Dragon's Watch Guild Hall

I suggested this on the old forums.

I would like to see player customization space (homestead) be done via the guild hall system. The mission to capture a guild hall could be imitated as helping Taimi to find a place for a new lab away from the prying eyes of Phlunt. It could morph from there into the various characters remarking that they need spaces also then the commander could suggest that it's time to find a guild hall.

They could allow the player to transfer their home instance upgrades to the guild hall along with doing upgrades. They could run a player survey to see what type of environment they want for the guild hall.

What kind of guild hall environment would you want for Dragon's Watch?

YES. But maybe less complicated as an actual guild hall. I'd prefer something hidden like a secret base. I also prefer to have some sort of asuran teched up style like a bat cave lol . Taimi certainly would need a command center and lab kind of thing. We'd story wise have a lot of research material, specimens, experiments and weapons and so on for everyone to gear up.

Maybe some place like Tarir though, especially with the connection to Aurene and all. It kind of became our home and the startings of the guild. how bout reclaiming a portion of long lost forgotten city

! Kesho after we clear out the Forged and Branded influence in the coming season(s) especially with the Vlast and Glint connection.

I would absolutely love this, but remember: There was a crap ton of hate for season 3 as it had like 4 different story arcs. They wont wanna get swamped over season 4 again. But season 4 might have more episodes as Expansions will likely only come every two years. Meaning we wont get Expac 3 until 2019. The devs want a steady flow of content, so who knows maybe we will have time to sort out a Dragons Watch Guild Hall.

With Taimi running a command center of sorts from a DW Guild Hall the devs could use it to dish out the odd bit of open world content here and there. The could incorporate M.O.X. in it also. Taimi could fix it up and it could run around with other golems doing construction, defense and repairs. The Commander could occasionally pickup the odd bit of discarded Asura tech for Taimi and bring it back. Destroying a golem in the open world could give a random drop of golem parts which could be taken back for Taimi.

I'd like to see dragon's Watch but not as a guild hall. More likely as a private home instance, with maybe some of the group's npc inside it.

Obviously tha place could be accessibile through ls4, but making it a gh would ruin everything.

As somebody wrote, a Small place for 10 People or so.

@Shirlias.8104 said:I'd like to see dragon's Watch but not as a guild hall. More likely as a private home instance, with maybe some of the group's npc inside it.

Obviously tha place could be accessibile through ls4, but making it a gh would ruin everything.

As somebody wrote, a Small place for 10 People or so.

My suggestion for a guild hall is as smallish one which would be centered around the player character and the DW guild NPCs. It wouldn't be like a full blown guild hall. It's not like it would be a guild with many players; just one player.

My idea is to save them a whole lot of programming time because they could use the guild hall system as the basis for it. They could design a map specifically for it. The current home instance is really a hub for the personal story. A DW guild hall if done right could be a hub for future content and give players a homestead they could customize which could be done via both the scribe system, rewards, drops and even gem store upgrades.

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:I suggested this on the old forums.

I would like to see player customization space (homestead) be done via the guild hall system.They could allow the player to transfer their home instance upgrades to the guild hall along with doing upgrades. T

The idea of doing upgrades to claim your house would probably happen in some fashion anyways, but transferring it to the guild hall is unlikely. The current set up is 2k objects max. can't have 500 people placing their own 2k objects or even 1k objects, just too many. The lag when loading in is already horrendous just with 100 objects placed. Besides people can already customizes nooks and crannies (and in windswept it really is nooks and crannies unlike LP that has house like areas). Transferring your personal nodes to guild hall so everyone can use? wouldn't that be nice. So that won't happen.

Sure you coul just have a portal in the guild hall to a housing area. But then that's another area. If doing another area......Better idea:Instanced Housing Villages! Not open world, but like open world!Much like how when you walk up to a portal and select which guild you want to enter, same thing applied here only you don't have to be in party to see people homes. You just select the village you want to visit.Villages would be large plots of land for you to build homes on. They could be linked to capital cities, thus different environments and styles of homes, plus there could be a guild portal in the center of town square that would be like visiting any guildhall portal in Vabbi, Verdant brink or Auric Basin. If you have a guild hall in any 3 it would be available there too. And in your guild hall there would be a portal to these villages (based on who has em in the guild.) ((coding fun I know))

Lots of people in guildhalls want to decorate a home space for their own, not everyone has priveledges to do so (Sux alot). Not everyone wants to dumps massive amounts of gold on items they don't retain ownership of, (understandable). People want to build Homes not only for fun! but aslso to show case their talent/skills at architecture (as i calling it) building stuff. This is more (end game content) for the dedicated or rich. Being able to "show off" to others like you do with your armors or Legendary weapons is just another part of Vanity Wars. Having a solo personal instance that you can build stuff in isn't that great if no one can see it (i.e. perosnal guild halls).

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:I suggested this on the old forums.

I would like to see player customization space (homestead) be done via the guild hall system.

I would prefer something like a Hall of Monuments, which could be used as a player guild hall where you can display your accomplishments and gather new titles.

As for player housing, I would want that to be more rural rather than something big like a guild hall.

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:

My suggestion for a guild hall is as smallish one

DONE!Windswepthaven. This place is too freaking small.

They wow'd us with LP and GH. GH is really good for people that like small guildhalls. Everything is not too far from center.But kinda boring for people that like to explore and want others to come explore too :DThat massive vertical height in these halls was unexpected and great! if you didn't want to explore you didn't have to, but if you like building massive jps, your guild hall was gw2minecraft basically :)NOT having this option in Windswept sucks alot! (yes its high just all open air and when you go to the mountains your blocked by invisible walls.)Sure it was a smaller guildhall design but the potential for exploration here in the desert was insta killed with the crushing closeness of the invisible wall borders blocking access to potential home areas :( It would have been better to push the borders back past some of the sand dunes in the distance. (makes more sense) You could see to infinity but then be blocked out there, not in the house you wanted on top of that dome but oh wait, invisible wall.I could have seen a hidden oasis out past one of the dunes like the area in Desert Highlands [Kanuz cache poi] [&BI8KAAA=]. From above it could have been a small area with some shrubbery and palm trees in the middle of the desert and below a beautiful blue lagoon & housing areas. But if ya don't wonder out into the desert where there isn't anything(or looks that way) ya wont find it. Could have been a whole cave system under the map! Should have been some deep water areas for what seems like a race course for mounts to really make use of the skimmer mount.

Anet needs to start thinking of guilhall maps more like explorable ones. Hidden areas with secrets! Hidden lootable chests on a daily cool down for instance. Hidden waypoints not visible on map till discovered, which allows for better access once you have explored. (waypoints on roofs of LP and GH for instance).

Archived