Thief is dying and thats nothing new... ANET hates the thief?

Tharrkar.5692

@Antycypator.9874 said:

@Antycypator.9874 said:You haven't seen me finishing T4 fractals for my dead party.Thief is one of the best classes if you want to survive. Strong healing, access to 3 dodges, vigor, perma 25 might, blinds, stealth, evades. Deadeye doesn't need a support. You don't need Alac, quickness. You have perma protection, 25x might, vigor, fury, swiftness.First learn how to play. If you can't, just return to your minionmaster.

I'm guessing you're running Diviner gear or something?

Tbh you're not wrong, thief is great in PvE if you build it right. The main reason I die there is in new instances where it's unclear what I'm supposed to be doing, or I can't see the visual prompts on the other side of balthazar to aurene because everything is a sea of AoE and "aurene wants you to help her" is not exactly a clear hint lol. That one annoyed me.

Currently I'm running with Marauder's gear, because I don't play fractals anymore, so my thief is more like "for fun in open world". Optimal rifle build for deadeye grants you a set of boons every time you reach 7 malice and refreshes your initiviative, so you can keep your boons as long as you're doing your simple rotation.I understand problems with surviving caused by low health pool, but surviving mostly comes with timing and dodges. This is why daredevil has 3 dodges and good source of endurance regeneration. There is no class that can just face-tank everything. People can play sword weaver (which is SUPER squishy) and they can do everything. I agree thief is a "high-risk" class, but everything can be learned and mastered to be really good. Just keep in mind that some professions are easier than other. One of them is Necro. And yes, I play power necromancer (reaper) and it's much easier to survive than thief. Less buttons to smash.

Ah, you're doing the same thing I do then. The PvE I do is mostly open world or catching up on living story, so I just use mara rifle DE and change traits to fit circumstance. As you say, it's more about avoiding damage outright, but the damage reduction from mark, flickering shadows and M7 plus health gain from invigorating precision is pretty nice to have too. I was mostly questioning the perma aspect, but I suppose the boons are permanent if you rotate perfectly.

There is no class that can just face-tank everything.

that is not true its called warrior that dude can even tank legends in full berserker gear while still remaining an easy 2k each hit plus perma 25 might, a stamina regen as high as thiefs, damage while dodging, easy access to condi cleanse and stunbreaks, very good cc, lots of mobility and even if he gets in downstate he still is superior to thief due to his big cc and his insane recovery all he has todo is kill 4 nemys and its almost a garuanteed recovery

• Confused 1

In PvE only, I'd give thief some of their front loaded dagger damage and condi application back, and would also strengthen sword's coefficients. Seems weird to me that dagger and sword, two bladed weapons, would be dealing less damage than a stick (staff).

As for squishiness, they used to have a trait that reduced damage by 15% from foes with no boons. That actually worked out nicely. Gone now though.