[Merged] Oh cool you must buy more build slots

@LaFurion.3167 said:So you only get 3 per acc on release and have to buy more if you want to be able to use more than 3 builds??

Is the 3 build slots per class?? So 3 ranger builds and 3 warrior builds etc, or just 3 across the whole acc??

Because.... gem store for build slots seems kind of money grubbing. I'm grateful for the system though sigh...

I got no problem supporting anet for things like this but not so much if they do not focus better on balance, I do like anet really.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@yoni.7015 said:Some people just have to get offended and cry about it. Even when it is about people getting paid for their work.

They already get paid for their work. this isn't going to give devs extra pay, this is 100% going to the money grubbing people at the top.

Development costs moneyOh gosh, what a concept. Why won't the company give us everything for free??

Why won't the company make actual CONTENT and sell that? What a concept!

@Vyrulisse.1246 said:

@"yoni.7015" said:Some people just have to get offended and cry about it. Even when it is about people getting paid for their work.

They already get paid for their work. this isn't going to give devs extra pay, this is 100% going to the money grubbing people at the top.

Development costs moneyOh gosh, what a concept. Why won't the company give us everything for free??

Why won't the company make actual CONTENT and sell that? What a concept!

Especially since Living World, with all the expenses in designing all of the maps, writing the story, paying voice actors and on and on is being given away for free, but unlocking a simple tab in a HuD for a pretty baseline game feature apparently costs 5-10€ (times 3) to support the development.

The mental gymnastics are strong here, especially considering a fan developed better and unlimited templates for free years ago and managed to keep them updated for every patch for all that time too.

Seriously, this isn't content. At least for hardcore players, it's not even optional minor convenience. It's a baseline game feature needed to make the game playable, especially with the incredibly annoying to swap legendary gear and content like Raids etc., which requires frequent swapping.

This is so much worse than if they had for example only given us just one keybind for mounts, charging for additional keybind slots to bind new mounts to in order to swap them without going through multiple menus, considering how many components make up a build, with Runes, Sigils, 6 Armor pieces, up to 4 weapons, 6 "Trinkets", 3 Trait Lines, 9 Traits, and 5 selectable skills.

If you are an open world player, imagine you had to click through multiple menus over forty times just to swap to a different mount when the need arises.This is sort of what lack of, or too limited build templates feels like to a hardcore player. It genuinely sucks the fun out of the game to have to stop playing every couple minutes to click around in menus for 1-2 minutes, just to be effective/do what you want to or need to do.Add to that having to remember all those 40+ selections for 10+ Builds on 9 professions. That's over 90 combinations of over 40 variables each..

It genuinely makes me just not want to play, just thinking about having to swap all my stuff just to for example join a Raid to help on a certain boss, just to then have to swap everything back again after I'm done for the current content im doing, just to then swap again later when I'm doing Fractals, and then again and again.

Right now, without templates, it feels like sitting there and swapping builds is half of my playtime, and Anet's system is not robust enough to completely alleviate that by a long shot, like Arc Templates did, even if I buy all the slots for potentially exorbitant prices.

This unprecedented monetisation of base game functionality, on top of a lacklustre and way too limited system in the first place.