Dragonfall Slayer APs

Is it me or is it a bit frustrating that most events you do to help the meta progress, the mobs don't count towards slayer achievements (1000 kills). I find myself just ignoring big events and killing random mobs to get credit for kills. Is there best way of completing this that i'm missing?

It does feel a little weird that it doesn't count event mobs. I get not wanting people to farm the events that endlessly spawn enemies until you kill the main one, but still...

When I first saw the achievements I figured they would be something that I would get passively over time as I played the map, but nope.

@Trinnitty.8256 said:Is it me or is it a bit frustrating that most events you do to help the meta progress, the mobs don't count towards slayer achievements (1000 kills). I find myself just ignoring big events and killing random mobs to get credit for kills. Is there best way of completing this that i'm missing?

@Mewcifer.5198 said:It does feel a little weird that it doesn't count event mobs. I get not wanting people to farm the events that endlessly spawn enemies until you kill the main one, but still...

When I first saw the achievements I figured they would be something that I would get passively over time as I played the map, but nope.

Don't know about you, but I think it depends on the event...I've gotten some of the levels during different events so it does count some of them...perhaps just the events that take place before the big push to the final battle(I'm thinking the ones where you get all the bases to maximum level and you begin the assault on Kralk).

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@Trinnitty.8256 said:Is it me or is it a bit frustrating that most events you do to help the meta progress, the mobs don't count towards slayer achievements (1000 kills). I find myself just ignoring big events and killing random mobs to get credit for kills. Is there best way of completing this that i'm missing?

@Mewcifer.5198 said:It does feel a little weird that it doesn't count event mobs. I get not wanting people to farm the events that endlessly spawn enemies until you kill the main one, but still...

Don't know about you, but I think it depends on the event...I've gotten some of the levels during different events so it does count some of them...perhaps just the events that take place before the big push to the final battle(I'm thinking the ones where you get all the bases to maximum level and you begin the assault on Kralk).

I think it's just the type of mob, not the event . . .

It is a slow cheeve as a result, but I haven't finished the 25 metas cheeve yet and I'm already done with underworld, over halfway on happy forest creatures. Burning forest creatures are lagging behind a good bit, I'll prolly finish the metas before I finish those . . .

I observed this closely and it is as follows:

1. you only get credit for these slayer achievements from mobs specific to those areas; branded enemies DO NOT COUNT.
  2. it does not matter how those area-specific mobs appear, they still give credit if they are just roaming the map or they are from event.
  3. some events in the buildup meta have area-specific mobs, but most have branded.
  4. the final meta events have only branded mobs so those will not give you anything; however, the endmeta is where the loot is so you want to do it as well. Plus, there is an achievement to complete endmeta 20 times I think (to get credit for this achievement you must also fight the 3 bosses that spawn midfight, it's not sufficient to just tag the weak spot events!).

It's not that hard to get these achievements but you have to kinda focus on them a bit and go out of your way to kill the right mobs. I found this easier in the UW side of the map since the specific mobs spawn there in larger groups than in the other areas, but it's doable in the other areas as well.

Just find fresh maps and stick to one area until you get your 1k, then move on to the next one. Ranged weapons will help in events since there are many people and mobs die fast and you don't get to tag them all in melee.

It's what I farm now when I am in DF, I just tag up and do one of the areas. You don't even need to shout for people to come, they will flock to the tag.

Nope, to get this AP apparently you're not supposed to be participating in events to support the Pact and its allies assault on Kralk and Co, rather you should be mindlessly slaughtering random creatures / anything you see as you trample through the landscape. Best done on a Charr character for RP purposes.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

Nope, to get this AP apparently you're not supposed to be participating in events to support the Pact and its allies assault on Kralk and Co, rather you should be mindlessly slaughtering random creatures / anything you see as you trample through the landscape. Best done on a Charr character for RP purposes.

haha yeah i'm pretty much ignoring meta events let the sheep do it for me and I join in when kralk is ready.

Archived