pvp fire weaver / avatar weaver opinion

montecristo.1324

Hello everyone!

today I played some ranked for the new season and I tried to play a bit the "old" fire weaver, and it seems that is still work quite good.

What are your opinion about it? I was curious also to test a bit the much older avatar sword (something like this), if you recall it, has anyone already tested it?

Thanks for your opinion!

@FrownyClown.8402 said:Its viable, just not meta.

^This. I personally love the feel of fire/arcane with sword/focus and it remains a strong duelist. But it seems like the CC spam builds like shock tempest and lightning rod weaver are meta for the moment. They apparently have more impact. But if you're like me and you still love sword weaver? It works fine.

Fireweaver might work, because its condi based. Avatarsword is kinda kitten, after 1 or 2 rotations under heavy pressure youre out of gimmicks, have fun with CCs and damage. Imho if they only nerfed stability and left sword 2 CDs alone, it would still be perfectly viable. But with both those nerfs, nah, its meme off-meta.If u want to go with meta build, try d/f LR Weaver, dashes, CC-fiesta and things.

@Widmo.3186 said:Fireweaver might work, because its condi based. Avatarsword is kinda kitten, after 1 or 2 rotations under heavy pressure youre out of gimmicks, have fun with CCs and damage. Imho if they only nerfed stability and left sword 2 CDs alone, it would still be perfectly viable. But with both those nerfs, nah, its meme off-meta.If u want to go with meta build, try d/f LR Weaver, dashes, CC-fiesta and things.

thanks for the info, in the last couple of days I aready switched to LR weaver, both DF and SF, definetly prefer dagger over sword!