Firebrand second weapon set question

fourhim.3584

Not sure how to ask this. I'm just a casual PVE only player, but I've been enjoying condition builds with Ranger (Soulbeast), Revenant(Renegade), and Warrior (Berzerker).

What I like about those 3 is that I can have rotating weapon sets that all put out condition damage - Axe/Torch (or Shortbow) + Dagger/Dagger. Shortbow + Mace/Axe, Longbow + Sword/Torch. What's even better, in my view, is that one set is melee and the other is ranged, so I can mix it up as needed.

As I look at Firebrand, Axe/Torch sounds very appealing to me, but what would the other weapon set be? I'd prefer a ranged set, but unless I'm missing something I don't see any other condition damage weapon sets?

Again, this is just PVE only advice, on a very low budget with zero crafting skills available.

Is a Condi Damage Firebrand build worth it without conditions being put out by the other weapon set?

Thanks.

You get condition dmg on procs (Traits)+ Virtue/Tome of justice passive and active effects + utility skills mostly. So you don't really need a "condition type" of weapon as guardian. Take sword or scepter, stay away from two handed weapons and you will be just fine. I used to play core condi guardian: sword/torch + scepter/focus and the damage part was not bad at all. In PvP the burst burning dmg was brutal.

What Sifu said, but I will say you could go GS offhand and use it at the start of a fight for the pull and burst. You really have free reign to slot whatever you want in that alt set. If you want to use axe and want a range alternate scepter is great, but you could also just go with main scepter and whatever in secondary... again so many options just Scepter or Axe with torch as primary for damage. Mace+ Shield for aegis rotation and more quickness (and a good bit of protection and projectile defense), Sword for quick movement and fury (and projectile defense), GS for the pull and initial burst damage, Hammer perma protection and CC, Staff... well not much use in PVE (maybe support build) but ehh it's there as an option.

I have been running with sc/f on the weapon swap for range and/or defense when I need it. It's always nice to have a way to adapt when the situation changes. Some of the PoF story quests have stronger enemies that call up groups that are spread out, it's nice to still be able to attack when running from add to add. You can swap out Sc for Sw if you don't need range, and the focus for a shield if you like that defense. I personally like having a shell and a hot for defense.

Like Loon I also run Sc/Sh on my off hand. The aegis is nice for quickness procs (which I spec for with quickfire) and the dome is nice for extra breakbar. Scepter symbol is also short CD which I like, and I like to immob enemies in my burst area. I also like to ALWAYS have a ranged weapon, that said, sword/shield is pretty sweet with FB and the short cool down port on sword is pretty freaking nice.

Archived