Crafting Booster

its entirely unnecessary given cooking isn't that hard or expensive to level to 400. And going to 500 takes around 50g if you had ongoing foresight to simply stock pile daily crafts and random materials. If you even thought you might have to do crafting, you should already be doing this on the regular. Without that, it gets more expensive..... but ultimately pointless if you weren't already been in crafting hell for other reasons.

Alt farms are something of a paradox. If you do it for money/gold, then theres no point in putting that much effort beyond simple login/daily loops. If you actually play them, then you should already be doing the things that make the process fairly trivial, as a byproduct of efficiency. The more you try to scale up, the more time it consumes, and doesn't take much to turn into your entire play session. At that point, what are you gaining gold for? If its for the sake of getting gold, or funding someone else, buying gems (with job or investment money) and converting to gold is a way more efficient per hour of effort.

I know some will tell me I'm wrong, or its "preference" or subjective, etc...... but the logic that supports it is almost always an infinite loop. The justification for a Crafting level booster, as is typical of many "bypass" fee, is a direct byproduct of the activity its attached to being a substantial and arbitrary waste of time. If it wasn't, the effort barrier to pay out would be low enough that people would simply be motivated to do it.

@"starlinvf.1358" said:its entirely unnecessary given cooking isn't that hard or expensive to level to 400. And going to 500 takes around 50g if you had ongoing foresight to simply stock pile daily crafts and random materials. If you even thought you might have to do crafting, you should already be doing this on the regular. Without that, it gets more expensive..... but ultimately pointless if you weren't already been in crafting hell for other reasons.

Alt farms are something of a paradox. If you do it for money/gold, then theres no point in putting that much effort beyond simple login/daily loops. If you actually play them, then you should already be doing the things that make the process fairly trivial, as a byproduct of efficiency. The more you try to scale up, the more time it consumes, and doesn't take much to turn into your entire play session. At that point, what are you gaining gold for? If its for the sake of getting gold, or funding someone else, buying gems (with job or investment money) and converting to gold is a way more efficient per hour of effort.

I know some will tell me I'm wrong, or its "preference" or subjective, etc...... but the logic that supports it is almost always an infinite loop. The justification for a Crafting level booster, as is typical of many "bypass" fee, is a direct byproduct of the activity its attached to being a substantial and arbitrary waste of time. If it wasn't, the effort barrier to pay out would be low enough that people would simply be motivated to do it.

I want to open my real life wallet, and save my real life 30-45 minutes and wham, be maxed out.

I don't want to explain the logic because I already took Philosophy 100 and it wasn't my thing.

Consult a crafting guide first (such as gw2crafts.net) accumulate all the materials you need, pop your crafting booster and use the guild boost for an extra 20% (if your guild has it) and you'll be 0-400 within an hour, and 400-500 within less than an hour. You might even get 0-500 in an hour with both boosts active; i know it took me an hour with most crafts from 0-400 with a crafting booster, but then 400 was max level and there were no guild boosts.