Celestial Challenge - Observations and Thoughts

Boar event takes to many shrooms to complete, should be 100 shrooms not 200.Snake event sometimes does not spawn all the motes making it impossible to completeEvent is general is unrewarding , boring, and balanced for the common denominator player. Only thing of value is the 60 +5 ap, after you finish your 12 reps, it will not be worth returning to.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@Westenev.5289 said:I was playing Rabbit's challenge, when I got stuck inside a DR shrubbery with no hope of escape. That was fun, I guess.

@Westenev.5289 said:I was playing Rabbit's challenge, when I got stuck inside a DR shrubbery with no hope of escape. That was fun, I guess.

Yep, me too, was trying to do just one round for a daily before going to eat dinner. I now just skip the tall center shrubbery during Rabbit. I did get unstuck by relogging to unroot from the greenery and then jiggling around in place to get clear of the tight spot but by the time I loaded back in and freed myself I couldn't get to the chest in time.

I have no idea how one would ever get to 12 stacks. Even when I stay in for multiple sessions (and I do fully participate, my only afk moment was a couple of minutes when a package came to the door and I had to fetch it in), I get maybe 3 stacks before the chest and then they disappear.

You both know about the /stuck command, don't you?

You get 12 stacks by NOT opening the chest after each round, opening the chest removes the stacks.

/stuck — teleports the player to the beginning of the instance (it gets canceled if the player moves, gets into combat, or does any other action within 30 seconds after using this command, and has a cool-down of 2 minutes. Once moved back to spawn, the /stuck command has a cool-down of 10 minutes.) Only works while inside instances, not maps.

I tried this, but it didn't work (either because it was a long 30 seconds, or because the command legitimately didn't work. I don't know, the client doesn't tell me these things).

The design of the challenge promotes idleness, that's because a single stack and multiple ones makes no difference, so you can get one, then afk in a corner.

Some solutions to idling: Make it so you need more stacks to open the chests, so at least every player will participate in all events, at least for a while, for example 4 stacks as a minimum. The better solution is to make it so extra stacks mean extra rewards, including achievement progress counting your stacks. Remember that the achievement has rewards, you get 8 little envelopes every 8 chests. If instead of opening a chest it counted your stacks then that would mean you could get many little envelopes in very little time, they aren't really important in terms of rewards, but at least players would be rewarded for getting more stacks and promote more active play.

Outside rewards, the events need some fine tuning, for example, the boar challenge can have lower requirements, the capture challenges (Dog, Rooster) can have a better indicator on the map on which is which so players do not go to the same one.

@Westenev.5289 said:

Yep, me too, was trying to do just one round for a daily before going to eat dinner. I now just skip the tall center shrubbery during Rabbit. I did get unstuck by relogging to unroot from the greenery and then jiggling around in place to get clear of the tight spot but by the time I loaded back in and freed myself I couldn't get to the chest in time.

I have no idea how one would ever get to 12 stacks. Even when I stay in for multiple sessions (and I do fully participate, my only afk moment was a couple of minutes when a package came to the door and I had to fetch it in), I get maybe 3 stacks before the chest and then they disappear.

You both know about the /stuck command, don't you?

You get 12 stacks by NOT opening the chest after each round, opening the chest removes the stacks.

/stuck — teleports the player to the beginning of the instance (it gets canceled if the player moves, gets into combat, or does any other action within 30 seconds after using this command, and has a cool-down of 2 minutes. Once moved back to spawn, the /stuck command has a cool-down of 10 minutes.) Only works while inside instances, not maps.

I tried this, but it didn't work (either because it was a long 30 seconds, or because the command legitimately didn't work. I don't know, the client doesn't tell me these things).

Ive never had the stuck command work, even in dungeons and fractals.

Honestly I feel as though the stacks shouldn't be consumed when you open the chests, but they should fall off when you leave the instance map. You can pop in and do your daily or you can stick around, get your stacks up, and get your rewards rolling.

Rewards could be really jacked up if they wanted them to be. Like 10-20 times what they currently are. That'd make the Challenge probably on par with ethnically cleansing the Labyrinth or chaining hard path Winter Wonderland.

@Zaklex.6308 said:You get 12 stacks by NOT opening the chest after each round, opening the chest removes the stacks.

Not only is that not explained anywhere in the game, but that's just plain bad design. That encourages people to idle to build up stacks. The stacks should be unique to each run of the event, not built up across multiple runs. And the loot table should be adjusted accordingly.

This minigame needs some serious tuning up. Exclude AFK'ers/leechers from rewards for non-participation in each event, which will be enough to clean them out for good. "No free lunch" I think is what some people call it.

As far as the stacks of 'luck' go (lucky aura, or whatever) a better design would be to award 2 or 3 stacks per chest, until the maximum of 12 where you open the chest and THEN it gets reset. It would also sort out the hard-core AP grinders from the casuals who just drop in for a daily and then bugger off again. Also the loot should be better, LOT better, with a better loot table, considering the amount of effort to get gold in each event, and there's no drops from anything else killed during the game.