My Deadeye pvp "Coward" build

Kastar.6082

Coward buildhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAUVn0MBtFjlOB+OBUGjFYCTLBEAyA8Jzo51c7CscGUA-jJBXABE/EAS+SAoZZAA2fAA

Rifle main weapon for damage/ Shortbow for movement (run/cap a point)Its bursty and the support spells are all made to create space and remove conditions.

Explanation:

• Your goal here is to deal damage from far while your team is fighting face to face as the filthy slaves they are. If you can kill someone with Mark + 2 +33333333 you are doing fine.
  • Focus: low hp targets>necro>engineer>non-jumping thiefs (because you will miss everything)>rangers>mesmers>everything else. Just try to eliminate easy targets asap.
  • Try to stay on group all the time, dont go alone unless your slaves are owning the enemy. Let your slaves to cap the closer point and go mid with your team.
  • Opening sequence: follow your team, when your are near a contested point use Shadow Meld, pick a target, Kneel, Mark, 1 (your target is stunned), 2, spam 3. He is dead. Thats the dream. Finish him from far, mark another and repeat.
  • For tanky targets (Im talking about you guardians and spellbreakers) check out for blocks, you have to be smart and not spam 2 o 3 like a random thief. Use auto block, block, block, when hit use Mark , 2, 3. Repeat for 10 mins and maybe he will be dead. Vs Full Counter just hit him, you are far and you dont care about your melee slaves.
  • After some amazing kills they will focus you (sometimes there is a smart enemy who focus you since the beginning, usually a thief jealous for you amazing rifle) then its time for roll!
  • Time for roll! dont use it all at once like a monkey, I usually start with shadowstep, run away, turn around, attack your marked target, if they keep chasing you its your choice to use Roll for initiative and then shadowstep back or just shadowstep back. Remember you can use Shadow Meld when you have created some distance to have an easy exit. You also can use your 4 to jump back and even reach higher grounds. Use your utility skills ONLY for defence, and 4 (Death retreat). 4 is heaven.Note: vs thiefs, use your Shadow Meld when they use invisibility.
  • Dont try to 1vs1 even when you have a decent duel potential. If you are an idiot anyway remember this detail: mark+2= stun. I´ve killed may squishy targets in that second spaming 3. Dont try that at home or vs tanks.
  • Dont follow targets running away unless your slaves are winning the point. You are a sniper, snipers dont run, snipers shoot and roll.
  • Always remember to finish your opponents for the mark´s reset.
  • You´ll notice your are doing fine when 3/4 of them focus you ignoring to cap points.
  • After killing a non rifle thief jump over his body.
  • After being killed by a jumping-condition-thief type "/m noob thief". Feel free to add any insult you want.

I hope your try this build and coment the results. Any feedback for improvement will be apreciated. Sorry for english I left school too early.

@Faaris.8013 said:I'll try that build in WvW, I'm a noob there but need a Gift of Battle. My plan is to hide on walls and snipe other noobs who are there for that gift, like the coward I am.

Well, I did that build for sPvp, I think you dont need so many defensive utilities unless you plan to roam with small group. I would recomend you full damage in WvW for a zerg but try and share your thoughts about it^^

@Kastar.6082 said:

@Faaris.8013 said:I'll try that build in WvW, I'm a noob there but need a Gift of Battle. My plan is to hide on walls and snipe other noobs who are there for that gift, like the coward I am.

Well, I did that build for sPvp, I think you dont need so many defensive utilities unless you plan to roam with small group. I would recomend you full damage in WvW for a zerg but try and share your thoughts about it^^

If you make waves in the zerg you're going to get focused and pulled so you should at least be able to take a hit or two to melt away or peel around your squad.

I'd recommend packing Shadow Bind if you leave behind your other cantrips. It works wonderfully for helping your team kill tankier targets. Most players don't carry stun breaks or movement imparement removers from what I've noticed. Due to the condi meta, they tend to prefer taking condi cleanse or more DPS.

If you are fighting another deadeye, or a LB ranger of some sort - take Smoke Screen. It basically acts like a wall so you can be brave for a moment and kill them with your rifle. Using death's retreat through it will cloak you. It also lets you blind people, so you'll be saving your team mates.

@Kastar.6082 said:

I'll have to test things out, I only spent about 10 hours in WvW so far, and was using double pistols then. I don't care about the game mode and didn't adjust my PvE build at all, I'm just forced to do it because I need the Gift of Battle. I have no thoughts about it so far at all, and I'm just looking for something easy to get the reward track done. I won't even put any sigils on my exotic rifle because it's a waste in my book.

Really liking the build. It really fits the thematic feel of Deadeye and the name of the build, but in a good way.

I'm really surprised at the damage outfit this build can dish out, especially left alone, which is often the case. Whenever someone looks in my direction, I stealthed or evade away. Like you suggested, I stick with other members so they quickly turn their attention away, then I kneel again and repeat. I actually find myself using SB only for #5 and nothing else. I finished my last game as top damage, 0 death, but we lost (close game, but a loss is a loss). This build has some weaknesses, but its strengths made it fun to play.

Thumbs up from me for the build suggestion.

@Keyang.3729 said:A coward should use Shadow ArtsI used to run your build (Trait for damage, utils for escaping)Now i (Trait for escaping, util for damage. Binding Shadow, Assasins Signet, Zerk amulet, rune of traveler)

I started playing shadow arts/trickery, shadow arts/you name it, but I felt while I had a good time to take position and some surprise attacks I had very low chances to escape when focused.

@Kastar.6082 said:

@Keyang.3729 said:A coward should use Shadow ArtsI used to run your build (Trait for damage, utils for escaping)Now i (Trait for escaping, util for damage. Binding Shadow, Assasins Signet, Zerk amulet, rune of traveler)

I started playing shadow arts/trickery, shadow arts/you name it, but I felt while I had a good time to take position and some surprise attacks I had very low chances to escape when focused.

Best defense is offense. ;) I have to try this next.

Archived