valid for him to state as much and to suggest that it be reverted.

What about people who dont have hot they need to be able to mount the griffon or they die useing the skill.

what are you talking about? i dont really support the OP but this statement is just plain false... you take no fall damage after using bond of faith... period... no matter how far you fall.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Opopanax.1803" said:Your argument that he "simply not use the ability" is flawed to the core.

Is it?

For one, it has invalidated gliders main niche since the griffon came out. Glider mechanics, a main mechanic in HoT, has been nearly completely obliterated with this change.

Maybe, but you still can’t mount when in combat. But you can still glide. So if you’re shot down in the air, you got a glider as a failsafe. The glider still has its use, and still is a good addition to an account that doesn’t want to get the Griffon. I know I still use my glider, but it could never do speedy long distance like the Griffon can. Upon using bond of faith, I glide as soon as possible for stability then mount up. It’s rare I let myself fall to the ground on bond of faith (it is great fun though)

For two, it has changed the gameplay of not only the OP, but the nature of the open world. It is certainly valid for him to state as much and to suggest that it be reverted.

Many things have changed the nature of the open world. Should all of them be reverted by this logic? Bond of Faith is the smallest change to happen to the game in the grand scheme of things. Game developers are always trying to add improvements and better mechanics to their projects.Being critical of them is fine, but the OP has garnered zero support with this one, the forums are not an echo chamber.

@Adrianna.3092 said:

@"ROMANG.1903" said:

There is a debuff that prevents us from mounting, which lasts just a second after we used Bound of Faith, probably to avoid bugs. I suggest to make that debuff permanent until we reach the ground. This would not only make it feel like a commitment to jump out of our mount, but would also make gliding useful again, because it would become the only way to keep directing ourselves after we jumped out. And it would do all this without breaking the game!

Or you could stop pretending everyone has to play like you and just stop using the power.

Your argument that he "simply not use the ability" is flawed to the core.

What about people who dont have hot they need to be able to mount the griffon or they die useing the skill.

what are you talking about? i dont really support the OP but this statement is just plain false... you take no fall damage after using bond of faith... period... no matter how far you fall.

Cough well since you are falling I assumed you did, never wanting to try it I always deplyed my glider before hitting the ground =)

@"Opopanax.1803" said:For one, it has invalidated gliders main niche since the griffon came out. Glider mechanics, a main mechanic in HoT, has been nearly completely obliterated with this change.Updrafts and Ley Lines ensure this is not the case. The glider is still every bit as relevant in the content it was designed for (HoT) as ever. Moreover, if you do the content "in order" the glider is 100% needed to complete Heart of Thorns.

For two, it has changed the gameplay of not only the OP, but the nature of the open world. It is certainly valid for him to state as much and to suggest that it be reverted.They have not retrofitted any content in Core Tyria to require a mount for completion.As long as this remains the case, your statement is false.Core Tyria has not changed, only the way you choose to experience it.

Archived