Tear Down Damage and Nerf Some Skills

fewfield.7802

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@fewfield.7802 said:Elementalist range damage is a bit too high and fatal.

thank you for this friendly reminder that there are STILL people playing elementalists !

oh boy you have no clue ... ele are the worst class in WvW and pvp ... ( yes there are some roamer weaver which thinks that their unkillable no damage applying build is great - its not.)

Elementalists so bad their AoE crits for 8-11k.

@"Justine.6351" said:How hard do we really need to curbstomp staff ele?Whats next? Nerf fireball so it only hits 1 target? Remove the evade off Burning Retreat?

just tear down a bit of meteor dmg is enough.

just dont stand in the MASSIVE Aoe Field that you can see

Aoe isn't the only issue when you have Rangers/ Warriors, etc. with their one shot builds. Even Revenant's teleport Hammer skill does about 11.5k crit through 2.3k Toughness and 3.5k Armor. The problem is they need to fix Power/Crit/Ferocity, and make Toughness/Armor work properly or even have how much Dmg% you can take from crit/dmg through those stats. If they like where this Power/Crit/Ferocity one shot builds are, they may as well bring back condition damage and buff it. You can only dodge so much. There are so many red dot AoE spammers in WvWvW that all the red dots on the ground spread around are bigger than contested zones. Before you even dodge, at times, you're already in the down state. So don't even come in here writing "Learn to Dodge", "All you have to do is just Dodge" nonsense.

You can always step outside the area to avoid the bomb but if you stand in the bomb and die to it, no point complaining about how strong skills are just because you can't see what is coming and can't dodge, this is a l2p issue

Not a learn to play issue, but continue to think that like others.

You're right... its not a learn to play issue because literally everyone knows how to use movement skills to step outside of the big red circle.

You could literally press the autorun button.

Yes and you can also gather 50+ AoE spammers many using Crit/Ferocity gear creating a big AoE area. Don't be a fool acting like don't see this, unless you are one of those players who play this way and don't want your builds nerfed. "But you COULD just move". LOL, or they could JUST fix power/crit/ferocity and toughness/armor the right way. Please. You can argue/debate as much as you want on your single reasoning which is "movement", but you fail to realize that movement is very limited on stamina and ability, but you SHOULD know this since you "hence" the master of movement. If you don't have anything beside movement, don't even respond waste of me typing.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Noell.1369 said:

thank you for this friendly reminder that there are STILL people playing elementalists !

oh boy you have no clue ... ele are the worst class in WvW and pvp ... ( yes there are some roamer weaver which thinks that their unkillable no damage applying build is great - its not.)

@"Justine.6351" said:How hard do we really need to curbstomp staff ele?Whats next? Nerf fireball so it only hits 1 target? Remove the evade off Burning Retreat?

Aoe isn't the only issue when you have Rangers/ Warriors, etc. with their one shot builds. Even Revenant's teleport Hammer skill does about 11.5k crit through 2.3k Toughness and 3.5k Armor. The problem is they need to fix Power/Crit/Ferocity, and make Toughness/Armor work properly or even have how much Dmg% you can take from crit/dmg through those stats. If they like where this Power/Crit/Ferocity one shot builds are, they may as well bring back condition damage and buff it. You can only dodge so much. There are so many red dot AoE spammers in WvWvW that all the red dots on the ground spread around are bigger than contested zones. Before you even dodge, at times, you're already in the down state. So don't even come in here writing "Learn to Dodge", "All you have to do is just Dodge" nonsense.

You can always step outside the area to avoid the bomb but if you stand in the bomb and die to it, no point complaining about how strong skills are just because you can't see what is coming and can't dodge, this is a l2p issue

You're right... its not a learn to play issue because literally everyone knows how to use movement skills to step outside of the big red circle.

Yes and you can also gather 50+ AoE spammers many using Crit/Ferocity gear creating a big AoE area. Don't be a fool acting like don't see this, unless you are one of those players who play this way and don't want your builds nerfed. "But you COULD just move". LOL, or they could JUST fix power/crit/ferocity and toughness/armor the right way. Please. You can argue/debate as much as you want on your single reasoning which is "movement", but you fail to realize that movement is very limited on stamina and ability, but you SHOULD know this since you "hence" the master of movement. If you don't have anything beside movement, don't even respond waste of me typing.

Ok... show me 50 players on staff elementalist then.

And you're right.. I would prefer it if they didn't nerf my Tempest again because people don't want to move outside of the big red circle.

Of all things to complain about... its a big red circle with a very slow cast time and long CD from elementalist.

@aspirine.6852 said:I have never seen anyone in WvW general chat complain about staff ele's not their range btw. Ever... If anything the cast time on meteors should be lower to make it a bit more fun to use.

same. when my players die and i see the composition of the enemy. i let my people know. so they can change on the classes that can counter. no matter how good the enemy is, unless they blob x zerg, they still fall against a well timed counter.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

And you're right.. I would prefer it if they didn't nerf my Tempest again because people don't want to move outside of the big red circle.

Of all things to complain about... its a big red circle with a very slow cast time and long CD from elementalist.

I remember the complaints about warrior bubble when PoF came out.Ppl did not want to get out of the bubble so they complained and complained to what we have now.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

I didn't write 50 elementalist, but I did say their AoE does 8k-11k dmg, if you caught that, but people only tend to read what you want. Also, its not only elementalist, which I've also wrote, but continue.

@Noell.1369 said:

I didn't write 50 elementalist, but I did say their AoE does 8k-11k dmg, if you caught that, but people only tend to read what you want. Also, its not only elementalist, which I've also wrote, but continue.

My apologies, we were talking about Elementalist and I didn't realise you had trailed off topic to actually discuss power/precision and ferocity as a seperate subject, I thought you were using a build example for what Meteor Shower would use to accomplish "8-11k dmg".

Not read all the comments here so apologies if this has been mentioned, but my staff weaver takes MASSIVE retaliation damage on nearly every meteor or aoe skill I use. Considering how glassy we have to run to be effective, it's seriously high risk to play staff ele when 30-40% of your HP melts on a single meteor shower. I don't feel like ele damage should be nerfed, but I agree about scourge and rev issues. My issue with rev is how they can build themselves pretty tanky with mar/valk/cav gear and still maintain super high crit chance through roiling mists trait. Scourge has been nerfed a lot already, so I feel like it's unfair calling for more nerfs; I have no idea what a good solution would be. But I do agree that pbaoe/range aoe damage is just out of control, and I miss vanilla WvW a lot. =/

@sephiroth.4217 said:

My apologies, we were talking about Elementalist and I didn't realise you had trailed off topic to actually discuss power/precision and ferocity as a seperate subject, I thought you were using a build example for what Meteor Shower would use to accomplish "8-11k dmg".

I was using that build along with the other abilities that hit hard I've seen from other professions. I didn't trail off the topic, but ok.

@Noell.1369 said:

I was using that build along with the other abilities that hit hard I've seen from other professions. I didn't trail off the topic, but ok.

We were talking about Elementalist and you did trail off, we weren't talking about other professions.

Conversation concluded then.

Revs can still dish out way too much damage. Scourges can still paint you with condis. Scrappers can still convert everything to boons. Firebrands can still give you every boon in the game. Way too much AOE and not enough skilled play from all the power creep. Fights are over in 30 seconds so if you down from that one player doing big damage, don't plan on getting bags. Then you can mount up and chase down people again for 15 more minutes.