march 17 2020 download size?

Each time something like this has popped up on the forums its been due to people accidently changing their language preference and the game downloads that extra content. Have not encountered it so I can't provide insight from there but someone else might be able to, but have seen the threads overtime about similar unusual downloads.

@Blocki.4931 said:It definitely wasn't that big. Maybe something weird happened and it's downloading the full game for you again, like it couldn't find the game folder where it usually is and created a different one.

well what should i do now ? it didn't happen before it's first :( should i let it to dl whole gmae again or is there any other way i can do to repair it?

@TheGrimm.5624 said:Each time something like this has popped up on the forums its been due to people accidently changing their language preference and the game downloads that extra content. Have not encountered it so I can't provide insight from there but someone else might be able to, but have seen the threads overtime about similar unusual downloads.

i didn't change anything ,and till now i didn't encounter such probelm . what should i do ? let it download whole game again ?

Try using a different patch server. Unfortunately, ArenaNet broke the -assetsrv option in the patch, so you have to:

Search start for notepad > right click > run as admin. Open the file:
c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

At the end of the file, add the following line, then save:
50.16.144.158 assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com

Launch the game. Remove the line when you're done.

For me it did not download anything yesterday. Was weird and I had been wondering ... since it was patch day and stuff got enabled like the EotN waypoint. I thought it had just been included in some previous downloads and only gotten enabled now. Then again 1 GB might be possible ... maybe I had opened the launcher and went away for a while and did not notice.

@Healix.5819 said:Try using a different patch server. Unfortunately, ArenaNet broke the -assetsrv option in the patch, so you have to:

Search start for notepad > right click > run as admin. Open the file:

c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

At the end of the file, add the following line, then save:

50.16.144.158 assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com

Launch the game. Remove the line when you're done.

well i did as y said but changed nothing it is still downloading :(