How to improve PvP

@Fearless.3569 said:

• Stop or Punish match manipulators and AFKers in Ranked PvP.Absolutely
  • Make match maker actual completely random to compensate for the low population that a normal match maker completely botches.Not a good idea. The only solution to improve matchmaking : more players = better matchmaking
  • Make it so a duo que can't face off against a team of pure randoms.Would be reasonable and fair
  • Make it so a team can't get two duos vs a team of randoms.Yes that shouldnt be possible
  • Make it so a team can stack classes on it even by backing to character selection screen.In unranked it would be ok, but in ranked please no class stacking

I took a brake from PvP for a while and came back to play a few games with a friend. Since I haven't played in a week+ I had maximum decay putting me down to bronze. In that first game I won 2 points. I decided to play another, I lost 16 points. I don't care if I have decay or if I'm against bad people. Wining 2 and losing 16 is so discouraging I just won't play anymore this season. And probably next as well. I just don't care to play if my rewards are going to be in the single digits and my loses are in the double digits.Anet need to revise there pvp algorithm so that 8wins don't equal one lose. Imo

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:I took a brake from PvP for a while and came back to play a few games with a friend. Since I haven't played in a week+ I had maximum decay putting me down to bronze. In that first game I won 2 points. I decided to play another, I lost 16 points. I don't care if I have decay or if I'm against bad people. Wining 2 and losing 16 is so discouraging I just won't play anymore this season. And probably next as well. I just don't care to play if my rewards are going to be in the single digits and my loses are in the double digits.Anet need to revise there pvp algorithm so that 8wins don't equal one lose. ImoAt least its been 2 points ! It could have been only 1 =)But seriously, I can understand you and its better to have no match than to win win just 2 points - thats too extreme.Maybe it makes it easier to you if I tell you that yesterday, by always winning 8 points but loosing 17, I fell down from P3 to P1 in one afternoon.I had to tell me that in the end its just a game ;)

@hotte in space.2158 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:I took a brake from PvP for a while and came back to play a few games with a friend. Since I haven't played in a week+ I had maximum decay putting me down to bronze. In that first game I won 2 points. I decided to play another, I lost 16 points. I don't care if I have decay or if I'm against bad people. Wining 2 and losing 16 is so discouraging I just won't play anymore this season. And probably next as well. I just don't care to play if my rewards are going to be in the single digits and my loses are in the double digits.Anet need to revise there pvp algorithm so that 8wins don't equal one lose. ImoAt least its been 2 points ! It could have been only 1 =)But seriously, I can understand you and its better to have no match than to win win just 2 points - thats too extreme.Maybe it makes it easier to you if I tell you that yesterday, by always winning 8 points but loosing 17, I fell down from P3 to P1 in one afternoon.I had to tell me that in the end its just a game ;)

What's the incentive to keep playing for you.Me personally I love the combat systems and the 1-9 tab target dodge system they created. But after what 7-8 years of incredibly poor balance and neglect such as one game mode for this long I just don't care to play this game everyday anymore or every week even once a month I just don't care.What keeps you guys playing?

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"Avatar.3568" said:Its fun to play (nice gameplay)

Unless you are on the receiving end of 10+ conditions per second and semi-permanent stunlocks.Which seems to be the core of the current "meta".

I do not care about that, when I get stun locked, than because I did shit in 95% of the times

@"Burnfall.9573" said:'where there's a will, there is a way'Lets hope that PvP dev-team has got that will ;)Anet can remove what's broken, what's not being used and replace them with something entirely new...to keep the Professions new and healthyAll that useless traits with 300 sec CD should be replaced for new traits for example. They could be replaced for reveal-traits to establish counterplay to stealth finally,but I am not sure if this will ever happen.example; i strongly believe in this- one don't need to keep buying 'the next new thing', 'the next upgrade' just to feel new.As a PvPer I agree with this, but for WvW and PvE new specs would be nice of course. These game modes should be developed separately imo.-At the end of the day, it is about the players experience which matters the most and addressing what is broken, unhealthy and replacing/resolving them at their core root with something newI think nearly everbody agrees with this. The problem is that there are different opinions about replacing/resolving broken/unhealthy stuff.Specializations is not the solution in resolving past un-resolved problems but only adds more increasing Toxic experience to the players experience, resulting in more declines to the populationIn term of PvP yesHere is an article which explains it better than i..https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2020/05/09/microsoft-just-showed-an-uncomfortable-truth-about-the-xbox-series-x-and-ps5/amp/your thoughts?The essence of a game is the entertainment. Its the fun which gets generated in a brain. To try to improve something already very good is dangerous because it can leadto the opposite. For example Mario-Kart was a nearly perfect game that couldnt be improved anymore. It just was big fun. Gw2 PvP is a little bit similar. PvP has improvedof course, yes, but parts of the new content didnt neccessarely improve entertainment and fun. In my personal/subjective opinion, with the release of PoF specs, fun madea curve downwards for PvP, and I know I was not the only one. Good intentions dont lead neccessarely to good results ! ! !

Since CmC joined dev-team and as they follow a new stile again, I have much more fun again. They do a good job, they are on a good way !Its just that there still has a lot of work to be done in terms of balancing or reworking classes. And what about the announced hotfixes?There was one, everbody was happy, and then nothing happened anymore. Why do we have to wait so long for small adjustments and hotfixes ???Why dont they let us know about upcoming balance-patches, what they are working on and when we can expect it ???Lets hope devs dont loose their initial zest :)

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:What's the incentive to keep playing for you.Me personally I love the combat systems and the 1-9 tab target dodge system they created. But after what 7-8 years of incredibly poor balance and neglect such as one >game mode for this long I just don't care to play this game everyday anymore or every week even once a month I just don't care.What keeps you guys playing?I love the combat system too, the speed of taking decisions, the thrill in close/even matches, the players character designs, the diversity of maps and last but not leastto stomp opponents is always nice again. After years of playing PvP I still have fun^^