Thanks for PS Anet - Spent $ on Gems to say TY ?

Whiteout.1975

@"Jayden Reese.9542" said:Yeah I picked this one because you sounded the most entitled. Like anyone on the map runs near your squad they are like Hire me as if that is even remotely logical like I gotta submit a resume and have an interview to join/ follow your squad to prove I'm a elite player like you. Anyone with a brain can track you down tagless or not.

Then you misunderstood the analogy. I used that analogy to represent the attitude that some players demand to be taken care of by one group/player. Nothing more.

Oh a camp and tower are takin and keep contested where could this invisible tag of elite players be. Before I'd go run thru the downed gate and help now If you were leading I'd kill 4 gaurds wp and take a camp in the opp direction. If I got credit 4 the keep great if not you lol wiped. Oh well. I don't need you just as you don't need me.

Why do you say this as if I should care lol? Confuses me. You just illustrated part of my point. If that's what you choose to do... Then more power to you and me both.

The invisible tag has zero effect and don't see pugs with these cry threads that you got the option of invisible tags just you elite guilds making them.

Really? because I'm seeing a enough players (don't know if their pugs) list their problems with something that has "zero effect". Better talk with them about that. As far as cry threads... Yea tears of joy ?. Beside's that elite guild? I don't really care to be seen as "elite"... Maybe someday though. I'm just someone who thinks players have a right to help who they wish and when. Without being forced in how they play.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@enkidu.5937 said:

@"Whiteout.1975" said:"non-meta / non-voice chat casuals" by default are not teamplayers.Just lul. No, in fact you are not a team player, simply just because of your statement.

I gave my core reasoning which you conveniently left out. Here it is again: "They are not building themselves up for/towards the challenge ahead".

So what is a team player to you in the context of WvW then? This way I may see where I don't live up to your own standards exactly.

@"Whiteout.1975" said:I gave my core reasoning which you conveniently left out. Here it is again: "They are not building themselves up for/towards the challenge ahead".Yes they do. They play a build they can handle, which is the basic requirement to be somewhat useful.

@"Whiteout.1975" said:So what is a team player to you in the context of WvW then? This way I may see where I don't live up to your own standards exactly.The team is your server, not a group of selected ppl that meet your expectations and are allowed to join your squad. So the lowest level of teamplay would be that if you decide to run your private squad, the other ppl in your team (server) should at least know that you are there and what you are doing.

If you are not interested to share these infos with your team, and are not interested to get these infos from your team, they wont be able to handle the situations that I described in my previous post. But since you answered with a nonsense "add NPC commanders", it seems you dont even understand what Im talking about.

@enkidu.5937 said:

@"Whiteout.1975" said:I gave my core reasoning which you conveniently left out. Here it is again: "They are not building themselves up for/towards the challenge ahead".Yes they do. They play a build they can handle, which is the basic requirement to be somewhat useful.

I'm alright with them playing what they can handle. If they know for 100% fact that is indeed all they can handle. For me it's more of actually truly trying to be useful in a fight first and foremost if they're gonna follow.

@"Whiteout.1975" said:So what is a team player to
you
in the context of WvW then? This way I may see where I don't live up to your own standards exactly.The team is your server, not a group of selected ppl that meet your expectations and are allowed to join your squad. So the lowest level of teamplay would be that if you decide to run your private squad, the other ppl in your team (server) should at least know that you are there and what you are doing.

If you are not interested to share these infos with your team, and are not interested to get these infos from your team, they wont be able to handle the situations that I described in my previous post. But since you answered with a nonsense "add NPC commanders", it seems you dont even understand what Im talking about.

Oh I see. Well in that case I'm more of a team player within my groups than the server as a whole then. I'm alright with that. Given I find my self running more efficiently that way. Which actually, if you think about it a bit. I am actually kinda helping more on what I can "handle"; if that's how I find myself being more efficient that way. As far as spreading info... Personally, yea I do/don't this depending how I'm running. So I guess sometimes I'm a team player for the server?

NPC commanders will be public. They're there to use when needed. No reliance on other commanders to show players what to do 24/7. You want to try to take something? Ok follow that NPC commander. Simple. Don't see the "nonsense" here when you can just watch them. If you have no one else doing what you wanna dictate they should do.

i can't believe the amount of hostility there is against new/inexperience pugs: is the intent to drive away even more players from wvw then? if so, you all are doing a heck of a job of it. well, that's your choice but please don't complain when people stop queing..../looks at all the wvw is dead threads. oh wait. careful what you wish for.

@"C Cspace Cowboy.5903" said:You spent money, on a dying game mode, because Anet implemented a feature that you've been able to do since the advent of the cat tag.

Gotcha. :#

I commend the attempt at the troll comment. Made me giggle slightly, then it quickly lost value at "cat tag". You could run "tagless" before entirely without ether tag. This just improves the QoL of doing so. Which I appreciate. Not like I threw a ton of money down anyways. They get more "$" when bigger problems get fixed respectively.

@fixit.7189 said:i can't believe the amount of hostility there is against new/inexperience pugs: is the intent to drive away even more players from wvw then? if so, you all are doing a heck of a job of it. well, that's your choice but please don't complain when people stop queing..../looks at all the wvw is dead threads. oh wait. careful what you wish for.

I don't agree with being hostile towards all pugs just FYI. If they want to learn... They are more than welcome to. Personally, I'm just not gonna roleplay like some kind of babysitter constantly ether at the same time to be fair. I'm just not responsible everyone that wants to learn. Some people I will help though every so often if I like them. I'll even dish out change to help them with their build. I have done it numerous times. So by all means learn... Just don't expect someone to hold your hand the whole time ether. Unless they find someone that like's to do that. If so... Then great :)

@"Whiteout.1975" said:I've been waiting years for a private squad option... YEARS. Granted while it was possible to still run without a tag from a small havoc groups perspective at least. A lot of us knew it would have been much nicer with the option. Even if some other people didn't think so at the time. Maybe partly due to how they played themselves as one possible factor. I just hated the feeling of having to play what feels like a "Babysitter" (to someone else) just to lead my group group. At least that was the small joke my friends and me would make. Every time we knew the risk of throwing up a tag. However, all this was never meant in offence to anyone... Not wanting to invite someone or lead them. It was just... I and others shouldn't be given the burden to lead everyone that come's looking our way. No one is entitled to mine or another's leadership. And someone who might feel that "entitlement" is not someone who truly respect's that leaders right to choose how/who they want to lead anyways. And is definitely not someone I want around me just based on that to be fair.

• I mean imagine taking this attitude into a job setting: "You must hire me because I showed up". "If not...You're a horrible/egotistical person". How ridiculous ?

• Now, this change may not have changed the choice to not run with a visible tag up; as a leader/commander role. However, it did try to improve the QoL of this choice?

For anyone else not invited and does not understand "Why". The reason is often just because of a possible strong foreseen conflict of playstyles and overall interest... If that isn't already known. That really just wouldn't mesh well with the overall values of that leader/group. It is what it is ?‍♂️

However, this is where I want to take a moment to say a sincere Thank You to ArenaNet for making this change. Now, it's easier for commander's to actually further enjoy leading in better ways that before. Along with their chosen squads with them. Seriously... Thanks. As a result, I spent some money on gems to better support the company. Not much... However, mostly done as my way of saying "thank you". I will offer up more $ once big WvW problems are fixed. You support us (reasonably) as WvW player's... And in turn, I at least, will better support you as a company. Sounds fair right? Saying this as someone who has spent $100 on the expansions. Including buying other various items in the past as a Veteran. Keep it up Anet and hopefully you earn some more Players back.B) ?

P.S. If any commander's still wish to be visible because they want to and enjoy that. Then I still 100% respect that too :)

Separate from this initial "Thank You". My 1 gripe is "Commanders who choose to keep their squad public will now get an extra 3 pips per tick" from https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/84527/game-update-notes-august-13-2019#latest. While I fully understand and appreciate the intention here. I don't at all agree the execution. What this basically is... Is a double edge sword. You basically feel punished for running private. While more greatly rewarded for running visible. At the end of the day both are commanders helping out their server in their own ways that they enjoy and that choice should be respected equally. By both player and company.

• If people want a tag that bad. People should ether do it themselves or preferably just have have an NPC or NPC's to follow to an objective. NPC's because it's irresponsible IMO just to rely on other players for especially long-term form's of content. At the end of the day. Those are fair options because no one (including the game/company) is automatically entitled to the leadership of another player; no matter how it may look in game. Players are there to help how and when they want to. Thus, players are not inherently responsible for anyone's content... The game is ?

• Example NPC's: 1.) https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Champion_Commander_Siegecrusher 2.) https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Champion_Commander_Siegecrusher There are your backup tags right there for starters. Or develop more/better functioning one's since this is 2019 now nearing 2020... Again, this is just an example.

~ Thanks

Just adapt to the fact that a hidden commander will earn 3 less pips per tick.

Sorry @Syrus.2174 I meant to reply to you, but I sometimes get tangled up in other convo's and IRL stuff. Anyways...

@Syrus.2174 said:And here I always thought WvW was an open multiplayer game mode where everyone could participate...

Everyone can still "participate". I'm pretty sure anyways. Unless you're in a Que currently lol.

I do kind of miss the times when I was on a server with a tight-knit community where everyone was welcome, nowadays it seems like guild-raid here, voice-chat there, selfishness everywhere.

I get that feeling of a "tight-knit community". I used to love it back it the day back when I was young and naive. With the thought winning mattered in WvW. Then I grew out of it once I realized I just couldn't find reason to care about my server. It just became a name to me that lost it's value.

I'm going to make this shortened point from another early reply I made before

• You have to be a little selfish in order to find the enjoyment in things. Else you are just playing/doing things for other people looking to take advantage of you.

So it's simply how people find their enjoyment. This often isn't meant as your typical cold-heart selfishness that is often seemingly portrayed as on the forum. This is just how a lot of people enjoy things. Granted I don't agree with randomly bashing people to their face should it happen. However, everyone's form of enjoyment should be respected as long as they're not intentionally trying to hurt others IMO.

I mean, I can understand it to some degree, because the "pugs" are also selfish, with their overuse of non-zerg classes and builds, especially since rangers for example have been overpowered for so long. It would be more helpful to be able to relog a different character without losing your spot on the map (when there's a queue) than to have these hidden tags. That way those who were on their roamers could be helpful to a zerg when suddenly a tag pops up.

Yea, I mean everyone is selfish in their own ways. It's just a matter of actually intentionally trying to be a "jerk" about it or not when acting selfish.

The rest I can't agree with the rest (Beside's the range part), but I respect your opinion :)

We should think about MORE teamplay, not less.

I agree. However, we should have also good reasons to want to work as a team in the first place.

• For instance. At least speaking for myself firstly... Winning doesn't matter. Population Imbalance and so forth. Major problems that actually encourage me (and others) not to care to work as a team and rather do my own thing. If I could relate to a good enough reason... If it existed. However, I just don't see a reason to latch onto and appreciate.

And a proper guild-vs-guild gamemode, with options for different sized raids to compete against each other on an even battlefield, leaving WvW open for everyone.

THAT... Would be wonderful =)

I understand that in some ways "hidden tags" may be a necessity to some, but in the grand scheme I don't see them improving WvW. If their use becomes more prevelant they will just end up hurting the "alledgedly dead" game mode even more.

Oh it seems deader than it used to be IMO.

So the problem is WvW relying heavily on certain players (Commanders) whom have the desire to lead in the first place. The game (WvW) should be helping fulfill that role to some degree so that way it can always be self reliant on it's own. Should any periods (long or short) of commanders are not present... Happen. Which I why I suggested the NPC Commander thing having experienced it many times myself in the past. With the Char NPC Commanders I linked as examples. Should anyone find themselves without one :)

@Whiteout.1975 said:Ok follow that NPC commander. Simple. Don't see the "nonsense" here when you can just watch them.Yesterday a pug com opened north gate bay and started building rams at the inner north gate. Meanwhile a guild with invisible tag already opened inner south wall with catas. Thats not teamplay, its just wasting time, just because of invisible tags. A NPC com would not solve such problems.

This guilds then expects me to stay away so they can continue doing their private guild thing? When there were yellow tags on the map, I and 99% of the players did respect the "private guild thing", but no more. If I run to a location, like in the example with the bay, and suddenly a guild with invisible tag pops up I will no longer let that guild do their private things, but join in. Because I don't want to waste my play time with running to and fro invisible tags.

@Whiteout.1975 said:

@"fixit.7189" said:i can't believe the amount of hostility there is against new/inexperience pugs: is the intent to drive away even more players from wvw then? if so, you all are doing a heck of a job of it. well, that's your choice but please don't complain when people stop queing..../looks at all the wvw is dead threads. oh wait. careful what you wish for.

I don't agree with being hostile towards all pugs just FYI. If they want to learn... They are more than welcome to. Personally, I'm just not gonna roleplay like some kind of babysitter constantly ether at the same time to be fair. I'm just not responsible everyone that wants to learn. Some people I will help though every so often if I like them. I'll even dish out change to help them with their build. I have done it numerous times. So by all means learn... Just don't expect someone to hold your hand the whole time ether. Unless they find someone that like's to do that. If so... Then great :)So, pugs / casuals that want to become competitive / progressive are welcome . . .. . . and some ppl like you help them from time to time to become competitive / progressive to meet your standards . . .. . . the others, "non-voice chat / non-meta-build casuals are by default not teamplayers", are kicked from the squad . . .. . . and invisible tags shall keep them away.-> I still call that hostile behaviour in a team game.

@Whiteout.1975 said:Oh I see. Well in that case I'm more of a team player within my groups than the server as a whole then. I'm alright with that. Given I find my self running more efficiently that way. Which actually, if you think about it a bit. I am actually kinda helping more on what I can "handle"; if that's how I find myself being more efficient that way. As far as spreading info... Personally, yea I do/don't this depending how I'm running. So I guess sometimes I'm a team player for the server?I still cant see the teamplay in denying your team the info that you are there and what you are doing, just because you want to keep away pugs. Its like in a team sports, when you and two other high-skilled players decide to pass the ball just between yourselves, like a sub-team within the team, and exclude the others, just because its more efficient. And then say: "if you don't like it, just make your own sub-team within the team."

And in the case of invisible tags its not even just about making private sub-teams, but denying intelligence infos to the rest of the team (server), and don't even see a problem with that.

@enkidu.5937 said:

@Whiteout.1975 said:Ok follow that NPC commander. Simple. Don't see the "nonsense" here when you can just watch them.Yesterday a pug com opened north gate bay and started building rams at the inner north gate. Meanwhile a guild with invisible tag already opened inner south wall with catas. Thats not teamplay, its just wasting time, just because of invisible tags. A NPC com would not solve such problems.

No that's not solely because of invisible tags haha. That's just because of poor communication. Thus, they all got the result they deserved.

A NPC commander would solve a problem since it's always public. Therefore, everyone can always see where it's headed and adjust accordingly. Just like with the Char Commander's in the past. I wouldn't try talking to it like another commander though lol.

This guilds then expects me to stay away so they can continue doing their private guild thing? When there were yellow tags on the map, I and 99% of the players did respect the "private guild thing", but no more. If I run to a location, like in the example with the bay, and suddenly a guild with invisible tag pops up I will no longer let that guild do their private things, but join in. Because I don't want to waste my play time with running to and fro invisible tags.

Okay... Well that's dumb to expect that on their part IMO. You have the right to go where you please in a public map like that. Join in by all means because you're allowed to. The only thing wrong is demanding some form of help from them too. You can ask by all means... But never expect or demand the help you're looking for. It's their choice also to do as they please as is your choice to ask for help.

@"fixit.7189" said:i can't believe the amount of hostility there is against new/inexperience pugs: is the intent to drive away even more players from wvw then? if so, you all are doing a heck of a job of it. well, that's your choice but please don't complain when people stop queing..../looks at all the wvw is dead threads. oh wait. careful what you wish for.

I don't agree with being hostile towards all pugs just FYI. If they want to learn... They are more than welcome to. Personally, I'm just not gonna roleplay like some kind of babysitter constantly ether at the same time to be fair. I'm just not responsible everyone that wants to learn. Some people I will help though every so often if I like them. I'll even dish out change to help them with their build. I have done it numerous times. So by all means learn... Just don't expect someone to hold your hand the whole time ether. Unless they find someone that like's to do that. If so... Then great :)

So, pugs / casuals that want to become competitive / progressive are welcome . . .. . . and some ppl like you help them from time to time to become competitive / progressive to meet your standards . . .. . . the others, "non-voice chat / non-meta-build casuals are by default not teamplayers", are kicked from the squad . . .. . . and invisible tags shall keep them away.-> I still call that hostile behaviour in a team game.

Well, I try to make sure they like what their using while still being helpful. So it's more give and take fairly... If they agree to the help.

How I/we run is no one get's invited to my/our squad unless I already know them initially. If they show interest in running with us and a care to get to know us. I/we like to try to get to know the person at that point too. If we like their attitude and they are showing interest similar to our own (even if not entirely). I/we will try to make an effort to help that person further and perhaps offer them a guild invite eventually if all goes well overall; over a bit of time.

So we aren't so inviting simply because we don't know you (anyone) or where your interest lie. We just prefer to play together with people of overall similar interest. It's not being "hostile" for the fun of it. Just rather we don't want to waste out time with people that don't care to get to know us in the first place in general. I/we find we work together best with people we know we like being around overall for a fact. And in doing so helps us form synergy better as a team both in and out of WvW. I just rather give attention to real friends primarily... Not anyone that might be demanding attention or that I just don't know.

@Whiteout.1975 said:Oh I see. Well in that case I'm more of a team player within my groups than the server as a whole then. I'm alright with that. Given I find my self running more efficiently that way. Which actually, if you think about it a bit. I am actually kinda helping more on what I can "handle"; if that's how I find myself being more efficient that way. As far as spreading info... Personally, yea I do/don't this depending how I'm running. So I guess sometimes I'm a team player for the server?

I still cant see the teamplay in denying your team the info that you are there and what you are doing, just because you want to keep away pugs. Its like in a team sports, when you and two other high-skilled players decide to pass the ball just between yourselves, like a sub-team within the team, and exclude the others, just because its more efficient. And then say: "if you don't like it, just make your own sub-team within the team."

And in the case of invisible tags its not even just about making private sub-teams, but denying intelligence infos to the rest of the team (server), and don't even see a problem with that.

Sure, I would value team play more so if I was given reason to actually be a team player personally.

It's not like in "team sports" unfortunately because their is no trophy or money to gain. You get nothing for winning. You have to really want to work as a team to effectively work as a team. Though, without the same general desire to strive for... You end up like me and many others who don't care much ether way what happens. I will only start to relate to your problems with communication... When I'm given reason to act like a team. Even then I will not demand communication though because it's the other players choice to give it. Whether I like it or not. Just how it is. All you can hope for is that they one day care like you do... Or enough do to outweigh the one's who don't.

@enkidu.5937 said:Yesterday a pug com opened north gate bay and started building rams at the inner north gate. Meanwhile a guild with invisible tag already opened inner south wall with catas. Thats not teamplay, its just wasting time, just because of invisible tags.That describes every other siege FSP does since long before invisible tags.

Blaming failure to communicate on invisible tags is like blaming the dog for what the cat dragged in.

@Whiteout.1975 said:

@Whiteout.1975 said:I gave my core reasoning which you conveniently left out. Here it is again: "They are not building themselves up for/towards the challenge ahead".Yes they do. They play a build they can handle, which is the basic requirement to be somewhat useful.

I'm alright with them playing what they can handle. If they know for 100% fact that is indeed all they can handle. For me it's more of actually truly trying to be useful in a fight first and foremost if they're gonna follow.

@Whiteout.1975 said:So what is a team player to
you
in the context of WvW then? This way I may see where I don't live up to your own standards exactly.The team is your server, not a group of selected ppl that meet your expectations and are allowed to join your squad. So the lowest level of teamplay would be that if you decide to run your private squad, the other ppl in your team (server) should at least know that you are there and what you are doing.

Oh I see. Well in that case I'm more of a team player within my groups than the server as a whole then. I'm alright with that. Given I find my self running more efficiently that way. Which actually, if you think about it a bit. I am actually kinda helping more on what I can "handle"; if that's how I find myself being more efficient that way. As far as spreading info... Personally, yea I do/don't this depending how I'm running. So I guess sometimes I'm a team player for the server?

NPC commanders will be public. They're there to use when needed. No reliance on other commanders to show players what to do 24/7. You want to try to take something? Ok follow that NPC commander. Simple. Don't see the "nonsense" here when you can just watch them. If you have no one else doing what you wanna dictate they should do.

wouldnt be the same though. it would be easier to simply be the commander you need.

@"Whiteout.1975" said:I've been waiting years for a private squad option... YEARS. Granted while it was possible to still run without a tag from a small havoc groups perspective at least. A lot of us knew it would have been much nicer with the option. Even if some other people didn't think so at the time. Maybe partly due to how they played themselves as one possible factor. I just hated the feeling of having to play what feels like a "Babysitter" (to someone else) just to lead my group group. At least that was the small joke my friends and me would make. Every time we knew the risk of throwing up a tag. However, all this was never meant in offence to anyone... Not wanting to invite someone or lead them. It was just... I and others shouldn't be given the burden to lead everyone that come's looking our way. No one is entitled to mine or another's leadership. And someone who might feel that "entitlement" is not someone who truly respect's that leaders right to choose how/who they want to lead anyways. And is definitely not someone I want around me just based on that to be fair.

• I mean imagine taking this attitude into a job setting: "You must hire me because I showed up". "If not...You're a horrible/egotistical person". How ridiculous ?

• Now, this change may not have changed the choice to not run with a visible tag up; as a leader/commander role. However, it did try to improve the QoL of this choice?

For anyone else not invited and does not understand "Why". The reason is often just because of a possible strong foreseen conflict of playstyles and overall interest... If that isn't already known. That really just wouldn't mesh well with the overall values of that leader/group. It is what it is ?‍♂️

However, this is where I want to take a moment to say a sincere Thank You to ArenaNet for making this change. Now, it's easier for commander's to actually further enjoy leading in better ways that before. Along with their chosen squads with them. Seriously... Thanks. As a result, I spent some money on gems to better support the company. Not much... However, mostly done as my way of saying "thank you". I will offer up more $ once big WvW problems are fixed. You support us (reasonably) as WvW player's... And in turn, I at least, will better support you as a company. Sounds fair right? Saying this as someone who has spent $100 on the expansions. Including buying other various items in the past as a Veteran. Keep it up Anet and hopefully you earn some more Players back.B) ?

P.S. If any commander's still wish to be visible because they want to and enjoy that. Then I still 100% respect that too :)

Separate from this initial "Thank You". My 1 gripe is "Commanders who choose to keep their squad public will now get an extra 3 pips per tick" from https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/84527/game-update-notes-august-13-2019#latest. While I fully understand and appreciate the intention here. I don't at all agree the execution. What this basically is... Is a double edge sword. You basically feel punished for running private. While more greatly rewarded for running visible. At the end of the day both are commanders helping out their server in their own ways that they enjoy and that choice should be respected equally. By both player and company.

• If people want a tag that bad. People should ether do it themselves or preferably just have have an NPC or NPC's to follow to an objective. NPC's because it's irresponsible IMO just to rely on other players for especially long-term form's of content. At the end of the day. Those are fair options because no one (including the game/company) is automatically entitled to the leadership of another player; no matter how it may look in game. Players are there to help how and when they want to. Thus, players are not inherently responsible for anyone's content... The game is ?

• Example NPC's: 1.) https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Champion_Commander_Siegecrusher 2.) https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Champion_Commander_Siegecrusher There are your backup tags right there for starters. Or develop more/better functioning one's since this is 2019 now nearing 2020... Again, this is just an example.

~ Thanks

Community commander = +3 pippy

Hide-from-community commander = same as now pippy

That’s how it goes if a commander wants to be inclusive so, again, just adapt. The bigger “team player” commander should get an extra bonus period, and you should just be grateful that you can hide your lil taggy now. And nothing you bring up will justify a hidden commander earning extra, or the same amount of, pippies.

Edit- And your concern for this pip stuff just shows you don’t really care about the community, or their wvw experience either, you only care about your pips.

@Swagger.1459 said:

@"Whiteout.1975" said:Separate from this initial "Thank You". My 1 gripe is "Commanders who choose to keep their squad public will now get an extra 3 pips per tick" from
. While I fully understand and appreciate the intention here. I don't at all agree the execution. What this basically is... Is a double edge sword. You basically feel punished for running private. While more greatly rewarded for running visible. At the end of the day both are commanders helping out their server in their own ways that they enjoy and that choice should be respected equally. By both player and company.
  • If people want a tag that bad
    . People should ether do it themselves or preferably just have have an NPC or NPC's to follow to an objective. NPC's because it's irresponsible IMO just to rely on other players for especially long-term form's of content. At the end of the day. Those are fair options because no one (including the game/company) is automatically entitled to the leadership of another player; no matter how it may look in game. Players are there to help how and when they want to. Thus, players are not inherently responsible for anyone's content... The game is ?.

That’s how it goes if a commander wants to be inclusive so, again, just adapt. The bigger “team player” commander should get an extra bonus period, and you should just be grateful that you can hide your lil taggy now. And nothing you bring up will justify a hidden commander earning extra, or the same amount of, pippies.

Edit- And your concern for this pip stuff just shows you don’t really care about the community, or their wvw experience either, you only care about your pips.

Totally agree -- you got your private tag, be happy.

The public commander has to work harder and should get compensated accordingly. Honestly I feel 3 pips is not enough.

I understand and agree with introducing private tags. However it has the risk of damaging WvW in general by losing the pugs. If you think WvW will be better with fewer players, you're stoned.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:Blaming failure to communicate on invisible tags is like blaming the dog for what the cat dragged in.You didnt understand the point. Guilds or grouos that refused to communicate were at least visible by their tag. You cannot seriously believe that a guild / group that makes its tag invisible communicates instead in chat "We go to bay now".

@juno.1840 said:

@"Whiteout.1975" said:Separate from this initial "Thank You". My 1 gripe is "Commanders who choose to keep their squad public will now get an extra 3 pips per tick" from
. While I fully understand and appreciate the intention here. I don't at all agree the execution. What this basically is... Is a double edge sword. You basically feel punished for running private. While more greatly rewarded for running visible. At the end of the day both are commanders helping out their server in their own ways that they enjoy and that choice should be respected equally. By both player and company.
  • If people want a tag that bad
    . People should ether do it themselves or preferably just have have an NPC or NPC's to follow to an objective. NPC's because it's irresponsible IMO just to rely on other players for especially long-term form's of content. At the end of the day. Those are fair options because no one (including the game/company) is automatically entitled to the leadership of another player; no matter how it may look in game. Players are there to help how and when they want to. Thus, players are not inherently responsible for anyone's content... The game is ?.

Totally agree -- you got your private tag, be happy.

The public commander has to work harder and should get compensated accordingly. Honestly I feel 3 pips is not enough.

I understand and agree with introducing private tags. However it has the risk of damaging WvW in general by losing the pugs. If you think WvW will be better with fewer players, you're stoned.

And I totally agree with you!

@juno.1840 said:If you think WvW will be better with fewer players, you're stoned.But some ppl are just not interested in WvW. They dont care about objectives, winning skirmishes, casuals etc. They want it a GvG fight arena, and in this scenario communication, casuals and map coverage are just bothersome. Instead of jumping to EotM they now have a tool to completely isolate them from the WvW playerbase and set up their private fight arena. Absolutely healthy for the game mode ;)

@enkidu.5937 said:

@"Dawdler.8521" said:Blaming failure to communicate on invisible tags is like blaming the dog for what the cat dragged in.You didnt understand the point. Guilds or grouos that refused to communicate were at least visible by their tag. You cannot seriously believe that a guild / group that makes its tag invisible communicates instead in chat "We go to bay now".

Perhaps you dont understand guilds, because gUilDs ArE ONlY thEre fOr fIGhts.