What is left for guard?

Zephoid.4263

@Airdive.2613 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:the mighty blow nerf is just malicious. theres no logical reason for it to have a 10sec cd.Yes, this one caught my attention as well. Looks like this nerf won't hurt teleport burst builds much (if they're going to be viable at all) while it will take away the sustained utility mighty blow provides as a blast finisher.

Mighty blow didn't really bring utility out of organized play with the blast. The only field you have access to is light, and the one Condi cleanse is meh considering the amount of cleanse core guard has.

All this change does is making the weapon even clunkier. I wonder if they will increase CD on glacial blow too. That wasn't stated.

I am tired of saying this but here we go again:

Balance patch is the global changes.PvP changes aren't balance patch notes. They are just there for making a baseline, they will (if we trust their words) continue as usual with their balance patches.

Everybody loves unused weapons, offmeta builds, homebrews etc. but remember that they were weak before the patch too. Nothing really changed for them.

@Tayga.3192 said:I am tired of saying this but here we go again:

Balance patch is the global changes.PvP changes aren't balance patch notes. They are just there for making a baseline, they will (if we trust their words) continue as usual with their balance patches.

Everybody loves unused weapons, offmeta builds, homebrews etc. but remember that they were weak before the patch too. Nothing really changed for them.

I find this statement silly. I could literally get a middle school kid to do that with 2 instructions: nerf everything by 33% and remove damage for any skill this does CC or has setup for CC.

We need devs to do, you know, their job, like maybe, just maybe (I know it is a stretch) ensure things are balanced before they implement them. Especially when they spend almost 6 month working on this.

Regardless of the direction, this is mediocre and looks like it is made by an intern. And I have zero patience for Anet spending additional 6-8 month fixing this crap.

ITT People who only read their patch notes and didn't look at the patch as a whole.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:the mighty blow nerf is just malicious. theres no logical reason for it to have a 10sec cd. stand your ground nerf is one of the dumbest nerfs in the patch considering its the # 1 important skill in wvw and has been carrying zergs since day 1.

carrying since day one is no longer a baseline.

If it's useless after the initial patch it'll get fixed in one of the following ones.