EU Server back up!

The 2:40 PT time mentioned in the announcement is very close to the moment when the problem started, right? (I wasn't online at the time so I'm going off what I was told in chat when I logged on hours after the rollback hit.)

Anyway, I expect a full restore of my account, going to check as soon as I can.

Edit: the last thing I did was move around some stuff, and it's all where I left it so it looks good.

Im a new player and i got my lvl 80 on saturday night and completed my storyline. i was lucky to get into this game now to see how close the community actually is. The tragedy that entire servers were discussing was an absolute epitaphy of awesomeness. Im glad everything went back to normal and we can normally play now. Because of this, I would continue to play this game and making new players join in.

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:The 2:40 PT time mentioned in the announcement is very close to the moment when the problem started, right? (I wasn't online at the time so I'm going off what I was told in chat when I logged on hours after the rollback hit.)

Anyway, I expect a full restore of my account, going to check as soon as I can.

Edit: the last thing I did was move around some stuff, and it's all where I left it so it looks good.

I'm not sure when the problem happened but it was about 3am PT when I realised the problem had happened, so yes it must be very close to where we were.

When I finish work and can log in I'll have to see what's still there from what I did on Monday.

The time mentioned seems cool for me. Would mean no progress lost. In European time zone it was about 11:40 (am) in Germany. And I have usually lots of free time to play early - even during week - but since it was monday I was doing my weekly shopping early ... so only the ones that played SAB early have one more day SAB. + the players that played after that time until the servers got taken down ... will have lost a lil bit progress.

Not a big deal. And I didn't lose any progress. Only the opportunity to get 1 mor daily token SAB (should I have played very early that morning).

Only one advice to the "devoted" part of the community: Hang your heads in shame!People have been throwing lit-up torches at the ANet team for the last 24 hours in a complete disbelief before any resolutions were updated, and honestly, I admire the team for still going strong after seeing such hatred toward them and the game in recent hours. I understand the pressure which has put people into that state, but insulting the game for one unintentional failure in its whole history seems like an overdramatising to me. They were saving our butts to have the best solution possible and it is much better than what was expected. Sometimes I really think that certain people count one mistake more than million successes

The main problem was the communication. If they had communicated better I think we would have had less threads in the forums. Could have made one topic where people talked and devs gave progress status. I guess it was necessary to not promise too much. (Otherwise more whining if they promised to restore and then it would have turned out that it is not possible.)

Still something like "we try to restore ... it looks like it will be possible but we can't promise" would have been nice.

@"Luthan.5236" said:The main problem was the communication. If they had communicated better I think we would have had less threads in the forums. Could have made one topic where people talked and devs gave progress status. I guess it was necessary to not promise too much. (Otherwise more whining if they promised to restore and then it would have turned out that it is not possible.)

Still something like "we try to restore ... it looks like it will be possible but we can't promise" would have been nice.Communication was fine. ANet is not your mother whispering soothing words. Anything more than "We're working on it" has no purpose at all.