Can we get a account/shared crafting option, Outsourcing?

After all these years in Gw2 it's gotten a little tedious changing characters to use the different disciplines.

There are so many things to craft split across the various classes that it's impossible for any one class to craft everything they can use on just 2 disciplines.You could invest in a few Additional Crafting Licenses but for a lot of us old timers we had already maxed out a lot of our disciplines long before the Additional Crafting Licence even came into the game.. that said it's still impossible for any 1 character to learn every discipline at any one time.Leveling up a discipline more than once is a significant waste of resources and ultimately unnecessary as well which leaves the overall decent crafting system a little messy in how accessable it is.

If I want to make a new set of armor for a new character I gotta log out and into a specific character, craft the gear, then make room in my bank to transfer it etc.If my Ranger with 2 maxed disciplines needs a new Sword I gotta swap to another character to make it and again transfer it through the bank because one of those disciplines isn't weaponsmith.

It's just a little bit clumsy and after all these years a little tiresome to use in this way.

So how about adding a shared/account box/tab for crafting? could call it an outsourcing box.This feature could even be sold in the gemstore as an outsourcing license/contract that when purchased (I think 200 gems per licence would be a fair price) it could allow you to make 1 maxed out crafting discipline of your choice available to all characters on your account via a second crafting tab called outsourcing.Mechanically it would just be shared crafting but in game it would seem like your character with the maxed out discipline is taking crafting orders from your current character.Simply go to a crafting bench and instead of crafting in the characters personal tab which would remain the same, click outsourcing and all the items available to your character with 500 in that discipline are right there for you to access, craftable at any level but naturally you get no exp reward for outsourcing.

This would be a very convinient thing to have imo and I'd gladly pay money to have my maxed disciplines accessable to all my characters at any time.No more swapping characters just to make a pair of shoes or a staff.It'll be more convinient to make gear in advance for the next few levels a new character is coming up to without having to change character or transfer those items through the bank, nor going back to the bank after level up because we forgot to take it out lolLikewise I can full gear any character whether new build or new lvl 80 without having to swap multiple times to different characters to make armour, trinkets and various weapons.

I dunno how others feel but this is one convinience I'd like to have in this game, and one i'd gladly pay money for.

Interesting idea. I think I would pay for this as well. It'd be one of those little quality of life things. Making something but oh, you need your jeweler to craft something for it. Log out. Log into jeweler. Make item. Put in bank. Log out. Log in. Collect item from bank. FINALLY go back to making...wait what was I making?

@Etria.3642 said:Interesting idea. I think I would pay for this as well. It'd be one of those little quality of life things. Making something but oh, you need your jeweler to craft something for it. Log out. Log into jeweler. Make item. Put in bank. Log out. Log in. Collect item from bank. FINALLY go back to making...wait what was I making?

Lol I know this feeling well. :)

a shared/account box/tab for crafting? could call it an outsourcing boxWe can use shared inventory for that.

I don't find this to be a huge problem using a single crafting license bonus.

• I limited the number of characters bothering with crafting.
  • Each has a weapon, armor, and utility (jewel|chef), so each can be self-sufficient for most things, e.g. daily ascended crafting
  • Recipes are shared account wide now.

It's only remotely an issue for two situations that hardly ever come up.

• Forging legendaries and that's a rare occurrence for most of us
  • Assembly line production of a variety of weapons, e.g. 6 Astral weapons and I want to make the inscriptions once rather than on different toons. This is also rare.

I'm not against the idea, as it would be more convenient. I just would rather see other QoL changes first, because I think this one already can be managed without too much trouble.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

a shared/account box/tab for crafting? could call it an outsourcing boxWe can use shared inventory for that.

I don't find this to be a huge problem using a single crafting license bonus.
  • I limited the number of characters bothering with crafting.
  • Each has a weapon, armor, and utility (jewel|chef), so each can be self-sufficient for most things, e.g. daily ascended crafting
  • Recipes are shared account wide now.

It's only remotely an issue for two situations that hardly ever come up.
  • Forging legendaries and that's a rare occurrence for most of us
  • Assembly line production of a variety of weapons, e.g. 6 Astral weapons and I want to make the inscriptions once rather than on different toons. This is also rare.

I'm not against the idea, as it would be more convenient. I just would rather see other QoL changes first, because I think this one already can be managed without too much trouble.

There's probably a lot of QOL ideas that are better than this, I just wanted to put this one on the table though.

I don't think shared inventory slots are a viable alternative though, I've got a good few of them myself but they're all in use.Transferring trinkets, armour and weapons to a new character using them would require a decent amount of them or a fair few relogs, easier to use the bank in that case.

I guess it's not much of an issue for newer players who bought the additional crafting licence.I've been here since Gw2 beta though so I already had my crafts maxed out long before they came into the game, that kinda makes the additional licences pointless for me.