So they want Necromancers to Die

Kuulpb.5412

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Something that another Necro player pointed out. Life force generation wasn't touched, and there is a new trait to make it easier to maintain. So while dealing with cc will be a pain sustain through shroud is increased. With the lower overall damage Necro might become a fair bit more durable.

Being durable it's pointless if you get CCed to death, sure I'll watch my necro stay alive more while not be able to do anything.Classes like thieves, mesmer and warrior that can really vomit stuns and daze how much they want, will laugh now even more when seeing a necro

Oh I will laugh when I roll my warrior. When I roll with my reaper I'll just blind the warrior and laugh in return.

I was purposly talking about necromancer and not reaper, because outside deathlyswarm, wasting a utility slot for well of darkness is not really gonna be that usefull since most classes can cast cc outside the well or completely avoid it.Indeed reaper with nightfall was and is always more adapt to avoid CCs

@NecroSummonsMors.7816 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Something that another Necro player pointed out. Life force generation wasn't touched, and there is a new trait to make it easier to maintain. So while dealing with cc will be a pain sustain through shroud is increased. With the lower overall damage Necro might become a fair bit more durable.

Being durable it's pointless if you get CCed to death, sure I'll watch my necro stay alive more while not be able to do anything.Classes like thieves, mesmer and warrior that can really vomit stuns and daze how much they want, will laugh now even more when seeing a necro

Oh I will laugh when I roll my warrior. When I roll with my reaper I'll just blind the warrior and laugh in return.

I was purposly talking about necromancer and not reaper, because outside deathlyswarm, wasting a utility slot for well of darkness is not really gonna be that usefull since most classes can cast cc outside the well or completely avoid it.Indeed reaper with nightfall was and is always more adapt to avoid CCs

Last I checked Deathly Swarm still inflicted blind and sigils of mischief existed (at least in WvW)

Last I checked Deathly Swarm still inflicted blind and sigils of mischief existed (at least in WvW)

Infact i meant that other than deathly swarm(which ofc blinds, why otherwise would i mention it?) the other only option is well of darkness which waste a utility slot, and sigil of mischief is not availabe in pvp

Infact i meant that other than deathly swarm(which ofc blinds, why otherwise would i mention it?) the other only option is well of darkness which waste a utility slot, and sigil of mischief is not availabe in pvp

You are forgetting signet of spite, haunt, and plaguelands as well. Not like there are not several options available to blind opponents.

You are forgetting signet of spite, haunt, and plaguelands as well. Not like there are not several options available to blind opponents.

Yes and except plague lands none of them is used in competitive pvp or wvw, for specific reasons. Don't just mention skills just because are there, actually mention those worth using in a competitive set up

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Spite gets used mate.

In pve builds for sure, nobody that plays necromancer competitively will ever use signet of spite, it's a waste of utility slot. There's far better utilities to pick than signet of spite. The fact that you can use it in wonky builds and kinda make it works, doesn't mean it's actually used seriously or properly usefull. It can be made useless with just 1 block, evade or a simple blind, and congratz you wasted a utility slot for 60s.

I'm not a super-skilled necro. But in days past, I could go head to head with a warrior and not have my kitten handed to me. Now that is impossible. At least at my skill level. I've recently not seen a warrior that didn't wipe the floor with me. This game has become less of a 'all classes are equal' and more of a 'paper-scissors-rock-necro' game. Where necro loses against any of : paper, scissors or rock.

@MyPuppy.8970 said:Necros still have largest health pool + DS. With removal of damage on cc skills and damage reduction across the board, that will have even more value I think. Not saying you should facetank everything, but you should have more room to breathe.

Maybe. But I do t think so. The removal of stability and longer cooldowns will make core even more vulnerable than it is right now.Yes you might now say, that cc skills now won't do much damage anymore.But they will do even longer cc to make sure, that you eat all dmg skills.

Haunt: 2 second delay between command and execution. No skill in the game has that long of a cast before it hits.Plaguelands: doesn't even Blind until it's been active for 8 seconds

The only people who get Blinded by Plaguelands are those who are already downed.

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

Haunt: 2 second delay between command and execution. No skill in the game has that long of a cast before it hits.Plaguelands: doesn't even Blind until it's been active for
8 seconds

The only people who get Blinded by Plaguelands are those who are already downed.

It's pretty clear he/she is just picking unused options just for the sake of argument, instead actually evaluating the usefull options for a competitive set up.

At least we got shroud look at just how kittened, OUCH.

We will get into shroud faster yeah it sucks but I pretty much think unless they play weaver they are kittened.

With these changes I think reaper will be still viable, im not necessarily hopeful as much as I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping they don't kitten it.

We also at least get faster life force regen, which aids playing scourge right?

Haunt: 2 second delay between command and execution. No skill in the game has that long of a cast before it hits.Plaguelands: doesn't even Blind until it's been active for
8 seconds

It's pretty clear he/she is just picking unused options just for the sake of argument, instead actually evaluating the usefull options for a competitive set up.

Not the case for the signet. Which you are now conveniently forgetting. Like I said. You're going to have to start using skills you didn't before.