Not a Real Game

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so what's a "real" game to you?

A game that you have to pay - repeatedly - in order to be able to play, with gear "progression" that gets voided every new expansion to add yet another tier of endless grind? And then, once you reach the top tier of gear.........do it all over again for the next tier, next expansion! What fun, what meaningful achievements...not. Is a "real" game one where you rely on RNG being merciful to award you that precious, precious loot?

Is GW2 not a "real" game because it doesn't keep churning out what you deem "expansion-worthy" content, which is...what, exactly? The aforementioned gear grind? New raids? Anything else?

Not a "real" game...what nonsense.

@Mortifera.6138 said:

Why do you want to play a shooter in an MMO? Go play a shooter if you want a shooter.

Why do the sniper rifles look like they came out of a shooter? I thought this was a game with its own unique MMO style, not a fake game that shows a preview of how cool real games are.

Also, how is LW any different than an expansion aside from it being spread out over time?

Maps not as big or detailed, no espec, no free QoL improvement such as mounts or gliders, etc.

Maybe because it's better to have a variety of different skins to appeal to different people. What a concept.

I'd personally rather get smaller portions of expansion like content (that they give you for free) over time rather than a big expansion after years of waiting.

My point exactly - they are trying to appeal to everyone, even people who like shooters and can't afford to play them, so they're playing this fake game instead. What a concept indeed.

I'm sure many people that play GW2 also play shooters when they want to play a shooter. But when they're playing GW2 they don't want to play a shooter. It's such a random conclusion to make.You're also talking to someone that pays for and plays a sub based MMO, FFXIV, who comes back to GW2 once FFXIV has run out of content because at least old content in GW2 is replayable to some degree. I haven't had issues finding people to do older raids in GW2 yet it took me weeks of sitting in Party Finder in FFXIV just to get a group together to do an old outdated raid just so I could get a chest piece skin.

Yes, this game is made to be played alongside others. That's why it's not a real game but a side game. Unless you're too poor to play real games, then you play GW2 exclusively.

What is this incoherent nonsense really about?