Rent a team

Sure, it's possible to get better. Started s1, now I'm g1. But I have absolutly 0 interest in any competitive game, I just find it boring and pointless. So paying for it will just get me out of this game mode faster, you should be happy about it. I am also respectful of people wanting to have honnest competitions, that's why I'm against the use of bot or afk. Buying teamate will it the worst case give a easier victory to the other team but the competition spirit will still be present for them.For the ranked games... well I'm sorted with people around my ranks so it should be ok to be average skilled, I am not completly afk brain dead for those matchs.

you don't get what I mean. It is an image problem. Let say Anet want to bring competitive pvp to the game, and tomorrow people will start to pay to win. How do you think people will take this?

@sanglelfe.5461 said:Sure, it's possible to get better. Started s1, now I'm g1. But I have absolutly 0 interest in any competitive game, I just find it boring and pointless. So paying for it will just get me out of this game mode faster, you should be happy about it. I am also respectful of people wanting to have honnest competitions, that's why I'm against the use of bot or afk. Buying teamate will it the worst case give a easier victory to the other team but the competition spirit will still be present for them.For the ranked games... well I'm sorted with people around my ranks so it should be ok to be average skilled, I am not completly afk brain dead for those matchs.

Then if you have 0 interest in competitive gameplay, don't play pvp because this kind of behavior ruins the mode. Also I'm not happy if you have 20 wins because you payed it, I will be upset because people let you do it instead of let you do real pvp. I'm not a pro player I am an average player that try his best to stay in plat1 every season, but if I see that people will start to pay to get what they want instead of getting better, then it doesn't matter, this game will never be back in the competitive scene in my opinion.

@"montecristo.1324" I get your point but actually I just want the legy for my own and don't care that other thing "oh he paid for it!", it's just because I like this big red ball behind me and this wish is actually bigger than my aversion for PvP. I'm not here to discuss the morality of renting team mates for AT, just the legality according to the ToS. It seems that it's ok, so I will do it. I am not directly responsable of this situation, just profiting of it. Of course if one day Anet make something which need a true skill and is not buyable, I will have to get better or just pass on it. You may disscuss this directly with devs if it's such a problem.Concerning PvE, I don't find it annoying to see those raid seller (in fact you can remove then by typing "-[" in the lfg panel) and it's not my problem if other people get the dhuum cm title without having the skill to do it, I'm not playing to impress others, just for my own pleasure. I respect other players so I try to find the most efficient way for me to obtain this without degrading their playing environement. Renting mates seems to be the less impactful way to achieve my trinket.

No @Xca.9721, I feel no accomplishment buying matches, but I feel an accomplishment getting my full legendary equipement which is done for 95%. It's purely personal, maybe other players will feel something buying match or raids. What I feel is only that don't have to spend time in a game mode I don't like to get something I will use in another gamemode. For raids, I never purchase a raid, I even sold some bosses in the past. Yes there is a fell of accomplishment for killing legitimaly a boss because it's something I like and I appreciate spending time in this game modes with guild mates. And what ? If someone don't like / don't have time / can't do raids but want this shiny thing from a raid ? He will just buy a raid and that's it, it will in any way affect me.

so there really is a certain type of player who just wants everything to be a gem store skin they can buy, zero effort required

can't say I'm surprised, this is GW2 after all. still, I am disappointed. one would hope a desire to improve would have come from this trinket, but all we have is attempts to exploit the system

congrats OP, just when I thought my respect for PvE players couldn't get much lower, here you are with this post

I been spending my time teaching my new player friends how to get good (they have made tons of improvement, it's great), and here you are committed to never getting good ever, and still trying to get a prestigious effect you don't deserve

smh my head

@sanglelfe.5461 said:Buy wins?

Maybe don't do that. You'll run the risk of getting dishonored because buying wins can fall under match manipulation. The definition iisnt broad enough on the wiki but I'm sure that'll change.

Worst case scenario you get your account suspended. Its a legendary, even in pve those require some work (the second generation ones anyway). Don't ruin your 95% by trying to ezmode the last 5%.

In PVE it's a bit different because raid/content carries don't by design deprive other players of success.

Well, everything has been said. But it's not a question of being good, you don't have to be good to complete this trinket. You just have to spend some time in PvP and you'll get it. Like PvE trinket or whatever other thing it this game. And sorry @choovanski.5462 but I'm not this kind of player, I don't want everyting directly in the gemstore, but if the possibility exist and farming the gold is funnier for me than grinding the AT, I'll use this possibility.

I'm not so different than you concerning my commitment in the game, but simply I am only commited in PvE. I also helped some friend or newbies guildmates to learn the game, the mechanisms, the class. I play every profession and elite spec in PvE raids/fractals or openworld, I love spending time for this and the pleasure is bigger when the new player finally learn and is able to clean a raid wing flawlessly. And I also met players who wanted everything immediatly with zero or minimum effort... and ? And it's perfectly fine! It's a game, everyone is allowed to play the game like he wants. When I'm confronted with those players I just move on and wish him/her a lot of fun in this game.Every player from PvE isn't acting like me in PvP as like every PvP player isn't toxic and salty again every single other player. Every player plays the game in the way he/she wants, just move on if a particular player is not playing as you want.But don't worry, in less than 3 weeks I'm done with this trinket and you'll never see me in a single PvP match again! (Except if Anet decide to put an aquabreather in PvP, and maybe this time I will have to get good because they change the system).

@"Azure The Heartless.3261" As stated previously, if you "buy" only your mate and don't use a bot or afk in the other team, you don't really lower the probability of success of the other team since (in my exemple) my team would be something like 4.5 player again 5. So you actually increase the probability of wining for the opposite team. At worst I can be conciderer as an afk (which I'm not) because I'm almost giving a victory to the other and be punished for this, but I don't think the other team will say a word about it.

Actually it would be easier for the enemies - if they had a normal team with 5 strong players while his team has 4 strong players and he is weaker. There is no manipulation then.

If the sellers only accepted payment for participation it wouldn't even buying wins - and it would come with a high risk. You could still lose a lot and having to pay them the ingame gold. (And I guess some might just try to do that ... cause they also have the risk of wasting their time.)

Would be best if match making also exited for tournaments so tournament teams with similar skill get paired agaist each other and for the other ones (stronger) a 2nd tournament gets opened. (Similar to new maps opening in PvE.) But with the current population ... I doubt it will happen.

All you do is look up pvp leaderboard, send them mail tell them you looking for carry and they'll carry you if its a good deal to them. I already seen some players mention this thread to good players.

Match manipulation I think is more for people who cause you to lose, its not for you to report winners. As in people who decide to go afk when you could have won it or had chance.

Botting I think is when they using cheats, like back then on Spirit Watch there was something where people could cap it in like 2 seconds.

Leaderboards, I feel you can't really cheat it, unless you pay for other team to lose. 2v2s that guy FlySofar he only had 1 loss, while the other people 3 - 100, they all be around 10-50 losses 10-30% losing rate. Thats skill to win 100+ games and only lose once, if it was people giving him free pass, he'd have around the same amount of losses as the other guys. Top 1 and 2 had 99%+ win rate, thats skill especially since its random, and theres usually someone better than you who don't care you paying them, if they paying people. Top 2 where top flipping 2, for real.That last 2v2 was actually whose best at 2v2.

That guy was above the cap for legendary he was in his own division. You're going to eventually face someone who can beat you, but not with him. Those people 3 - 100 on leaderboard probably millionaries, but the 1st and 2nd guy they the billionaries. convert the money to skill.

Tournaments don't mean anything really, so I don't have problem with people paying for wins personally. If you do have a lot of money to spend on this, I'd do it on monthly tournament though, it seems to have passed, team usa didnt win or maybe someone paid them. You get title, and seems like your someone who goes after achievements.Thing with tournament is, they going to beat you anyways, so really doesn't matter.

Speaking of tournaments, this game needs to do push notifications or something for Monthly Tournament, I can't believe I missed it. Live Matches needs a feature where you can watch them via twitch or something. This game in regards to tournament, all the UI of it is broken and they don't even give two. It's like they could have something going good for them, but they just didn't finish the job completely, hence my saying earlier "Tournaments isn't even a big deal"GW2 has WvW scoreboards perfectly fine, yet they lack motivation to reuse the code and ensure its properly working for PvP in regards to Tournament.

OP- If you want to up your chances, paying for a team will help but there is some basic things you can do even as a new player to assist and burden the team you play with less, heck once you get the feel for what you are supposed to do in the game mode to succeed it can be a very fun mode, if you are interested I could help you out in learning to play the game mode or even strategies/builds to help you not be as big a burden/benefit your team more while needing less personal skill. Not all builds in pvp have a high skill floor. In fact if you want to be more serious about contributing, even if its for the little time it takes to get the amulet I know of many players who would be more than happy to help out.

Alot of the PvE player hate from higher level pvpers is not that new players are joining it is the attitude some bring with them of claiming to know more than they do/raging at them(which you seem to not be one of those) If more new pvp players came in with the mindset of "how can I be the most helpful" or "the least intrusive" there would be alot less bad blood. I understand your frustration of having to play a mode you hate to get a reward you want(I am not a big PvE-r but I had to play pve to get things for wvw in the past...) but the experience can be made less painful for all involved if you make a decent attempt at the gamemode while you are there! Who knows you may start to enjoy it, I didnt enjoy pvp at first either it took a wvw buddy dragging me in screaming for a month before I realized it could be fun XD.

Came to pvp needing dungeon tokens. Now im quite regular. Im far from top, but if you just started last week, you may have a tough time. Tried a couple builds to see What worked for me. Thought it was a bit boring too, to begin with. Learned that if not easy, it can be solved with time.