Instant Kill - Outnumber Buff Proposal - WvW

Add more blocks in for high dmg effects and remove the abitly to hid / make unblockable for one shot effects. CoR dose too much dmg and is too hard to see and its to hard to block on such a low cd (most rev dmg effects are like this).

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:AFK pip heroes are a separate issue from the function of the outnumbered buff. I did not move the goalpost. You brought a separate issue which I then addressed. Granted afk pip farming is an issue with an obvious solution, kick inactive players more quickly. If Anet doesn't want the QQ from that, then they can introduce pips back into EotM, put a permanent max pips buff there, and let people who don't even WvW go not-WvW there.

Happy?

How am I ‘bringing up a separate issue’ when the below is your statement?

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Problem: population imbalance.Actual solution: merge servers so that WvW populations are somewhat normalized. This is done in MMOs when server pops become to imbalanced for healthy PvP.

Bandage solution: Make the Outmanned buff give increased defense, reduced condi damage recieved, reduced condi duration received, increase outgoing damage and condi damage. Remove the extra pips, add +5 pips to base pip gain.

The bandage solution dissuades zergs from overloading maps, and helps the underdog team on an overloaded map. Removing the extra pips from outmanned and adding them to the base pips removes some afk abuse.

You said it right there. I spoke to that.

But hey. Have a good day.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:AFK pip heroes are a separate issue from the function of the outnumbered buff. I did not move the goalpost. You brought a separate issue which I then addressed. Granted afk pip farming is an issue with an obvious solution, kick inactive players more quickly. If Anet doesn't want the QQ from that, then they can introduce pips back into EotM, put a permanent max pips buff there, and let people who don't even WvW go not-WvW there.

Happy?

How am I ‘bringing up a separate issue’ when the below is your statement?

Problem
: population imbalance.
Actual solution
: merge servers so that WvW populations are somewhat normalized. This is done in MMOs when server pops become to imbalanced for healthy PvP.

Bandage solution
: Make the Outmanned buff give increased defense, reduced condi damage recieved, reduced condi duration received, increase outgoing damage and condi damage. Remove the extra pips, add +5 pips to base pip gain.

The bandage solution dissuades zergs from overloading maps, and helps the underdog team on an overloaded map.
Removing the extra pips from outmanned and adding them to the base pips removes some afk abuse.

You said it right there. I spoke to that.

But hey. Have a good day.

Whatevs mate. Life is short, go get a beer.

Archived