Question about Griffin Dive and Rise

ancafr.9274

@JUN YANG.4328 said:i get to lvl 3 for my griffin. but i always cant reach the infinity boost :( . need to play dive and rise for long time. and also need in a very high ground.

I must admite that I'm a little frustrated about grf, I thought it could fly and all and i always seen people flying with their griffin but it only fly if you are on a high ground and even you are he wont rise :(, I dont think really worth going through all that huge quest and work to get this mount. Feeling of wasted time.. ;(. If I knew I would've done the skyscale isntead cause THIS one I am sure fly. Feeling of 250 gold and time wasted :s :s :s

@ancafr.9274 said:

@"JUN YANG.4328" said:i get to lvl 3 for my griffin. but i always cant reach the infinity boost :( . need to play dive and rise for long time. and also need in a very high ground.

I must admite that I'm a little frustrated about grf, I thought it could fly and all and i always seen people flying with their griffin but it only fly if you are on a high ground and even you are he wont rise :(, I dont think really worth going through all that huge quest and work to get this mount. Feeling of wasted time.. ;(. If I knew I would've done the skyscale isntead cause THIS one I am sure fly. Feeling of 250 gold and time wasted :s :s :s

Well, about that ... Griffon is fantastic when you have a bit of height and want to cover distance fast, it's the "jet plane" of mounts. It can rise almost as high as it dove if you combine the dive with a space bar tap, level out, then hit your rise key. Skyscale is the "helicopter." It can rise up (slowly, or a bit faster if you hold your move forward key while looking up), it can hover, and it can head out a good ways horizontally (fairly slowly). But it has a sort of invisible dome over it so the further you get from your launch spot the lower your max height is relative to the launch spot altitude. ANet doesn't want true forever flight in its mounts.

@Donari.5237 said:

@"JUN YANG.4328" said:i get to lvl 3 for my griffin. but i always cant reach the infinity boost :( . need to play dive and rise for long time. and also need in a very high ground.

Well, about that ... Griffon is fantastic when you have a bit of height and want to cover distance fast, it's the "jet plane" of mounts. It can rise almost as high as it dove if you combine the dive with a space bar tap, level out, then hit your rise key. Skyscale is the "helicopter." It can rise up (slowly, or a bit faster if you hold your move forward key while looking up), it can hover, and it can head out a good ways horizontally (fairly slowly). But it has a sort of invisible dome over it so the further you get from your launch spot the lower your max height is relative to the launch spot altitude. ANet doesn't want true forever flight in its mounts.

Yea if i knew all that BEFORE i would've go for skyscale instead, because I wont go through all that trouble again for a mount and griffin will be the last mount i do quest, plus i heard the skyscale quest is 3+ times harder than griffin.

@ancafr.9274 said:

Hey mate, yeah unfortunately griffon is really only useful when u r high up and u need to go fastI still used the griffon the most before i got the skyscaleProvided you start high , with some skills with dive and rise you can actually sustain the flightWatch this video as it will teach you the importance of 'flapping' during diving to further increase ur flight speed with the griffon as well as increasing the height of the rise after the speed increase

Hope this helps

@ancafr.9274 said:

"But griffon can't actually fly..."

@ancafr.9274 said:

Yea if i knew all that BEFORE i would've go for skyscale instead, because I wont go through all that trouble again for a mount and griffin will be the last mount i do quest, plus i heard the skyscale quest is 3+ times harder than griffin.

i got all mount expect warclaw. there is no all in one mount in this game. i finished skyscale before griffon. skyscale can replace springer. i would say skyscale is more useful for me then griffon. griffon and beetle is not everyday mount, its more for fun. or fast explore. like LS5 prologue. after rise and dive boost i only spend around 3 min to open the map. craft skyscale do spend more time then griffon, for me is double ( i hate doing POF story) but less gold (around 80~100g if you buy item to speed up) ,more karma.

@whoeverxwins.1279 said:

This only happens after unlock the mastery III right.

@ancafr.9274 said:

This only happens after unlock the mastery III right.

yes correct, the 'flap' refers to you pressing spacebar when you are diving which allows the griffon to speed dive and after that you will gain a huge amount of speed which in turn also allows you to rise up higher than a normal dive and rise with no flap

@"JUN YANG.4328" said:it look really cool on the video. but it need to take long time to learn fly like this. second boost need to get a really high ground to start. if use "bond of vigor" to start with is it better?

Yes, it would take practice. I can't fly like that, but I haven't practiced a lot either. You can use the springer to get up high to start with. I'm not sure if he used vigor or not; I may have seen it once or twice, but if so, seemed to be more to get extra speed than height.

I really like how they've done the mounts in GW2. They're not passive; they do take some practice. But with practice, you can do so much more with them than in other games.