[Merged] Oh cool you must buy more build slots

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Taygus.4571 said:That only works for trait templates.

It doesn't work for gear templates, which is an important part of a build.

Correct, but equipment templates are separate and can't be shared anyway. So monetizing those is perfectly fine. Since the account build storage can share builds with other people.. needing to buy more slots is pointless since you can use a text file to store your builds and just copy a chat code to swap.

@Vegeta.2563 said:

Correct, but equipment templates are separate and can't be shared anyway. So monetizing those is perfectly fine. Since the account build storage can share builds with other people.. needing to buy more slots is pointless since you can use a text file to store your builds and just copy a chat code to swap.

yeah but trait changing, was never that annoying... it's gear sets and runes..and ultimately no matter how many trait templates you have a chat code for... you're limited to 6, because you only have 6 gear templates.

@Danikat.8537 said:To my mind that just puts it into the same category as other convenience items in the gem store. No one needs a home instance portal or world boss portal because they can use waypoints. No one needs infinite salvage kits or gathering tools because they can buy infinite numbers of consumable ones in-game relatively cheaply. No one needs home instance nodes because they can get the same materials out in the world.

What you're paying for is making it slightly more convenient. Whether that's worth doing will vary between people of course (and between items). I know I don't need infinite gathering tools, but I like having them so I don't have to worry about making sure I've got spares. I doubt I'll buy build (or equipment) templates because I don't change my build that often so using text codes instead is fine for me. (Honestly I'm mostly ok with changing them manually, except I can never remember which traits I need.)

But IMO it's important that we don't need to buy them, because otherwise it goes from a convenience to a required upgrade and even expansions haven't really hit that point.

When you can use a personal guild to store them via motd with different builds in it... how much more of a convenience is it really to use them with the account build storage instead? You are essentially just opening a different window in game.

@Vegeta.2563 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:To my mind that just puts it into the same category as other convenience items in the gem store. No one needs a home instance portal or world boss portal because they can use waypoints. No one needs infinite salvage kits or gathering tools because they can buy infinite numbers of consumable ones in-game relatively cheaply. No one needs home instance nodes because they can get the same materials out in the world.

What you're paying for is making it slightly more convenient. Whether that's worth doing will vary between people of course (and between items). I know I don't need infinite gathering tools, but I like having them so I don't have to worry about making sure I've got spares. I doubt I'll buy build (or equipment) templates because I don't change my build that often so using text codes instead is fine for me. (Honestly I'm mostly ok with changing them manually, except I can never remember which traits I need.)

But IMO it's important that we don't need to buy them, because otherwise it goes from a convenience to a required upgrade and even expansions haven't really hit that point.

When you can use a personal guild to store them via motd with different builds in it...

Ooh, interesting, thanks hadn't considered that. Not ideal of course but a bit more convenient than a Google drive doc and considering how tiny a build link is (or should be) you can fit quite a few in.

Title.

I have too many builds, 6 slots simply aren't enough for players like me.Fractals, WvW, Open World, Raid.Raids and Fractals different sets depending on bosses / fractals.Power, Condi, Tanking, Support, Mixed.Rune sets depending on who plays with me.Some +precision depending on who plays with me.

And a mix of everything above. 6 slots is not enough. I had over 20 templates on chrono, realistically I needed and wanted more. And at some time had more.

The same is true for Guardian, Rev, Ele and my Ranger. Necro too.

It's okay if you don't need any of that. But I do. I'm also used to it. I don't want to change how optimized I play, and I don't want to go back to the days where it took me minutes between raid bosses to adjust my gear and double check if it is correct.

Not talking about the use of legendary gear or how it is bagspace or whatever. I just need more slots or this system is worthless to me and a straight downgrade from arc days. I don't want that.

Thanks.

@Taygus.4571 said:

yeah but trait changing, was never that annoying... it's gear sets and runes..and ultimately no matter how many trait templates you have a chat code for... you're limited to 6, because you only have 6 gear templates.

I agree, switching between traits and utility skills was never really that much of a problem. However them charging for more slots for something that can be freely stored elsewhere is the point I'm trying to make.

@yoni.7015 said:“Arenanet employees should not be paid. Here is why”

I'm not saying that at all. They came up with a great idea with the build sharing, but charging for it when you can create a chat link and store them externally. People aren't going to be paying for something they can do for free (and no I am not talking about using arcdps).

The issue you could run in to, since the whole thing is internalised ie cooked in to the game. Is that any more than 6, you could get or end up with a very cluttered UI. I don't use arc, so I'm guessing here. The reason why arc could have infinite amount is because it isn't cooked in to the game. Hence why you weren't hampered by the clutter.

@CalamityO.2890 said:The issue you could run in to, since the whole thing is internalised ie cooked in to the game. Is that any more than 6, you could get or end up with a very cluttered UI. I don't use arc, so I'm guessing here. The reason why arc could have infinite amount is because it isn't cooked in to the game. Hence why you weren't hampered by the clutter.

Yeah but... I'm not really here to guess why it's not possible. I'm just saying what I need. :/

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

@Taygus.4571 said:well, I suppose you'll have to makea raid char,a fractal chara wvwan openworld6 × 4 =24 :)

My raid chrono has 30+ builds saved now. And legendary armor cannot be shared between characters

I do agree, the real problem is that ledgie can't be used by all chars.

But this is the only choice you have... is split your roles among your different characters.

I get that people want to keep getting what they were "allowed" to have before as a minimum, but suggesting you NEED 20 builds is rediculous. The changes in traits etc must be so small. Just use more characters.I DO agree that something should be done about using the same gear across characters though, at least for legendary, but ideally for any account bound (and I dont have legendary).

@"Thorstienn.1642" said:I get that people want to keep getting what they were "allowed" to have before as a minimum, but suggesting you NEED 20 builds is rediculous. The changes in traits etc must be so small. Just use more characters.I DO agree that something should be done about using the same gear across characters though, at least for legendary, but ideally for any account bound (and I dont have legendary).

I do nat care about traits since I can have up to 24 saved in game and any numbe with chatcodes on my computer.

Problem are gears since I can only save up to 6 and not 30

@Neutra.6857 said:This is not fighting the crusades, it is complaining about a something that is insufficient to meet my needs, a thing that should have been in base game and should not be bought at all. How about you get over your faux outrage that other people are annoyed, get off your high horse.

Nope. You're just whining. Stop it. Stop looking for the grey clouds instead of the sunshine. You got build templates from the game. We continue to get content from the game that is STILL coming free of charge unless you volunteer some money.

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

@"Thorstienn.1642" said:I get that people want to keep getting what they were "allowed" to have before as a minimum, but suggesting you NEED 20 builds is rediculous. The changes in traits etc must be so small. Just use more characters.I DO agree that something should be done about using the same gear across characters though, at least for legendary, but ideally for any account bound (and I dont have legendary).

I do nat care about traits since I can have up to 24 saved in game and any numbe with chatcodes on my computer.

Ok... so maybe a non-hardcore raider/wvw player like myself just doesn't get it. Perhaps to illustrate your point better you could list these 30 different gear setups for me (that require being on 1 character, but that's no big deal) and what they are used for so I can potentially be on your side.Cause currently I'm imagining you have gear changes where you swap one berserker item to assassins when there is no spotter or something to that effect, which really shouldn't "require" a full pre save.As I say, let us "casuals" know the NEED, so we can be on your side.

You don't need to be "on my side". This problem simply doesn't concern you, it's fine. Just go play somewhere else tbh. Why would I need to convince you, a random dude who comes in and just says "naahhh you don't need that"?

I seriously don't get people like you. You can't be bothered to think for yourself or do the math from the starting post, and you dare to impose on people like me what we need or want from the game. Even if we directly and politely state what we need you are like "nahhh proof it to ME". Who do you think you are?

All you're doing is splitting the playerbase.

I have a simple request. Acknowledge it and move on. No need to convince you. Just get out.

@Thorstienn.1642 said:

@Thorstienn.1642 said:I get that people want to keep getting what they were "allowed" to have before as a minimum, but suggesting you NEED 20 builds is rediculous. The changes in traits etc must be so small. Just use more characters.I DO agree that something should be done about using the same gear across characters though, at least for legendary, but ideally for any account bound (and I dont have legendary).

Ok... so maybe a non-hardcore raider/wvw player like myself just doesn't get it. Perhaps to illustrate your point better you could list these 30 different gear setups for me (that require being on 1 character, but that's no big deal) and what they are used for so I can potentially be on your side.Cause currently I'm imagining you have gear changes where you swap one berserker item to assassins when there is no spotter or something to that effect, which really shouldn't "require" a full pre save.As I say, let us "casuals" know the NEED, so we can be on your side.

@Thorstienn.1642 said:I get that people want to keep getting what they were "allowed" to have before as a minimum, but suggesting you NEED 20 builds is rediculous. The changes in traits etc must be so small. Just use more characters.I DO agree that something should be done about using the same gear across characters though, at least for legendary, but ideally for any account bound (and I dont have legendary).

Ok, here we go:

Support chrono:40 boon duration 1000 toughness (only with sword)

50bd 1000t50bd 1000t cc50bd 1251t50bd 1251t cc

60bd 1000t60bd 1000t cc60bd 1251t60bd 1251t cc

75bd 1000t75bd 1000t cc75bd 1251t75bd 1251t cc

100bd 1000t100bd 1000t cc100bd 1251t100bd 1251t cc

(All of the builds above are there 2-3 times, CC versions have GS, pistol and focus versions and without cc have focus or sword versions)

~75bd Trailblaizer preplexity~75bd Trailblaizer nightmare~85bd Trailblaizer~75bd Viper preplexity~75bd Viper nightmare

Minstrel Pack (focus and sword versions)Minstrel DurabilityMinstrel MonkMinstrel Revenant

Harrier monk

DPS:GS Power chronoFocus Power chronoCondi dps chronoCondi Mirage (to be fair, I only have it saved but I have played it once)