Why the incoming nerfs??

Sylent.3165

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Lahmia.2193 said:

@Sylent.3165 said:I just don't understand how bad of a player you can be to just stand in a red circle and complain a class is op.

D r a g o n h u n t e r

So true! Scourge is the DH of PoF.

It actually is, to a certain degree. Its skill cap and damage output are all heavily tied to whether or not the opponent is smart enough to avoid AoE's, and the damage is swingy enough to instagib people that don't and moderately maim people that do. With the incoming nerfs, it's safe to assume this will change to heavily injure people that stand in the circles, and scratch people that don't. Either way, we also don't have a lot of the other things that made DH incredibly potent, like its heavy frontload potential of hard-CC and damage, its Aegis/block uptime, and its incredibly high base healing capability, but I digress.

@mazut.4296 said:

@Murdock.6547 said:

@Kam.4092 said:I'd be fine with nerfing Shade stacking if they buff us in other ways, like removing the ICD on Demonic Lore. We need better DPS on movement fights. Being crippled unless it's a stationary fight is lame.

Scepter 3 would inflict 7 burn. Torch 4 would inflict 6.So with two skills youd put out 13 burn.Even stacking shades, it at least costs life force. This you GAIN lf and still instagib people.

No. Scepter 3 will inflict 1 burn, but if you activate few skills that inflict torment one after another(no matter how many stack of torment) all will inflict burning. Same as how Reaper can stack bleeding with chills without ICD.However, Desert Shroud will inflict burns with every pulse.

That is not how these things work. Every on condition/boon application trigger is for every stack applied, see Corrupter's Fervour and Blighter's Boon. No ICD would mean that Demonic Lore applies a stack of burning for every stack of torment on an attack.

@guildabd.6529 said:Most of wvw necro damage is instant, ranged and unblockable. There is no tell. I can see marks, wells and shades having a nerf. More tell, less range and less unblockable.

Only marks (if traited) and wells have unblockable, both of which have cast times and have been this way since near enough the beginning of gw2 - ergo they are balanced. The only well currently in use, in this meta, is well of corruption. Shades have a cast time on placement (though the rest are instant) and all shade skills are blockable.

Archived