New Horizons Mounts Dye Channels?

I've spent some time yesterday and today popping around in DR and LA asking locally and in Map if anyone has the new mounts to show off so I can see how they dye, and have been googling for galleries which only seem to be the default dyes I can already personally preview. I'm used to clumps of people hanging out on new mounts after skins are released, but so far have only managed to find people showing fire skyscale, thicc skyscale, icy beetle, and maybe one other. The fire ones have all been keeping the fire hues, too, very similar to default. I randomly got the Sun jackal for myself so I know those channels now.

Now I need to pick my select mount. Do any of you have screenshots of, in particular, Lithosol and Geode raptors, Maguma Jackrabbit, and Fulgurite Jackal with dyes you have applied? I am also idly curious about the new skimmer, since the default is pure green with no real hint as to how dye channels work on it, but am not fond of the standard skimmer form so am unlikely to get that one. (Bonus thanks to anyone that does shots in not necessarily great color matches but ones that contrast with each other well enough to show where the channels are).

Thanks! I take it you chose to retain a brownish hue on the main rock portions? The only other lithosol I've glimpsed zoned out quickly and was brown with dull green-gold tips. I got concerned that it would always look like earthy rocks, which may just be the most suitable dye anyway. How strongly can you affect the body color? Some of my alts go for natural looks, some want eyesores :D

@Donari.5237 said:Thanks! I take it you chose to retain a brownish hue on the main rock portions? The only other lithosol I've glimpsed zoned out quickly and was brown with dull green-gold tips. I got concerned that it would always look like earthy rocks, which may just be the most suitable dye anyway. How strongly can you affect the body color? Some of my alts go for natural looks, some want eyesores :D

I imagine a lot of people are keeping close to the original colour to maintain the rock theme. That's certainly what I would do with it, I'd make it a replacement for the branded raptor as my elementalists 'earth elemental mount'. (Although I also turned the iceflow jackal into a lava elemental, so I wouldn't rule out doing something different with the lithosol too.)

I got the Lithosol and while I can't post pix here, it's great. You can dye the body stark white, jet black, anything. The eyes and teeth are, as you can imagine, small and hard to see, but the eyes are just as visible as other mounts. I did find that the tips of the .... rocks? .... skin? ... scales? dyed rather oddly and you just have to experiment.

Also got the Fulgurite Ridgeback Jackal randomly and like it a lot. Very shiny. Sorry I'm not more help re: pictures. If you want, message me in-game and maybe we can meet in Lion's Arch.

@"Donari.5237" said:Thanks! I take it you chose to retain a brownish hue on the main rock portions? The only other lithosol I've glimpsed zoned out quickly and was brown with dull green-gold tips. I got concerned that it would always look like earthy rocks, which may just be the most suitable dye anyway. How strongly can you affect the body color? Some of my alts go for natural looks, some want eyesores :D

I did, yes. You can dye it any color you want; brighter the color the less rock-like it looks. That's rose tint on mine, I think. Because of the texture it remains "rock-like" in the body, I'd say, even with some of the enameled or a really bright color. Still looks like rock.

@Witch of Doom.5739 said:I got the Lithosol and while I can't post pix here, it's great. You can dye the body stark white, jet black, anything. The eyes and teeth are, as you can imagine, small and hard to see, but the eyes are just as visible as other mounts. I did find that the tips of the .... rocks? .... skin? ... scales? dyed rather oddly and you just have to experiment.

Also got the Fulgurite Ridgeback Jackal randomly and like it a lot. Very shiny. Sorry I'm not more help re: pictures. If you want, message me in-game and maybe we can meet in Lion's Arch.

I may do that later this evening, many thanks. I'm breaking for dinner now but wanted you to know I saw this.

@Donari.5237 said:

@"Witch of Doom.5739" said:I got the Lithosol and while I can't post pix here, it's great. You can dye the body stark white, jet black, anything. The eyes and teeth are, as you can imagine, small and hard to see, but the eyes are just as visible as other mounts. I did find that the tips of the .... rocks? .... skin? ... scales? dyed rather oddly and you just have to experiment.

I may do that later this evening, many thanks. I'm breaking for dinner now but wanted you to know I saw this.

Very considerate of you! I can pop on any time from now through early evening. I'm on U.S. Mountain Time.

ETA: The more I play with the dye channels, the more I like the Fulgurite jackal. Its dye channels are: body, body "smoke" pattern, body "lightning" effect and mist and eyes, and the crystals. Lots going on, visually. The Lithosol is fun to have, just 'cause it looks so darn weird (in a good way).