Caffeinated Skritt Burglar

@dchsknight.3042 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:Hi guys!

I just wanted to sayWhoever had the idea to put this Event into the Specialization Collections is pure twisted evil.

"Ok here is a checklist""You have todo this stuff 9 times""Oh also you have kill this Skirtt that spawned randomly on a map , which can be spawned be anyone"

GOOD LUCK FINDING IT 9 TIMES!

It is not spawned randomly. They spawn in fixed locations and it is cycles between those locations. All you need do is circle around the known locations and you will find one. OR get into a LFG for it.

It IS spawned at a random location on the Map. There are multiple spot the chest can spawn. If you go to spot A and it is not there , there is a good chance that when you run to Spot B it was already killed there (or not killed ). So you could run from spot to spot and never see the event. even if you know all the spots.(which means you have to get a guide or the wiki to know all the spots and even then who knows where ALL the spots are)

Lfg is nice but very rare. The best methode is to Map Hop using the Lfg. But the sad players that wait in the lfg alone and get happy that finaly someone joins then only to be alone again. ( sorry just used you for map hop)

Thats not good for the game.

Just want to reiterate that you can technically get all 9 classes completed from a single skritt depending on load times and teleport stones. The coffee interactable, which awards the actual item, stays active for a few minutes after a skritt dies. During this time you can cycle through your characters. Worst case, you'll only have enough time for one extra character but that still beats doing it nine times.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@dchsknight.3042 said:

I just wanted to sayWhoever had the idea to put this Event into the Specialization Collections is pure twisted evil.

"Ok here is a checklist""You have todo this stuff 9 times""Oh also you have kill this Skirtt that spawned randomly on a map , which can be spawned be anyone"

It is not spawned randomly. They spawn in fixed locations and it is cycles between those locations. All you need do is circle around the known locations and you will find one. OR get into a LFG for it.

It IS spawned at a random location on the Map. There are multiple spot the chest can spawn. If you go to spot A and it is not there , there is a good chance that when you run to Spot B it was already killed there (or not killed ). So you could run from spot to spot and never see the event. even if you know all the spots.(which means you have to get a guide or the wiki to know all the spots and even then who knows where ALL the spots are)

Lfg is nice but very rare. The best methode is to Map Hop using the Lfg. But the sad players that wait in the lfg alone and get happy that finaly someone joins then only to be alone again. ( sorry just used you for map hop)

we must be playing different games, because that is not how it works in game. I have litereally done 2 collections so far and I found my first chest by running from Known location to known location. Took about 20 mins. And then I did a LFG. took like 5 mins.

Sounds to me like you dont want to do any work.

@dchsknight.3042 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@dchsknight.3042 said:

we must be playing different games, because that is not how it works in game. I have litereally done 2 collections so far and I found my first chest by running from Known location to known location. Took about 20 mins. And then I did a LFG. took like 5 mins.

Sounds to me like you dont want to do any work.

To be fair most people want to play games for fun not to work. ;)

@marelooke.9708 said:Do you even need to kill him? Pretty sure for my Deadeye collection I just looted the chest after others killed him... (didn't make it there in time to participate...)

No. You just need to interact with the coffee object that drops in the group after he dies. I've seen people collect that item for multiple characters off a single kill.

I have to agree, hunting down Caffeinated Skritt is a real pain. I've entirely played through PoF story, cleared all maps, got the griffon, maxed all masteries and have completed all bounties, which is a lot of map running. Guess what? I've seen the skritt only once during all of that play time.

Moral of the story is: Waiting and hunting RNG aspects is overly tedious and no fun at all.This is similar to Elisa's location and merchant list changing weekly/daily. It's just overly tedious for the rewards provided.Also similar to 25 quartz crystals in to 1 charged quart crystal being limited to 1 per day. I mean... ffs now... the time it takes to build a cele setup.

Just as a du.m.b question from someone, who has killed so far by accident coincidentally just such a coffee skritt once and doesn#t knew, what he was doing, because it looked just like the usual skritt event where a skritt with loot bag runs away from you ...

What exactly is so special about this Caffinated Skritt?

Do you get some kind of unique special reward or so from killign this poor skritt 9 times? Like a Title or an Item with a Skin that you can earn only this way?

Or what is to interesting about this Skritt, that people care about it to hunt it down 9 times???

@Orpheal.8263 said:Just as a du.m.b question from someone, who has killed so far by accident coincidentally just such a coffee skritt once and doesn#t knew, what he was doing, because it looked just like the usual skritt event where a skritt with loot bag runs away from you ...

What exactly is so special about this Caffinated Skritt?

Do you get some kind of unique special reward or so from killign this poor skritt 9 times? Like a Title or an Item with a Skin that you can earn only this way?

Or what is to interesting about this Skritt, that people care about it to hunt it down 9 times???

The PoF specialization collections require an item from the Skritt, which means you have to loot the coffee 9 times, once with each class, to complete them all. You do need the collections unlocked however to obtain the items.

ah, ok, thats why this poor rat gets so hunted ^^ lol yeah, I myself didn#t concentrated myself this liek like I did on the E-Specs to unlock them all immediately ec.t but this time i focused myself first on my main character and the story, which is why I haven#t realized yet, what I need to do all, to unlock my PoF specs ascended spec weapons ;)

So thank you for the info.

Archived