Spirit Weapons vs. Renegade Skills

Clownmug.8357

My personal experience with summons is that warrior, holo, soulbeast and reaper kill summons even before summons start to doing something even if they are attacking someone else just by aoe and big hits. So you just cast a skill, spend x energy, for nothing. And thief and mesmer doesnt allow you to even cast them.

Best summons are heal, daze(this is sometimes op) and elite.Pathing is pain.. casttime is huge. Should be instacast because there is 1,5 sec delay before they start attacking.

@Clownmug.8357 said:Something's not right here...

Spirit Weapons

• 900 range
  • Ammo charges
  • No pathing required
  • Untouchable minions
  • Cooldown only

Legendary Renegade Stance

• 600 range
  • Single cast
  • Pathing required
  • Killable + interruptable minions
  • Energy cost + Cool down

The comparison is not valid in any shape or form. And you can use this analogy with any aoe damage skill of any class.

Do not get me wrong, the summons are absolutely garbage design, but these comparisons of apples and potatoes do not work.

@otto.5684 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:Something's not right here...

Spirit Weapons
  • 900 range
  • Ammo charges
  • No pathing required
  • Untouchable minions
  • Cooldown only

Legendary Renegade Stance
  • 600 range
  • Single cast
  • Pathing required
  • Killable + interruptable minions
  • Energy cost + Cool down

The comparison is not valid in any shape or form. And you can use this analogy with any aoe damage skill of any class.

Do not get me wrong, the summons are absolutely garbage design, but these comparisons of apples and potatoes do not work.

Lol, I'm not going refute whether the comparison is valid or not, that seems mostly subjective. It's funny that it took this long for someone to have that cliched reaction though.