What is this rollback?

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Wieros.5217 said:I am just a newbee in GW2, but I played some games online during the years. Online games used to have fails like this. The matter is how Anet would be able to solve the situation. Do they have proper backup to bring back the morning status? If not, its not just a disappointment but rather a legal problem because many people bought assets for IRL money during the questionable time...

IRL money will 100% be refunded to whichever loss in the game, otherwise they would get into great trouble. If any compensation problem were to rise up it's gonna be the free stuff.

A crash like this may, or may not be outside of their control. The game has been losing contact with log in servers now and then for weeks now, so it could have been something related to that. But...

There will always be a loss on of data and players WILL lose progression on crashes like these, the amount of loss depend on the back up routines of the game/server owners.Many game companies give the players a little compensation of their loss and fix the problem as best they can, but some only say that they are sorry about it and just fix the problem as best they can.

I just hope the issue that occur now and then with the loss of connection to the log in servers get fixed.

If you lost gems on it that you bought for RL money, then you have a receipt on it and you can send a complaint about it to ArenaNet, otherwise, you just have to accept the loss and hope that ArenaNet is kind enough to give the players a little something for the inconvenience of the server crash.

@Dondarrion.2748 said:

@LaWyer.2796 said:Please read everything again. The general terms and conditions of business must not conflict with the rights guaranteed by positive regulations, international regulations, etc., so this article you have posted only applies to accepting upgrades for further play, and is by no means an excuse to delete the entire game weekend.Also, companies like this live almost exclusively from marketing and do you think today’s event is a real marketing breakthrough for GW2 and Anet?

You acknowledge that
Service may be interrupted for reasons within or beyond the control of ArenaNet
, that ArenaNet cannot and does not guarantee You will be able to use the Game or any Account whenever You wish to do so...

Service may be interrupted, and I cannot be bothered to read the entire ToS to find it, but I am 100% sure Anet has covered their back in this agreement so they are not obliged to offer any compensation for disruption to service. They may do it out of good will as a token of gratitude/humility to the player base in EU, but they have no obligation to do so.

...one thing is the inability to access the account and the other thing is deleting things that were made during the time your game was enabled. This game is very demanding and one of the main things is progress, master system, achievement system etc ...AN and GW2 provide a seamless gaming capability service with of course the breaks needed to update etc and that’s what you’re referring to. Nowhere does it say that they have the right to delete your character or his progress on their own initiative without any reason (cheating).

@Neevha.9463 said:Normally servers should be brought down while db is being reinstated.

Your imagination is a bit outdated. Guild Wars 2 is running in the Amazon Cloud.

There is no longer THE db. There is the currently serving configuration, and that can be hotswapped with a new one.So it's prefectly possible that they are already working on a new consistent state of the game, while the old one is still online (but will be discarded on swap)

But i am in doubt that they are already in problem resolution, they first had to wake up in the middle of the night (was 3am in seattle when it happend) organize all people needed, connect to the responsible people at Amazon AWS, find out what happend and why it happend, find out which possibilities exist, report to the decision maker, ...

i haven't noticed the roll back immediately and was farming my home nodes. got a surplus of watchwork sprockets. i thought how strange cos i thought i had sold 250 of them not so long ago. but i sold them again anyway. when i went to the tp to get my gold there was no gold and no sprokets. so, don't sell anything untill they fix this.

Hello

As in the title said. I leveld my elemental mage in one day from lvl 11 to about 26. and Today i logged in again and the char was lvl 11 agian.Did someone else have this Problem? What can you do about that.

I wrote to the support waiting on response.

Best Regards

@Dayra.7405 said:

@"Neevha.9463" said:Normally servers should be brought down while db is being reinstated.

Your imagination is a bit outdated. Guild Wars 2 is running in the Amazon Cloud.

Yeah so i guess i was right ..."We will bring the EU servers down"

AWS or custom solution, every game has a database, and all your stuff is stored in it.

@evziala.8407 said:Hello

As in the title said. I leveld my elemental mage in one day from lvl 11 to about 26. and Today i logged in again and the char was lvl 11 agian.Did someone else have this Problem? What can you do about that.

I wrote to the support waiting on response.

Best Regards

Nothing you can do. Levels fluctuate sometimes.

I gues im only one who doesnt care about any compensation ? Even if thay would tell me ''here you go 50k crystals'' i would say take it and give me my stuff back or you will simply lose 1 customer. Its matter of dignity and trust. If your friend steal something for you and tells you, sry i sold it but here take the money, would you take the money (he would be your friend again ?)?