Let's talk about the game

MrSannx.3654

I could say they're gone already, I have a video from season 13 where the top 200 players were all plat 2, if you look last season I think plat 2 were like top 70, so the players quality is getting worse every season.

But game is not dying, the last patches were more on point on nerfs, less of that nonsense of nerfing mirage axe power dmg or any other random stuff.

happens that really talented ppl have better games to put their talents on atm

@Khalisto.5780 said:I could say they're gone already, I have a video from season 13 where the top 200 players were all plat 2, if you look last season I think plat 2 were like top 70, so the players quality is getting worse every season.

Don't think we should count Season 13. It was an absolute mulligan of a season tbh. The bug or oversight that allowed DuoQs to have one player disconnect and the other to get no rank penalty ruined the LB that season. Even if it was fixed midway, there was no sort of rollback so ranks were massively inflated by the end. I speak from experience, as I got pretty much boosted against my will up to just barely under plat3 which is about 50 points above my absolute best. Even close to 1700 rating was just enough to get top 250 that season.

And OP, if you want one of the main reasons people are leaving now ^ look no further. DuoQ is still broken now and it makes Ranked so boring to play. Either you play into it for easy games or you play against it and play at a distinct disadvantage. You cannot compete as a SoloQ player and that makes ranked booooring.

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

@Khalisto.5780 said:I could say they're gone already, I have a video from season 13 where the top 200 players were all plat 2, if you look last season I think plat 2 were like top 70, so the players quality is getting worse every season.

Don't think we should count Season 13. It was an absolute mulligan of a season tbh. The bug or oversight that allowed DuoQs to have one player disconnect and the other to get no rank penalty ruined the LB that season. Even if it was fixed midway, there was no sort of rollback so ranks were massively inflated by the end. I speak from experience, as I got pretty much boosted against my will up to just barely under plat3 which is about 50 points above my absolute best. Even close to 1700 rating was just enough to get top 250 that season.

And OP, if you want one of the main reasons people are leaving now ^ look no further. DuoQ is still broken now and it makes Ranked so boring to play. Either you play into it for easy games or you play against it and play at a distinct disadvantage. You cannot compete as a SoloQ player and that makes ranked booooring.

Agreed its 100% duo queues fault

Somehow I allowed myself to be convinced to return and play this current season. Initially I thought the only feedback I had was about the timing and tweaking of balance patches. Then I played through my placement matches.

While hope springs eternal, with the response to this thread we may start to see some real balance, a few other thoughts sprang to mind. Balance is important, but no matter how "balanced" the builds are, that won't fix stupid. Nor will it stop bots, afk's etc. When considering the state of spvp, balance is only one part contributing to the "unfuness".

There also appears to a push by Anet to make core builds competitive against elite specs. I'm not specifically against this, but makes it easier for people to bot on a F2P account with little to no consequence.

Basically, balance is a starting point, but it will not "fix" spvp.

@MrSannx.3654 said:Ok, well most of the best players are leaving guild wars 2 ( specialy for PvP ) Guild Wars 2 is realy dying????

Burn the game I have had enough.

As above duo q and solo q should be rotated. Build templates is ridiculous and overpriced there should be a an opt out. The game is dying. Pof specs ruined pvp. Anet have dumbed the game down. What more is there to say we get some new crappy mists map and thats it were expected to fall in love with pvp again. Nothing new to work for or towards so all you are doing is losing and winning unbalanced games for literally no reason. Sick of it honestly I feel in same position as sindrener I come back for a couple months then leave for double...